Why doesn't Rogue have this buff in the game, like she does in the 90's X-Men cartoon and comics?

TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★

X-Men cartoon/Comics: Rogue gained flight, super strength, and became Indestructible (including having an inbulnerability to poison) from permanently absorbing these from Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel.

Game: Rogue has the flight and super strength from Ms./Captain Marvel, but not the Indestructible and poison immunity.

When I used to watch the X-Men cartoons in the 90's, I saw this Indestructible ability in her end credits profile. When I started playing this game, I didn't see this ability for her, and it was kind of disappointing.

I'd love to see Rogue get a buff. She badly needs one. She's a decent champ, but could be so much better.

Comments

• TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★
    edited June 15

It's because the economy of the game doesn't allow the actual comic version to be use. If Rogue is indestructible, it would make the game way to easy and boring as hell. Also if you notice, the top comic characters like Sentry, Silver Surfer, Thor, Immortal Hulk and other cosmic level champs in the comic books, they don't hold a candle to someone like Nick who carries a pistol and a knife.

It will not interfere with this so-called economy of the game. Kabam is constantly adding OP champs with insane abilities and immunities that don't make the game boring. The game economy haven't stopped other champs like Hulkling, Titania, Jessica Jones from having it. She doesn't have to be completely indestructible, just have the buff trigger like CMM, Herc, and Hulkling does.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    If they really want to buff Rogue all they need to do is give her the ability to steal any buffs the defender or attacker has and make it last longer. This would make her a powerhouse of a champ. Like @captain_rogers said, she was release in the early days when few buffs exist and they were simple buffs. All these new buffs she can't steal is making her harder to use.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★
    She's not indestructible. She's "indestructible" like an anvil. That blurb won't get into the nuance of the difference. Conventional firearms and weapons won't damage her, but superhuman weapons and impacts would. Don't put much stock in those brief descriptions. One of the cartoons described Wolverine's claws as "surgical steel".
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 964 ★★★★
    We need an update version of this Rogue 🤩.

https://youtu.be/ikE0KmhZ9s4?si=OYxzwWcSFTVqJ1NC

Also remember love using Gambit from that game, his SP was also crazy OP, managed to get a 99 hit combo.
  • MasquiradeMasquirade Member Posts: 132
    She's always been a favourite character of mine canonically, but I've R4'd her recently and she hits like such a wet noodle. Her healing ability is almost necessary because she takes fights so much longer meaning she is vulnerable to taking more chip damage, so her "strength" doesn't make her excel anywhere in particular, it just helps cover her weaker kit.

She's always been a favourite character of mine canonically, but I've R4'd her recently and she hits like such a wet noodle. Her healing ability is almost necessary because she takes fights so much longer meaning she is vulnerable to taking more chip damage, so her "strength" doesn't make her excel anywhere in particular, it just helps cover her weaker kit.

Great input. I love Rogue, and want to r5 her, but I just can't. Kabam isn't giving her full potential.

She is suffering from "released too soon" syndrome.

The same reason why Fan favourite powerhouses like Thor, cap og, Dr strange are dummy in the game. They are released years buff.

So what, Buff them you may ask? Well If they buff rogue tomorrow, then someone will say buff cyclops, buff pheonix buff beast and this cycle continues.

One day rogue might be buffed and she 'may' have indestructible abilities, But we will never know WHEN

All of those mentioned actually NEED a buff too lol. An "X-men" buff (Rogue, Beast, Cyclops) would have been a great strategic move to make around the time of the X-Men '97 premier. Especially since Kabam likes to keep putting outdated duds like Cyclops, in featured crystals. Players work hard for the shards and crystals, and would like to get a solid champ out of them instead of feeling like they worked hard to get trash.

• doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    At very least, she should be poison immune
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    Problem with Rogue is she was brought in too early to the game and she hasn't aged well in the contest
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 120
    imo just add 2 things, increase her buff stole duration to +5 and add more modern buffs that she can steal.