Heavies getting parried

MagicBentonMagicBenton Member Posts: 290 ★★★
edited June 15 in Bugs and Known Issues
How is this possible? Aren't heavies only supposed to be able to be prevented by stand your ground or some special ability/node?

I was using Omega Red vs Attuma in AW, node 25, T1 map. There is no special ability for Attuma to parry a heavy, yet it happened twice in the same fight. There was no Stand Your Ground callout, so unless the no-callout is a bug, I don't believe it was that.

I did not record it, but that's got to be a bug, no? Am I missing something?

Comments

• LexSaviLexSavi Member Posts: 216
    This happened to me in AW yesterday.

I was fighting Quicksilver with my Torch. He parried my heavy. QS can parry non-contact hits at 600+ momentum but I can’t see anything in Torch’s kit that says any of his hits are non-contact.

The only other thing I can think of is if the opponent had stand your ground. If they try to parry the heavy and stand your ground triggers, that could also possibly explain it.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    edited June 15
    For Stand Your Ground, the call out is "Resist" I believe.. if you didn't see that call out then maybe that part of it is bugged, but the Mastery making is possible is definitely SYG
    With the new AW mastery loadouts nearly everyone will have 5/5 now probably
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Member Posts: 290 ★★★

For Stand Your Ground, the call out is "Resist" I believe.. if you didn't see that call out then maybe that part of it is bugged, but the Mastery making is possible is definitely SYG
    With the new AW mastery loadouts nearly everyone will have 5/5 now probably

Correct, I never saw "Resist" either time.
  • SagaChampionSagaChampion Member Posts: 1,283 ★★★
    This Game has changed lot of things as we compare to 2023. Some things are new good & bad .

And I will say that , this is bad for me some times ai parrying my specials & resists heavies getting some frustration 😤 for 1 seconds .

• LONERANGER_141LONERANGER_141 Member Posts: 54
    edited June 17
    OpenAI should look into kabam AI.
    ( for all intents and purposes this is a joke)