**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What are your BG Season 19 and "Compensation" thoughts?

TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,871 ★★★★★
edited June 22 in General Discussion
"We messed up, so we're going to "give" you these "free" rewards........but you have to work for them first, after you've already earned them, because we messed up your BG starting ranking this season, and we refuse to just GIVE you these rewards as compensation, so YOU have to grind harder now to make up for our mistake." is the message I'm getting from this "compensation".

Isn't compensation supposed to be given freely without having to re-work for it? I'm sure just sending it to our in-game mail would have sufficed.

I was in Vibranium last BG season --which is where I like to be. Due to the error, I started in Silver this season, and just got to Gold. If for some reason I don't make it back up to Diamond or Vibranium this season, I won't get the crystal shard "compensation". 😕

And what kind of issue would cause us to start lower than we normally would? What is going on on the devs side that would cause a game-wide lower starting position??

This isn't a bug or anything. This is very unusual.

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,068 ★★★★★
    The seeding problem is because they added new tiers.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Hmmm ok. But how does that knock us down in ranking? Shouldn't we have stayed in our same metallic brackets?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,068 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Hmmm ok. But how does that knock us down in ranking? Shouldn't we have stayed in our same metallic brackets?
    Couldn't tell you aside from it was probably a bug.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,587 ★★★★★
    I personally, selfishly, like everything that has gone wrong. I liked starting lower so I can more easily rack up wins with my elder marks. (I always get to GC, normally within the first two weeks)

With that being said, I feel for those whom the matchmaking is off. I shouldn't have faced some of the opponents I did in gold or whatever to plat. While I didn't face any uncollected or anyone with 5* champs, I still felt bad for ones I did face that were outmatched. I know that the gloves come off at some point in the rankings, but it seems like the gloves were never put on this season.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,670 ★★★★★

I personally, selfishly, like everything that has gone wrong. I liked starting lower so I can more easily rack up wins with my elder marks. (I always get to GC, normally within the first two weeks)

With that being said, I feel for those whom the matchmaking is off. I shouldn't have faced some of the opponents I did in gold or whatever to plat. While I didn't face any uncollected or anyone with 5* champs, I still felt bad for ones I did face that were outmatched. I know that the gloves come off at some point in the rankings, but it seems like the gloves were never put on this season.

I agree with the first part. I like that I can start the climb from lower.
    I also haven't run into any lower accounts in Gold so I don't feel that bad about it personally. It does really suck for those lower accounts who are matching with valiants in gold right now though.
    Most of us will probably funnel out in the next cycle or 2 of the objectives
  • Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 193

"We messed up, so we're going to "give" you these "free" rewards........but you have to work for them first, after you've already earned them, because we messed up your BG starting ranking this season, and we refuse to just GIVE you these rewards as compensation, so YOU have to grind harder now to make up for our mistake." is the message I'm getting from this "compensation".

Isn't compensation supposed to be given freely without having to re-work for it? I'm sure just sending it to our in-game mail would have sufficed.

I was in Vibranium last BG season --which is where I like to be. Due to the error, I started in Silver this season, and just got to Gold. If for some reason I don't make it back up to Diamond or Vibranium this season, I won't get the crystal shard "compensation". 😕

And what kind of issue would cause us to start lower than we normally would? What is going on on the devs side that would cause a game-wide lower starting position??

This isn't a bug or anything. This is very unusual.

If u make it to GC u want to start next season in GC 😂
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,032 ★★★★
    I’d love bugs like this every season.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Bro literally said he wants free 7* and 10k Titan shards as sorry 😥

I didn't ask for that. It was their idea. If it's compensation as they claim, then it should have come without having to grind for it.

If the shards are upgraded of rewards from here on, then it makes sense to put them in the ranks. But if they're COMP for a screw up, then they should have just been sent to our in-game mail.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,158 ★★★★★
    I mean, they're giving us 15k 7* shards and 10k Titan shards. Would you rather they just give us a 6* Abyss (garbage for most Valiants) for free and nothing else? Cause if you wanted 100% free compensation then that would've been it, 15k 7* shards and 10k Titan shards is huge for Paragons TBs and Cavs there is no way they could just give something like that away completely for free.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 951 ★★★★★
    edited June 22
    I think the compensation is fine. I don’t usually grind for GC and putting the Titan shards there doesn’t bother me. I don’t value Titan shards. The extra 7 star is nice in the earlier climb.

As I stated in another thread, moving the magnatron crystal to the 3 match completion objective would have been a strong move to compensate cavs and uncollected players suffering from the harsh matchmaking for them right out of the gate. That’s my only criticism.
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

Working for your “compensation” is pretty pathetic, but at least it’s good compensation. For the record titan shards have little value to me, that pool is a mess. The 7* shards are nice.

I’d much rather have started in the seeding tier I earned based on the previous season. The last thing I wanted is more bg matches.

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. We shouldn't have to work for "compensation".
  • Options
    edited June 23

Isn't this the guy who hoards 7* shards and titans for no reason? Or is that some other guy?

Yes I hoard my shards. For "no reason"? No. There's ALWAYS a reason.

And I'm not a guy. Unless you're thinking of Brian Grant lol

But what does your comment have to do with this?