AjBabyAjBaby Member Posts: 18
Hi Guys, is 6 *Captain America Sam wilson (not duped) worth R4

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,298 ★★★★
    No mainly because he is a 7-Star
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,723 ★★★★★
    No
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,860 ★★★★★
    Speaking as someone who did take Sam to r4, and very rarely finds a use for him: you'll get more from spending your resources elsewhere.

I wish Sam was better - I love the design, love the character. But everything he does, someone else does better; and his damage can be charitably described as 'terrible'.

If you need a Miss counter, there are way better champions who can do that, like Photon, Bullseye, Ironheart, Stealthy, Kate Bishop, Nick Fury, Human Torch, Silver Surfer, CGR, Professor X...

If it's his other utility you like, and you have the option, you'd be far better off with Guardian; who does almost everything Sam does*, with way more damage; which seems crazy given that Guardian is two years older.

Shared Utility:
    *Good armour and block proficiency
    *Non-crits
    *Block Unblockable from mutants
    *Autoblock specials
    *Parry missiles
    *Very unreliable Power Drain that you don't really use...

Comparing Guardian's instant Shock damage, it's almost 50% higher than Sam's instant Rupture damage. And that's before you consider the literally limitless damage potential of Guardian's SP2.

I wish the re-balance program had been around when Sam was introduced. He needed it, but it hasn't been invented, yet...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,860 ★★★★★
    For a bit of added evidence regarding Sam's pillow fists:

Sam Wilson - 4/55, Sig 180:

Guardian - 3/45:

So, Guardian (2020 Champ) at r3 effortlessly out-damages Sam (2022 champ) at r4.

With a Hulkbuster relic at r4, Guardian would probably have double the damage of Sam Wilson. The only reason mine is at 3/45 is that I got him as a 7* before taking the 6* up.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★★

Speaking as someone who did take Sam to r4, and very rarely finds a use for him: you'll get more from spending your resources elsewhere.

I wish Sam was better - I love the design, love the character. But everything he does, someone else does better; and his damage can be charitably described as 'terrible'.

If you need a Miss counter, there are way better champions who can do that, like Photon, Bullseye, Ironheart, Stealthy, Kate Bishop, Nick Fury, Human Torch, Silver Surfer, CGR, Professor X...

If it's his other utility you like, and you have the option, you'd be far better off with Guardian; who does almost everything Sam does*, with way more damage; which seems crazy given that Guardian is two years older.

Shared Utility:
    *Non-crits
    *Autoblock specials
    *Parry missiles

Comparing Guardian's instant Shock damage, it's almost 50% higher than Sam's instant Rupture damage. And that's before you consider the literally limitless damage potential of Guardian's SP2.

I wish the re-balance program had been around when Sam was introduced. He needed it, but it hasn't been invented, yet...

Agreed… he’s sooo close to being good but yet soo far away from it. He’d probably shine if he was given a Chavez/MrF numbers type buff, although there is one thing I think they should look at in addition to that and that’s sp2 consuming all armor ups as well. Alway think trading away all utility in the damage pay off better result in the kill and the damage just ain’t there to justify it.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,297 ★★★★★

Shared Utility:
    *Non-crits
    *Autoblock specials
    *Parry missiles

If he was rebalance they would sure have given him a numbers bump and a more reliable power drain.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,297 ★★★★★
    Not exactly the best, but he's pretty underrated. Ranking up the 6* would be better for now since he needs high sig