Drop rates missing for limited valiant crystal

IggyPopIggyPop Member Posts: 65
Don’t know if it’s a visual glitch or they forgot to add it, but drop rates for either 5-6-7* champs just don’t exist in those 2 valiant crystals that we got from supply drop event.

Does anyone see the same or have you already popped them without checking?

Comments

• IggyPopIggyPop Member Posts: 65
    P.S. unrelated but @Kabam Jax was it really necessary to remove paragon shards calendar? And if so, why none was put in the super daily event as a replacement? What am I to do with 1.8k shards now?! 🥲
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★
    IggyPop said:

Don’t know if it’s a visual glitch or they forgot to add it, but drop rates for either 5-6-7* champs just don’t exist in those 2 valiant crystals that we got from supply drop event.

Does anyone see the same or have you already popped them without checking?

The drop rates only show if purchased but its the same rates as the regular so 2% for a 7
    Bendy said:

The drop rates only show if purchased but its the same rates as the regular so 2% for a 7

I thought it was almost a regulation for them to include drop rates for any “loot” based items in game? I do really want to believe it’s what you say it is, but can’t be taking something on faith, have to see it to believe it 😅
    IggyPop said:

Bendy said:

I thought it was almost a regulation for them to include drop rates for any “loot” based items in game? I do really want to believe it’s what you say it is, but can’t be taking something on faith, have to see it to believe it 😅
    Its been stated themselfs that only bought crystals will show drop rates u can test this by claiming the daily crystal in the webstore since its a purchase it shows rates but wont anywhere else
    edited June 25
    Bendy said:

Its been stated themselfs that only bought crystals will show drop rates u can test this by claiming the daily crystal in the webstore since its a purchase it shows rates but wont anywhere else

You sure man? What about all the solo crystals we used to get from daily events upon its completion as a rank reward? You didn’t purchase the Crystal but it still has drop rates, same way the ones you would buy from third tab in Crystal stash, so why these 2 Valiant crystals any different?
  • captaincushcaptaincush Member Posts: 768 ★★★★
    the regulation you are referring to only applies to items that you can buy with real money, so they do not have to include drop rates for everything if they do not want to
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★
    IggyPop said:

Bendy said:

Crystals that can be bought with real money are required to show drop rates.

the regulation you are referring to only applies to items that you can buy with real money, so they do not have to include drop rates for everything if they do not want to

And yet pretty much every single Crystal in game has it 🤷🏽‍♂️

I don’t know man, quick search gave me this line: “Game developers must disclose the percentage of obtaining an item from a loot box. These percentages must reflect reality.”
    So in over words there must be a % showing your chance of obtaining item (hero) from the loot box (Crystal). Doesn’t seem to be specifically for items that are purchased at monetary value.
    edited June 25
    IggyPop said:

I don’t know man, quick search gave me this line: “Game developers must disclose the percentage of obtaining an item from a loot box. These percentages must reflect reality.”
    So in over words there must be a % showing your chance of obtaining item (hero) from the loot box (Crystal). Doesn’t seem to be specifically for items that are purchased at monetary value.
    Dude stop arguing this point its been stated a few times now kabam only has to add drop rates if purchased also its a limited crystal who cares these are literally the same rates as valiant crystals u buy with units nothing changes with the drop rates
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★
    edited June 25
    IggyPop said:

The whole reason why drop rates are displayed is because of Apples App Store App requirements. In order for a App to be published in the App Store, it has to meet many, many requirements. This is the clause from Apple's website-

3.1 Payments

3.1.1 In-App Purchase:
    If you want to unlock features or functionality within your app, (by way of example: subscriptions, in-game currencies, game levels, access to premium content, or unlocking a full version), you must use in-app purchase. Apps may not use their own mechanisms to unlock content or functionality, such as license keys, augmented reality markers, QR codes, cryptocurrencies and cryptocurrency wallets, etc.

Apps may use in-app purchase currencies to enable customers to “tip” the developer or digital content providers in the app.

Any credits or in-game currencies purchased via in-app purchase may not expire, and you should make sure you have a restore mechanism for any restorable in-app purchases.

Apps may enable gifting of items that are eligible for in-app purchase to others. Such gifts may only be refunded to the original purchaser and may not be exchanged.

Apps distributed via the Mac App Store may host plug-ins or extensions that are enabled with mechanisms other than the App Store.

Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase.

You can find everything here- https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#:~:text=Apps distributed via the Mac,to customers prior to purchase.

There are some crystals that have drop rates but aren't technically for sale. Like the special side quest event crystals. But because they are
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    Even if it's 80% chance to pull 7*, players would still get 5*
    So meh
    edited June 25
    PT_99 said:

So meh

Maybe, maybe not. A guy in my alliance pulled 2 7* out of those 2 crystals, so everything is possible 🤷🏽‍♂️

And regarding the above, I’m not really arguing over anything, just was curious why drop rate didn’t display for those unpurchased in game crystals, even if it similar to the standard ones, so wanted to see if it was intended or a visual bug. But only left wishing it was the later 😂
  • DARKSEID_DARKSEID_ Member Posts: 2
    PT_99 said:

So meh