**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

A ray of hope flickers in the sky

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,734 ★★★★
For all those complaining about matchmaking and getting matched up with Valiant accounts - I present to you an absolute ray of hope to lift your spirits.

I have been Valiant since just after 8.4 went live, having previously completed a run of Necropolis. I've got the requisite 2 7R3s, a handful of 7R2s, and a bunch of 6R5s - my BG deck is filled out with a bunch of 7R1s and 6R4s. I made GC last season.

For 2 BG matches in a row today, that I played during my lunchbreak, I was matched up with notably weaker accounts - now while I did get some pretty bad luck in my drafts, I was still able to pull together a pretty decent team; then I didn't pick the best match-ups, and finally I played like complete a#$e...and I lost, both times.

I'm not alone in this, there are plenty of us around who have strong rosters and just straight up play badly, so keep going everyone, keep trying, plan good matchups, and take those opportunities when they're available.

To those 2 opponents of mine, great job, you played very well and definitely deserved the wins.

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,717 ★★★★★

Joker1976 said:

Let me tell you something my friend,..”hope”..is a dangerous thing.
    Hope can drive a man insane. 😂
    Sorry,..was just watching Shawshank Redemption the other day…had to do it.

Reminds me of an SCP article it's about a bunch of researchers that are studying some cave paintings and make some discoveries that reveals the true nature of hope.
    I won't go into the entire details (although it's a very interesting read) but it essentially wraps up with the message that hope isn't what people think it is. And that it's purpose of existence is a sinister one
    what is the SCP number?
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    edited June 26

• Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,438 ★★★★
    It's rng with draft.. sometimes opponents get better draws than you, even if you have a better deck.. doesn't guarantee all the top attacker and defender will pop up.. then it's who you pick that can make or break, defender and AI can also affect your win or loss.

So don't give up immediately.. try your best.. who knows your opponent might get bad controls or passive AI..
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    edited June 26
    @captain_rogers
    It's SCP-6667 , it's a pretty short read.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 879 ★★★
    In my case as Valiant, I get matched up with Paragons that have better rosters with key current champs that I don't even have such as serpent, or bullseye, etc. So when a Paragons gets matched against my account, their minds starts thinking, I can stick it to a valiant. Majority of my losses are to Paragon. So this probably gives a ray of hope to those Paragons that I've faced, while I'm cussing up a storm.