Can We Please Stop Adding Deathless Pieces in Battlegrounds

kenadroidkenadroid Member Posts: 510 ★★★
I don't think I'm the only one who feels like this. Battlegrounds have been very encouraging for people who have bigger accounts and whales, but there are some casual players who just wants the deathless pieces without the grind of battlegrounds.

It was possible with Deathless KG so I don't see why not continue the trend of not putting deathless pieces in Battlegrounds.

Would probably better to have a Carina's challenge of sort like using the 3* of the original champion in ROL. Still better than climbing to GC.

Hopefully others will agree.

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,919 ★★★★★
    Rol with 3s we had and isnt tough enough they want it to be tough so it would be like a lab 4 star requirement or something abyss
  • kenadroidkenadroid Member Posts: 510 ★★★
    Bendy said:

Rol with 3s we had and isnt tough enough they want it to be tough so it would be like a lab 4 star requirement or something abyss

Sigh 😔 yeah but it's not a grind compared to getting to GC
    kenadroid said:

Bendy said:

Sigh 😔 yeah but it's not a grind compared to getting to GC
    Id rather a grind than something a lot of players wouldnt do till a point it wont be tough like when 4s can get the added bonus or options for abyss fights that the requirement can do since say u do easy path u need a option for cmm which isnt easy without a mystic
    DrZola said:

The other option is to keep Deathless pieces in BGs and realize (too late) that people just stop caring about them.

I think the “bigger accounts cruise through BGs” argument isn’t totally accurate. Some do, but for many accounts that don’t make a career of BGs it’s a slog like it is for everyone else. Double that slog with the seeding mess and then add some more on top for the impact of 7/4 deals.

Dr. Zola

It was possible with Deathless KG not needing a piece from battlegrounds tho. I don't see why not keep it as a trend of not adding the piece to BGs
    kenadroid said:

DrZola said:

The other option is to keep Deathless pieces in BGs and realize (too late) that people just stop caring about them.

I think the “bigger accounts cruise through BGs” argument isn’t totally accurate. Some do, but for many accounts that don’t make a career of BGs it’s a slog like it is for everyone else. Double that slog with the seeding mess and then add some more on top for the impact of 7/4 deals.

Dr. Zola

It was possible with Deathless KG not needing a piece from battlegrounds tho. I don't see why not keep it as a trend of not adding the piece to BGs
    They said not every piece be bgs but will now and then we can expect maybe the last deathless to be different just have to wait also bit late now that its just 1 deathless to be revealed
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    kenadroid said:

Would probably better to have a Carina's challenge of sort like using the 3* of the original champion in ROL. Still better than climbing to GC.

Oh please no what an awful suggestion. Making us slog through act 8 bosses with the limited pool was awful.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,139 ★★★★★
    Any Valiant with 2 r3s and even mediocre skills can get to gc especially after changes to the medal system.

If you made this post when the season is about to end, I would've talked in favour of you. But there's 19 more days into this season. You cannot get to gc if you never try to in the first place.

You don't like/don't play bgs? Cool. There's more content in game other than bgs, But deathless piece is only for those who play all game modes.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,377 ★★★★★
    It’s literally made for endgame players lmao. The 7* pieces aren’t for people who can do this type of content
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Good point, Dr -- just like they should've done something about the Magnetron crystals because getting a win was much tougher for some.

I would prefer most pieces be in permanent content, but I'm not sure how that would work.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,321 ★★★★★
    Agreed, not everything has to be from BGs
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★
    I don't really like BGs, but better there then the showcase thing. I don't play high end war, have no desire to, but I probably could have ranked all the counters and muscled through it if it wasn't only 2 weeks. At least this next one is just in completion not exploration.
    All I'm asking for is to put the deathless pieces in another place, not in bgs, that ROL was just a suggestion. Even high end players like me gets frustrated in BGs. Winning two fights and you get bad streak of losing it all from bigger accounts due to matching bad luck or bad RNG.

I got three 7r3, but I've matched with people who have seven 7r3 and all duped/high sigs.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★
    kenadroid said:

All I'm asking for is to put the deathless pieces in another place, not in bgs, that ROL was just a suggestion. Even high end players like me gets frustrated in BGs. Winning two fights and you get bad streak of losing it all from bigger accounts due to matching bad luck or bad RNG.

I got three 7r3, but I've matched with people who have seven 7r3 and all duped/high sigs.

Was there a good reason the piece couldn't be in the solo event milestones instead of GC? This grind is horrible.
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Member Posts: 170
    Agreed. There should at least be an ALTERNATE challenge to get the piece. Rare resources should NEVER be locked behind COMPETITIVE game modes. It creates a system of haves and have-nots. Are they going to start putting Deathless pieces in Platinum and Master-level War rewards too? Competitive game modes have EVER-CHANGING requirements to win them, based on how strong you are compared to other players. And it's simply not fair to say you will be denied this reward because you're not as good as other players. In theory, EVERY single player in the game can get the piece from a Carina's challenge or other kind of quest. And everyone SHOULD have an equal opportunity to get these rare trophy champs.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 416 ★★
    I disagree - I want T6CC & 6* sigstones to progress my account & Bg is the best place for that so putting something in BGs is 2-in-1 for me. I don't want to do BGs + Another carina's challenge .
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 416 ★★
    kenadroid said:

I don't think I'm the only one who feels like this. Battlegrounds have been very encouraging for people who have bigger accounts and whales, but there are some casual players who just wants the deathless pieces without the grind of battlegrounds.

It was possible with Deathless KG so I don't see why not continue the trend of not putting deathless pieces in Battlegrounds.

If u are casual player why u want deathless champs ???
  • ManbatnManbatn Member Posts: 71
    I agree I did it to get the gully piece but I won’t ever be doing it again no matter what rewards are thrown in.
  • The_losttierThe_losttier Member Posts: 128 ★★
    I prefer BG and not another carina challenge… just saying
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★
    Asher1_1 said:

kenadroid said:

If u are casual player why u want deathless champs ???
    Casual with regards to BGs.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★

I prefer BG and not another carina challenge… just saying

Carina's are at least permanent content
  • RetroRocksRetroRocks Member Posts: 68
    I think a big issue with deathless pieces in BG, is it’ll end up eventually removing average/mid players like me, so it could accelerate people leaving the mode to “take a break” after an enforced grind, and lower numbers in the mode is exactly what they were trying to solve. Seems a bit short sighted, I wonder if they needed to hit an engagement stat at month end for netmarble so found a way to force players to spend time in the mode?

I assume they put the deathless piece at end of VC to get everyone to play and bolster the numbers to get more people matching after the last few months where numbers of players pushing high were noticeably reducing.
    But having a rather slow and often boring grind all the way to VC for a piece of an average champ seems rather lame. Eventually I’ll wake up and realise I am wasting my life chasing a grey coloured champ I don’t care about and give up. Don’t give me hours to realise that problem by making me grind a repetitive mode that I’d rather not be in ,distract me with new exciting content to engage me! It’s like putting the piece in an arena, no way would they do that to drive game engagement.

It’s a shame as for me I’ll certainly stay away from the mode from a long time after being forced to play rather than actually wanting to (good riddance I hear you say! Ha)
    But it might just accelerate non addicted players to exit, all by forcing their hand to play (for hours and hours!) a mode that’s clearly quite love it or hate it for a lot of players.

Surely putting the piece in the solo objectives would have been better, less grind and leave the vibranium tier for those who care about it and actually want to enjoy it and be all competitive with each other.
    It really hasn’t helped with this whole starting point demotion to gold increasing the grind. For me I only played last season to reduce the hours I’d have to play this time, but that was completely wasted. I don’t want more rewards, I want hours of my life back!
    it was for me the most disappointing mess up kabam have done for a long time. The rewards they added are just no way worth the hours of extra time I have to spend playing a mode I don’t like. Felt like bribery : we messed up, we won’t fix it, here have a rubbish 7 star dupe you don’t care about and only half of a rather meh titan crystal. Humpf.
    They should have ended the season early, given a rewards sample and restarted the whole mess in the right tiers. I do not agree with their “fix”

Also on the topics of BGs can we have an options switch to have permanent mute on emotes please. I am so fed up of people spamming emotes and generally being aggressive when they win a round, it’s really unpleasant to have to grind through these idiot children. Why do they give it the big one when they have a massive roster and beat me in the final round. What did you think was going to happen, just shut up and beat me quicker so I can go to the next match and you can go irritate someone else. Or in fact maybe take a break go outside and enjoy life that isn’t tapping on your phone. It doesn’t matter, calm down, stop pressing the stupid buttons.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,276 ★★★★★

I think a big issue with deathless pieces in BG, is it’ll end up eventually removing average/mid players like me, so it could accelerate people leaving the mode to “take a break” after an enforced grind, and lower numbers in the mode is exactly what they were trying to solve. Seems a bit short sighted, I wonder if they needed to hit an engagement stat at month end for netmarble so found a way to force players to spend time in the mode?

I assume they put the deathless piece at end of VC to get everyone to play and bolster the numbers to get more people matching after the last few months where numbers of players pushing high were noticeably reducing.
    But having a rather slow and often boring grind all the way to VC for a piece of an average champ seems rather lame. Eventually I’ll wake up and realise I am wasting my life chasing a grey coloured champ I don’t care about and give up. Don’t give me hours to realise that problem by making me grind a repetitive mode that I’d rather not be in ,distract me with new exciting content to engage me! It’s like putting the piece in an arena, no way would they do that to drive game engagement.

It’s a shame as for me I’ll certainly stay away from the mode from a long time after being forced to play rather than actually wanting to (good riddance I hear you say! Ha)
    But it might just accelerate non addicted players to exit, all by forcing their hand to play (for hours and hours!) a mode that’s clearly quite love it or hate it for a lot of players.

Surely putting the piece in the solo objectives would have been better, less grind and leave the vibranium tier for those who care about it and actually want to enjoy it and be all competitive with each other.
    It really hasn’t helped with this whole starting point demotion to gold increasing the grind. For me I only played last season to reduce the hours I’d have to play this time, but that was completely wasted. I don’t want more rewards, I want hours of my life back!
    it was for me the most disappointing mess up kabam have done for a long time. The rewards they added are just no way worth the hours of extra time I have to spend playing a mode I don’t like. Felt like bribery : we messed up, we won’t fix it, here have a rubbish 7 star dupe you don’t care about and only half of a rather meh titan crystal. Humpf.
    They should have ended the season early, given a rewards sample and restarted the whole mess in the right tiers. I do not agree with their “fix”

Also on the topics of BGs can we have an options switch to have permanent mute on emotes please. I am so fed up of people spamming emotes and generally being aggressive when they win a round, it’s really unpleasant to have to grind through these idiot children. Why do they give it the big one when they have a massive roster and beat me in the final round. What did you think was going to happen, just shut up and beat me quicker so I can go to the next match and you can go irritate someone else. Or in fact maybe take a break go outside and enjoy life that isn’t tapping on your phone. It doesn’t matter, calm down, stop pressing the stupid buttons.

TLDR. You aren't the demographic kabam is targeting with the 7* deathless champions and are salty about it