50k+ Units. Grab the 36k deal or wait for Cyber Monday?

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★
edited June 29 in General Discussion
At about 52k units at the moment. Valiant of course.

I'm really resenting the fact they made be the previous years equivalent of 18k now be the 36k as the norm.

But I've heard polar opposite takes, some saying that 36k units is just too much for all of it, and that no t4a, sigs, AG etc are present. On the other hand, some saying that there is a lot of guaranteed value, that I'd be left behind in BGs.

I'm f2p as of now and very rarely do arena, so if I were to spend, I wouldn't have the 36k for Cyber Deals.

Cyber was worse last year than July 4 but that could very well change this year since their motto seems to be geared towards aligning the game to have more rewards , easier and simpler content etc etc per the recent livestreams

50k+ Units. Grab the 36k deal or wait for Cyber Monday? 65 votes

Grab the 36k unit deal
49% 32 votes
Save for Cyber Monday / Banquet
50% 33 votes

Comments

• allinashesallinashes Member Posts: 826 ★★★
    I had around 46k units and went ahead and ran the unit deals. The value in the lower deals wasn't quite what I expected, but I play arena specifically for these chances to buff up my acct.

I often don't do all the top content that comes along, meaning no Necro exploration or maxing pts on Sorrow this time or last. I feel always hitting the unit sales keeps my acct chugging along.

The second reason is champ selectors and Nexus crystals. It can be hard to pull champs you want with RNG, especially with low or no spending, so picking up Bullseye, Onslaught, Chavez and duping a couple of my R3s is hard to pass up.

Plus as already mentioned, an arena grinder can make up another 36k plus in time for Cyber sales fairly easily. I agree that 36k as the new normal low-key sux. Feels like inflation, because we're def not getting twice the previous value imo. Two spends of 15k (30k total) would feel less like a kick in da nuts, but this is Kabam, so we just have to wear a cup and stay in da game.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,083 ★★★
    I think units for you will be harder to come by without spending or arena grind. If you really want a 2023 champ and missing a launch champ or want a Titan nexus, then this event is for you. I really liked the arcade nexus and the 7* nexus if you like opening crystals, I got the nexus deal twice and got Havoc, Kushala, Gladiator and forgot the fourth.
    I always feel like unless you are in a whale alliance, banquet is only good for lower progression. Rank up materials depreciates but champs don’t.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Member Posts: 167
    I have 70K+ units because I rarely buy any deals, including July 4, Cyber, and Banquet. The last year’s July 4 deals were the only time I felt like I had to buy, so I bought them. I wouldn’t save specifically for Cyber or Banquet. There is no guarantee that the deals will be better. But I also wouldn’t buy this year’s deals unless I find them worthwhile. Personally, I consider spending 18K because I have no plans for my units.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★

I have 70K+ units because I rarely buy any deals, including July 4, Cyber, and Banquet. The last year’s July 4 deals were the only time I felt like I had to buy, so I bought them. I wouldn’t save specifically for Cyber or Banquet. There is no guarantee that the deals will be better. But I also wouldn’t buy this year’s deals unless I find them worthwhile. Personally, I consider spending 18K because I have no plans for my units.

@Jazz_Messenger it doesnt make much sense to me to spend 18k , you may as well go all in because youre closing out the costs by just half the amount left. If i had 70k i wouldve probably done it.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,122 ★★★★★

I did what you did. I had 50k units and went just for 18k…strengthened my account enough to be satisfied but didn’t go all in for 36k. Lot easier to casually grind arena and make up18k. Deals weren’t good enough to go all in but didn’t want to stagnate either.
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,615 ★★★★
    I have 23,000 units (Valiant) I’m rolling them over until November

The unit deals IMO are terrible. The cash Odin deals are ok. My 2c worth
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    You really don't need anyone else telling you if you should buy something or not. Look at the deals. If they're worth something TO YOU, then buy what you want/need.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

I have 23,000 units (Valiant) I’m rolling them over until November

The unit deals IMO are terrible. The cash Odin deals are ok. My 2c worth

Its tough becaus tiers 1-3 are terrible but tier 4 and tier 8 are very beneficial for BGs and account progression overall. I'm just wondering how good Cyber will be compared to this
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,309 ★★★★★
    Bet everything on banquet. Rngesus ftw!
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,703 ★★★★★
    This event actually heavily rewards spenders since the main rewards are locked behind the unit deals. The progressive offers are ok at best but not worth close to 36k
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 167

I had around 46k units and went ahead and ran the unit deals. The value in the lower deals wasn't quite what I expected, but I play arena specifically for these chances to buff up my acct.

I often don't do all the top content that comes along, meaning no Necro exploration or maxing pts on Sorrow this time or last. I feel always hitting the unit sales keeps my acct chugging along.

The second reason is champ selectors and Nexus crystals. It can be hard to pull champs you want with RNG, especially with low or no spending, so picking up Bullseye, Onslaught, Chavez and duping a couple of my R3s is hard to pass up.

Plus as already mentioned, an arena grinder can make up another 36k plus in time for Cyber sales fairly easily. I agree that 36k as the new normal low-key sux. Feels like inflation, because we're def not getting twice the previous value imo. Two spends of 15k (30k total) would feel less like a kick in da nuts, but this is Kabam, so we just have to wear a cup and stay in da game.

Fully agree I always look for the champion selector as it is a guaranteed champion if I’m looking for one. RNG can be very frustrating and demotivating if you are looking to spin hoping to a specific champion.