BG Matchmaking Issues on New F2P Account

Priyansh7Priyansh7 Member Posts: 446 ★★
Hi everyone,

I know Kabam has addressed the matchmaking issue in BGs, but I still want to share my experience to better understand what's happening. I have a main Paragon account (also F2P) where matchmaking isn't that big of an issue considering that I have a decently strong roster, but I recently created a new F2P account to try and climb up the progression as quickly as I can. I was lucky to get Cavalier within 13 days after creating this alternate account.

However, the BG matchups I'm getting are absolutely horrendous, considering that my top champion is a 7* r1 Colossus with a PI of 13k.

Here is a picture of my deck (I'm in Silver III at the moment):

I understand that my deck is ranked way too low to compete against these players. The issue is that I'm getting matchups where even the lowest PI champion in their deck is still 18k - 20k, and their top champion has a PI of 30k.

Here is a sample of the last deck I got matched up against:

My question to Kabam and the community is, "How am I possibly supposed to even think about competing against such an insanely powerful roster in BGs?"

I may have missed the whole point of BGs and apologize if I'm mistaken, but I think that this is not a fair matchup. Competing against similarly ranked champions with roughly the same PI should be the criteria for matchmaking.

Please share your insights and let me know what you think in the comments below. I'd appreciate it. I'm just a little confused about what's happening with the current BG meta, while acknowledging the fact that Kabam has now removed account strength as one of the matchmaking parameters.

Best,
An OG player (since 2014).

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    edited June 30
    Anyone with
    r3 sunspost
    R2 hulk
    R2 Onslaught

Refusing to move up from silver-3 after 2nd week of BG is doing it deliberately. This is something Kabam needs to look at.
    No excuses.

Thanks for blurring your own name out tho 😃
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Anyone with
    r3 sunspost
    R2 hulk
    R2 Onslaught

Refusing to move up from silver-3 after 2nd week of BG is doing it deliberately. This is something Kabam needs to look at.
    No excuses.

Thanks for blurring your own name out tho 😃

Rubbish. More likely they just don't play much, coz they are like lots of players who just don't like the mode.
    It would be super hard to stay in Silver 3 considering all the low level accounts constantly forfeiting against the strong ones.