Why aren't July champs revealed yet

HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 253 ★★
It's July already, when can we know who are entering the contest this month.

Comments

• Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 584 ★★★
    Isnt beta ray bill also rumoured or are we not sure when that is happening?
  • Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★
    edited July 2

Leader and Patriot. We’ve known for weeks.

Leaks are not always accurate. Only Leader has been confirmed as of now. It likely is Patriot but I wouldn't be 100% sure until its actually confirmed by Kabam themselves.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,415 ★★★★★
    I believe it's Leader, who was teased weeks ago, and another champ, probably Patriot (Eli Bradley) or another champ
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★
    Shock29 said:

Leaks are not always accurate. Only Leader has been confirmed as of now. It likely is Patriot but I wouldn't be 100% sure until its actually confirmed by Kabam themselves.
    When was the last time a new champ leaked was incorrect? 3 years? It’s Leader and Patriot man.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,308 ★★★★
    So that's 1 more Young Avenger.

And still 0 Runaways.

Oh well lol.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★
    We will get them shown this friday
  • Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★

Shock29 said:

When was the last time a new champ leaked was incorrect? 3 years? It’s Leader and Patriot man.
    Earlier this year, a leak had revealed that February would include Iron Spider. Another leak showed Kingpin and others as being new 7 star champions. They haven’t come to the game yet.

Leaks are generally pretty reliable but they are not always correct.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

Patriot looks like comics Soldier Boy wtf is that, is he about to wet his pants too? That design looks so meh 🤣
    I just hope he hits hard but yeah you’re right lmao
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,417 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

Patriot looks like comics Soldier Boy wtf is that, is he about to wet his pants too? That design looks so meh 🤣
    Welp, based on that r3 Leader gameplay where he was landing 5k crits I'm not really expecting anything good lol. Leader already looks like a complete noodle who will only be good for regen heavy matchups.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,387 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

I'm ngl, Patriot's gotta be the most aura-less champ I've ever laid eyes on. Dude's got no sauce. Looks like a parody character straight out of the boys.
    I mean, you kind of just perfectly described the least interesting Young Avenger lol.
    That's why he'll be OP like if Hercules and Kate got their Potara earring fusion on.
    So we are getting Soldier Boy in Mcoc?

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

Welp, based on that r3 Leader gameplay where he was landing 5k crits I'm not really expecting anything good lol. Leader already looks like a complete noodle who will only be good for regen heavy matchups.
    I won’t take early gameplay too seriously but really? Do you have the link? Hopefully that’s just basics and he has a way to boost them

I hope not on leader too. Seriously, if Kabam makes him that niche, that’ll suck big time. I can’t think of the last time I was like “yeah, I really need regen reversal” as if that’s still some sort of hot commodity needed to counter defenders.
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

I won’t take early gameplay too seriously but really? Do you have the link? Hopefully that’s just basics and he has a way to boost them

I hope not on leader too. Seriously, if Kabam makes him that niche, that’ll suck big time. I can’t think of the last time I was like “yeah, I really need regen reversal” as if that’s still some sort of hot commodity needed to counter defenders.
    Yep take a look, 6k crits as a r3 7*, absolutely pathetic
    https://youtu.be/SslkXAagtoQ?si=DBzq55GXz_uYh2Xe
    He does however have what seems to be the strongest heal reversal in the entire game and then I also see a bunch of protections which might make him a decent defender but damagewise, if there isn't any regen for him to reverse he looks like a complete noodle.
    There is a green passive under the defender's healthbar though no idea what it is but if he can apply regen effects to the defenders and then reverse them then maybe he won't be that bad but I don't know we'll find out soon enough. Just not impressed by the bit we've seen so far.

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

He does however have what seems to be the strongest heal reversal in the entire game and then I also see a bunch of protections which might make him a decent defender but damagewise, if there isn't any regen for him to reverse he looks like a complete noodle.
    There is a green passive under the defender's healthbar though no idea what it is but if he can apply regen effects to the defenders and then reverse them then maybe he won't be that bad but I don't know we'll find out soon enough. Just not impressed by the bit we've seen so far.
    Yeah we’ll see. Hopefully there’s more to him and I’m sure there will be

Patriot could also be a hard hitter so here’s hoping
    edited July 2

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

@Emilia90 They didn’t use the special attacks, those were basic hits. We have no idea what the specials look like yet. I’m predicting the specials are the main source of his damage
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

@Emilia90 They didn’t use the special attacks, those were basic hits. We have no idea what the specials look like yet
    Yes but his main source of damage clearly seems to be heal reversal, look at the amount of spectre debuffs on Wolverine.
    Of course I'm not saying he's definitely going to be trash, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up cause mid has been the trend this year and based on that initial gameplay damage looks mid indeed.
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

Yeah we’ll see. Hopefully there’s more to him and I’m sure there will be

Patriot could also be a hard hitter so here’s hoping
    I don't know about that, I'm just not getting my hopes up and expecting more cause this has been the trend this year so far. Can't be disappointed if you expected garbage in the first place lol.

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

@Emilia90 They didn’t use the special attacks, those were basic hits. We have no idea what the specials look like yet
    Yes but his main source of damage clearly seems to be heal reversal, look at the amount of spectre debuffs on Wolverine.
    Of course I'm not saying he's definitely going to be trash, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up cause mid has been the trend this year and based on that initial gameplay damage looks mid indeed.
    Also it looks like he has that green passive which may grant them regeneration but the spectre debuffs reverse it.
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Happy now?

Also it looks like he has that green passive which may grant them regeneration but the spectre debuffs reverse it.
    We don't know that, that's pure speculation on my part lol even if it was though I doubt it'll be a huge regen, they clearly don't want any nukes this year.