So what is the point of this GC meta?

Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
This is just total random nonsense. I win because I get lucky with effects. I lose because I didn’t. This is… fun?

Was just fighting Fam with R2 Gamora… he throws an Sp1. Fine, except my eye catches my health bar depleting to an automatic L because I am bleeding and on top it he drew unblockable.

Might as well go play a slot machine app.

Comments

• smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    But you don’t have to do anything for random. It’s set and forget, then let the chips fall where they may.

Lazy.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    I can't wait to delve into GC tomorrow.... that is also sarcasm..

Just hit GC earlier, did one match and that went well, but since I still have elder marks to use before next season (still sitting near 8k, it's ridiculous) and I do love my trophy tokens, I'll be doing at least 1 win and 3 matches every couple days.

The fact everything is so random is ridiculous. Luck like this shouldn't have a place in bg's at all. Ever.

Just hit GC earlier, did one match and that went well, but since I still have elder marks to use before next season (still sitting near 8k, it's ridiculous) and I do love my trophy tokens, I'll be doing at least 1 win and 3 matches every couple days.

The fact everything is so random is ridiculous. Luck like this shouldn't have a place in bg's at all. Ever.

But your opponent is experiencing the same thing. It’s level, but not equal.

Let’s see what they say.
  • CsuttonCsutton Member Posts: 224 ★★
    Yeah this meta is complete and total garbage. Just had a km fight, he started unblockable. Got to sp1 clean only to have crush placed on me lol
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

But your opponent is experiencing the same thing. It’s level, but not equal.

Let’s see what they say.
    Regardless, the randomness is still stupid.
  • CsuttonCsutton Member Posts: 224 ★★
    Wait til you fight an Elsa and you start with
    smdam38 said:

But you don’t have to do anything for random. It’s set and forget, then let the chips fall where they may.

Lazy.

That is literally the most unintelligent thing I’ve heard about this meta. It’s a competitive game mode lol… not to mention, it’s not the essence of this game at all. This game is about quite champs, build skills and rank the right ones for you… 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

That's the GC meta in a nutshell, I've only seen one person argue that the meta is good so far so trust me you're not alone. I'm pretty sure 90% of the playerbase absolutely despised this meta.
    RNG should never be this detrimental in a fight, drafting is already random enough we don't need more randomness on top of that it's frustrating and boring.

I like rich get richer but everything else is so trash. I wish it was a random buff for each champ and stuff like unblockable wasn’t possible. That would encourage you to bring a champ with buffs while also being fun
    Yeah I don't mind rich get richer it's just the crush and unblockable that make this meta so unbearable. Some defenders like Serpent Photon and Bullseye are already a nightmare with rich get richer, you throw in that one debuff and that one buff and you just turn this whole thing into a RNG fiesta where your fate is just pretty much sealed if you get back luck at the worst times.
    edited July 7

That's the GC meta in a nutshell, I've only seen one person argue that the meta is good so far so trust me you're not alone. I'm pretty sure 90% of the playerbase absolutely despised this meta.
    RNG should never be this detrimental in a fight, drafting is already random enough we don't need more randomness on top of that it's frustrating and boring.

I said I liked it. Was that me?

It was only because I can easily get one win and then ignore BG for two days.
    Oh nah that was someone else lmao all pre buff Sinister enjoyers are forgiven.
    I went to the almost of ranking the 6* Guardian.
    I’ll wait for the free 7*
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    WHERE IS THE CLARITY+HOUSEOFMIRRORS gc meta? I'm sure it will be 100 times better than this rng ****.

Honestly tho, anyone remember chaos node all over act 4? It was really enjoyable, But for pvp content, Rng nodes suck. Imagine someone in celestial losing cuz he got a bullseye throwing a unblockable special cuz rNg.
    Csutton said:

Wait til you fight an Elsa and you start with

smdam38 said:

Lazy.

That is literally the most unintelligent thing I’ve heard about this meta. It’s a competitive game mode lol… not to mention, it’s not the essence of this game at all. This game is about quite champs, build skills and rank the right ones for you… 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Buddy, you're replying to someone who thinks Herc isn't broken. I can assure you this isn't the most unintelligent thing that person has said, in fact I think this is progress 💀
    But herc isn’t broken.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    edited July 7
    I just reached GC,
    Got unblockable buff, zooped through the fight 🤣

Kabam loves randomness, just like they love putting random uncollected items in 300 units Banquet crystals for Valaints or attaching Paragon with Cavs in July-4