**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Blackheart: Ability Kit Concept

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Posts: 253
edited July 12 in General Discussion
I was recently combing through the Character Wishlist Thread and saw a lot of requests for Blackheart. After researching thoroughly, reading a couple comics and working out timings, I have created a concept kit for this champion. I thought he might remind you a little bit of Dragon Man when I gave it a last revision. Let me be honest, for someone who is basically the prince of Hell, his kit is pretty decently made. I think I closed all loopholes this time.

Class: Mystic

Abilities:

Passive:
Blackheart’s demon physiology makes him immune to all human diseases and infections. He is therefore immune to all Poisons of the Battlerealm. Born of hellfire, he is immune to all forms of Incinerate, Frostbite, Coldsnap and Plasma. Blackheart has demonstrated the power to control millions of minds at once while in Hell, and shows immunity to Infuriate and Intimidate debuffs. As a defender, Blackheart is aggressive and excels at dash and heavy attacks.

Neutralise:
Landing a medium attack inflicts a passive Neutralise on the opponent for 3 seconds. Against Cosmic champions, this is 4 seconds.
If a Buff fails to activate due to Blackheart’s personal Neutralise, he activates a non-stacking Power gain passive granting 33% of max power over 6 seconds. While this power gain is active, Offensive Combat Power Rate is reduced by -50%.

Basic Attacks
All of Blackheart’s basic attacks have a 50% chance to inflict an Incinerate Debuff on the opponent for 14 seconds. (Max. Stacks 50)

Undeniable
Charging a Heavy Attack for a duration of 0.9 seconds during an opponent’s Special Attack grants Blackheart an Undeniable Charge. During Undeniable, Blackheart is passively Unstoppable and Unblockable, and all incoming damage is reduced by 75%.
During Undeniable, dashing in while the opponent’s special attack is active disables the special attack and grants Blackheart the no. of bars of power consumed by the opponent’s special attack.
This ability has a 45 second cooldown.
(For example, if say an opponent launches an SP2, charge heavy attack and dash in as soon as Undeniable activates to gain 2 bars to power and stop the opponent’s special attack)

Special Attack 1:
Refreshes the duration of all active Incinerates and increases damage by +100% for the duration of the special attack.

Special Attack 2:
The last successful hit of this attack grants an Unstoppable Buff for 10 seconds. This ability has a 40 second cooldown. During the duration of this Unstoppable, Offensive Combat Power Rate is increased by +200%.
Relic: If a relic is active on Blackheart, all dash attacks during the duration of the Unstoppable are Passively Unblockable.

Special Attack 3:
Attack rating is increased by +2% for every Incinerate active on the opponent. In Battlegrounds, this is +5%. Inflicts a Fate Seal Passive for 20 seconds on the opponent. All Incinerates are consumed, converted into Passives of +50% potency for 15 seconds. While Passive Incinerates are active, each basic hit deals a burst of damage scaling with the number of Passive Incinerates active.

Signature Ability: H’elian Mirror Cauldron
Born of the Lord of Hell, Blackheart is granted immunity to Death. If he is to be knocked down by a Basic Hit or a Damaging Debuff, Blackheart grants an Immortality Passive for <5-10> seconds. While this Immortality is active, he is Debuff Immune, Passively Unblockable and reflects incoming damage onto his opponent.
Using the Mirror Cauldron, Blackheart creates antitheses of all Buffs that activate, or have been nullified by his personal Neutralise or Fate Seal effects. These debuffs are of similar duration to the Buffs that would have been activated:
Armour Up – Armour Break, Aptitude – Ineptitude, Fury – Debilitate, Stun Immune – Stun Vulnerability, Vigilance – Falter, Physical Resist – Physical Vulnerability, Energy Resist – Energy Vulnerability, Unstoppable – Slow, Prowess – Fatigue, Unblockable – Steadfast (gained by Blackheart), Precision – Concussion, Cruelty - Weakness

Rotation:
• Build Incinerates by basic combos and sp1 spam. (Note: Don’t worry about Power Gain. It just helps you along a little bit)
• Build sp2 and launch as per health pool
• As soon as sp2 is over, dash in (relic preferrable). 2 combos would gain sp3.
• Launch sp3 to deal burst
• If the opponent is passive, bait a special to get your desired special attack by Undeniable. To get to sp2, make sure you are under 1 bar of power and activate during opponent’s sp2.

Once again, I shall repeat, ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DEROGATORY REMARKS. THIS IS THE USE OF MY BRAIN AND MY BRAIN ONLY. EVERY IDEA IS UNIQUE.
PS. The only reason I post in General "Discussion" is so that the entire community can actually "discuss" these champions.

Comments

• NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,821 ★★★★
    This is actually a good write up
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,648 ★★★★★
    edited July 12
    The only thing that is a bit overturned is the undeniable (damage reduction and literally being able to stop a special) and the debuff immunity while immortal
  • IamnikeIamnike Posts: 265 ★★
    As a hug MvC2 fan, BlackHeart is my most wanted champ.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 4,863 ★★★★★
    I want this guy for October
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Posts: 253
    @13579rebel_ undeniable is just a new tactic. I can reduce the damage reduction, but this is kinda a good new tactic imo. As for debuff immunity during immortal, he wont get damaged anyway, and you cant stun him because he's unblockable.
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Posts: 253
    @EdisonLaw I actually have another champion in the works that would work well for the Halloween event. Coming out shortly!