This late in the game, should I still put resources into ranking 5*s?

User123456789User123456789 Member Posts: 43
edited July 22 in General Discussion
Idk if it’s worth it, but some 5* champs I have are Tigra, Galan, duped kilmonger, duped omega red, the serpent, and spot.

Should I just be focusing on 6*s?

These are my best champs.

Comments

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,017 ★★★★★
    The question is, what will that 5* do for you that a 6* will not?

Where are you at in the game's story progression?
    How reliably are you getting 6* shards?
    Does that champion need to be high/max sig?

Ideally you want to be focussing on 6*s but some of those above questions can push you to a 5* as a short-term progression measure.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    No
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    It's always easier to Max Sig and Rank a 5*, so it really depends on your needs. I Rank everything eventually. When I'm not working on higher Champs, I do lower ones for Events and things. You never know when some piece of content will come up to use them.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,103 ★★★★★
    edited July 22
    I only rank using gems, same thing with 6 stars
  • User123456789User123456789 Member Posts: 43

Where are you at in the game's story progression?
    How reliably are you getting 6* shards?
    Does that champion need to be high/max sig?

First, this is a great response thank you. Second, I just got cav and fully explored act 5 in the past week and have not pushed further into act 6. Third, I have 20 6*s and am getting multiple a week at this point. (My guess would be around 4)
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,017 ★★★★★
    Nice work on the progress, keep going!

Act 6 is arguably the worst one overall - it's much harder and longer than before, with some very tough nodes; the Champion and Grandmaster boss fights are both very difficult, and honestly the rewards aren't great.

BUT - Thronebreaker is a big progression boost and once you get past it into Act 7 it gets much more fun again :smile:

To that end, it does sound like you're better off focussing on your 6* now, with only the odd exception of a 5* that needs high/max sig and will be clearly better for some specific content in front of you.

Good luck!
  • User123456789User123456789 Member Posts: 43
    Thank you and thanks for the advice! One last question - are there any champs that come to mind for 5*s that need max/high sig and will be better for specific content? If not no worries
  • SkalamenkoSkalamenko Member Posts: 94

Thank you and thanks for the advice! One last question - are there any champs that come to mind for 5*s that need max/high sig and will be better for specific content? If not no worries

Hercules, but i see you already have him
  • houndogακιhoundogακι Member Posts: 251

A max sig Ronan is always useful in my opinion
    Last use 4 days ago in Sos

• SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    Congrats on getting Cav, it was a turning point for my account many years ago. Check up on act 6 fights as you need more specific champs (maybe more champs than 3 years ago). Rank up the god tier 6*.
    As for max sig champs - Ronan, Namor, Cap America Infinity War, Angela, Omega Red and Void.
    Champs you want to max sig sooner rather than later - Abs Man, Guardian, Diablo, Doom, Weapon X, Kitty Pride, Domino, Kingpin, Valkyrie, King Groot and Knull.