I wanna see the dislikes

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

Well to simply put it. The daily stuff we are collecting. That's cool. Keep those. If you want something. You gotta pay for it i.e. the sigil. You want more inventory cap, faster energy. Buy the sigil. If you want a daily event that removes certain things, cool buy it. 😎 don't just replace something that some people are okay with for something else. It throws things off
    The entire design of the DSE is to both update and simplify the outdated solo events. It’s an update and a QOL change. Should we now put regular store updates behind the sigil as well? Would you have preferred mastery loadouts to be locked behind the sigil? Maybe the “help all” button we’ve been wanting will come out and be sigil exclusive.

You cant just lock maintenance updates behind a paywall, they’re necessary for the game to survive. The sigil is meant to be a bonus, not some sort of “mcoc +” version of the game.

Not to mention the community would cause such an uproar, (proven by the reactions to your post) since we’ve already had a taste of how nice of a change it is. The amount of “this game is p2w” accusations would be crazy, and in this case I would actually agree with them.

I also just don’t see how your proposed change is better for the playerbase as opposed to just making it available for everyone lol.
    Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote. So we had this super event. They removed the weekly shards calender, removed the relic shards, removed the embers. So tell me how is that better? If they added those to the super thingy, then cool. That would be better but to remove things that others liked is something not good. If people want the daily event then paywall it to 5 dollars lol also did I even mention masteries? No. Don't put words in my mouth. Thanks. And of course my post title is "I wanna see dislikes lol"
    I understand it more so if your issue with the DSE was that it was missing some things we had before. I’d also like embers to be added, etc. but the sum total of what we’re gaining is much more than the sum total of what we’re losing. It’s a net positive, so yes it is better. The only time that statement becomes false is if you have some crazy luck with dailies, but even then that luck can’t last forever, and in the long run the DSE would again give more rewards.

Since you’d be fine with them adding in the missing items as a possible solution, why was that not your first proposition instead of locking it behind sigil? Asking for the missing items to be added is understandable, but wanting it to be behind a price tag is not.

I never said you mentioned masteries, I was just taking your logic and applying it other areas of the game to demonstrate why I think it’s incorrect.
    I only kind of said due to many are (complaining) about it ending lol. I wasn't complaining it ended. It was a trial and didn't like how certain things were removed. So if they are gonna remove certain things that some liked then paywall it tbh. Money keeps the game afloat too.
    I figured if you were annoyed about the missing items that your first thought would just be to ask for those items to be added to the event as it is. It’s the request for it to be behind the sigil that confuses me lol.

And yes exactly, money keeps the game afloat.
    So do you realize how much money they’d lose over people leaving the game over this? I’m all for kabam making smart money making decisions, the online store is a great example of this. But putting helpful changes designed for the whole playerbase behind a price tag is entering p2w territory.
    They never said it will replace or update the current system (although is needed). All they said was we are going to TEST a new system and in order to do so replace the current 22hr and 7hr events. It might come back permanently or not depending on some data check.
    See this is the problem, people get some things and put words in their mouths. Kinda like what happened with a gold/trade event. People saved for a whole year thinking it would be back the next and then got mad. This was JUST a test on a new event structure for now.
    I mean yea we have no guarantee that it’ll return, or in the same way if it does. But I wanst arguing on what Kabam is most likely to do, I was arguing that putting the super event behind sigil would be a bad idea.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,293 ★★★★★
    edited July 25

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

Well to simply put it. The daily stuff we are collecting. That's cool. Keep those. If you want something. You gotta pay for it i.e. the sigil. You want more inventory cap, faster energy. Buy the sigil. If you want a daily event that removes certain things, cool buy it. 😎 don't just replace something that some people are okay with for something else. It throws things off
    The entire design of the DSE is to both update and simplify the outdated solo events. It’s an update and a QOL change. Should we now put regular store updates behind the sigil as well? Would you have preferred mastery loadouts to be locked behind the sigil? Maybe the “help all” button we’ve been wanting will come out and be sigil exclusive.

You cant just lock maintenance updates behind a paywall, they’re necessary for the game to survive. The sigil is meant to be a bonus, not some sort of “mcoc +” version of the game.

Not to mention the community would cause such an uproar, (proven by the reactions to your post) since we’ve already had a taste of how nice of a change it is. The amount of “this game is p2w” accusations would be crazy, and in this case I would actually agree with them.

I also just don’t see how your proposed change is better for the playerbase as opposed to just making it available for everyone lol.
    Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote. So we had this super event. They removed the weekly shards calender, removed the relic shards, removed the embers. So tell me how is that better? If they added those to the super thingy, then cool. That would be better but to remove things that others liked is something not good. If people want the daily event then paywall it to 5 dollars lol also did I even mention masteries? No. Don't put words in my mouth. Thanks. And of course my post title is "I wanna see dislikes lol"
    I understand it more so if your issue with the DSE was that it was missing some things we had before. I’d also like embers to be added, etc. but the sum total of what we’re gaining is much more than the sum total of what we’re losing. It’s a net positive, so yes it is better. The only time that statement becomes false is if you have some crazy luck with dailies, but even then that luck can’t last forever, and in the long run the DSE would again give more rewards.

Since you’d be fine with them adding in the missing items as a possible solution, why was that not your first proposition instead of locking it behind sigil? Asking for the missing items to be added is understandable, but wanting it to be behind a price tag is not.

I never said you mentioned masteries, I was just taking your logic and applying it other areas of the game to demonstrate why I think it’s incorrect.
    I only kind of said due to many are (complaining) about it ending lol. I wasn't complaining it ended. It was a trial and didn't like how certain things were removed. So if they are gonna remove certain things that some liked then paywall it tbh. Money keeps the game afloat too.
    I figured if you were annoyed about the missing items that your first thought would just be to ask for those items to be added to the event as it is. It’s the request for it to be behind the sigil that confuses me lol.

So do you realize how much money they’d lose over people leaving the game over this? I’m all for kabam making smart money making decisions, the online store is a great example of this. But putting helpful changes designed for the whole playerbase behind a price tag is entering p2w territory.
    They never said it will replace or update the current system (although is needed). All they said was we are going to TEST a new system and in order to do so replace the current 22hr and 7hr events. It might come back permanently or not depending on some data check.
    See this is the problem, people get some things and put words in their mouths. Kinda like what happened with a gold/trade event. People saved for a whole year thinking it would be back the next and then got mad. This was JUST a test on a new event structure for now.
    I mean yea we have no guarantee that it’ll return, or in the same way if it does. But I wanst arguing on what Kabam is most likely to do, I was arguing that putting the super event behind sigil would be a bad idea.
    I am going to be honest, I still buy the sigil for storage and stuff, if i had the option to choose from super event or sigil i would buy the super
    event.
    Marketing strategy maybe.. first taste is free.

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

I am going to be honest, I still buy the sigil for storage and stuff, if i had the option to choose from super event or sigil i would buy the super
    event.
    I think most would make that same choice, but why not just advicate for both?

Maybe a marketing strategy, but if they went that route I think they’d lose more than they gain in the long run
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 337

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

I also didn't say put it behind the sigil. Sigil is good but maybe needs rework tbh. But what's 5 bucks for a month gonna hurt? If you want something. You gotta pay for it. Not everything comes free. Maybe 10 if you pay for the sigil too.

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.
    I agree. Once I get Scarlett. I might choose different. 5 bucks for the sigil or daily event. I'd be game. What's 5 bucks gonna hurt?

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

Maybe a marketing strategy, but if they went that route I think they’d lose more than they gain in the long run
    How? I mean the lose more than gain portion?
    Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

I also didn't say put it behind the sigil. Sigil is good but maybe needs rework tbh. But what's 5 bucks for a month gonna hurt? If you want something. You gotta pay for it. Not everything comes free. Maybe 10 if you pay for the sigil too.
    Ok yea that’s my mistake I somehow got the idea that you argued for it to be specifically behind the sigil rather than a separate deal. However it still doesn’t change any of my arguments.

$5 depending on someone’s financial situation could be quite a bit, you never know. There’s also many players that are ftp because they want to grind for their resources rather than pay for any of them. Look at Brian Grant for an example of that.

No, you have to work for it. If it was all paying there would be no content, just deal after deal.
    Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

I think if they put a price tag on the DSE that lot of people would be mad and leave, which means lower player counts, which means a less successful game, which means less money. Of course we have no way of knowing the actual amount they’d gain/lose, it’s just me guessing.

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

I think if they put a price tag on the DSE that lot of people would be mad and leave, which means lower player counts, which means a less successful game, which means less money. Of course we have no way of knowing the actual amount they’d gain/lose, it’s just me guessing.
    I understand what you mean, and I am not asking for it to be behind a paywall, myself as a worse case scenario between never having it back and paying for it, i would be willing to pay a reasonable ammount.
    Unfortunately the logic of if they sell it people will get mad, which is true, would mean that they can never test stuff. People will get mad regardless, don't forget the big drama over express arena in the sigil.

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

How is free play being less money? I would think more money keeps people employed or something. For example. At my job. If the job don't make money. No hours to give.

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

I understand what you mean, and I am not asking for it to be behind a paywall, myself as a worse case scenario between never having it back and paying for it, i would be willing to pay a reasonable ammount.
    Unfortunately the logic of if they sell it people will get mad, which is true, would mean that they can never test stuff. People will get mad regardless, don't forget the big drama over express arena in the sigil.
    I don’t think the issue would be them testing things, but rather them temporarily sticking a nice change in our faces then adding a price tag to it later.

And yea I do remember the express arena drama, and this drama would be 5x worse lol

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

Ok yea that’s my mistake I somehow got the idea that you argued for it to be specifically behind the sigil rather than a separate deal. However it still doesn’t change any of my arguments.

$5 depending on someone’s financial situation could be quite a bit, you never know. There’s also many players that are ftp because they want to grind for their resources rather than pay for any of them. Look at Brian Grant for an example of that.

No, you have to work for it. If it was all paying there would be no content, just deal after deal.
    Not necessarily. Look at some whalers and look at Brian. Brian hardly spends but you got others that do. Some tubers get paid off of us or donated funds. When those funds can be funded elsewhere. Glad we are getting somewhere. I was tired of seeing "bring dse back, it annoying. Tbh so I just recommend put it behind a pay wall

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

I don’t think the issue would be them testing things, but rather them temporarily sticking a nice change in our faces then adding a price tag to it later.

And yea I do remember the express arena drama, and this drama would be 5x worse lol
    This whole daily super event talk is worse. I'm ok with them adding a few things but taking away things is even worse. How else would I rack up paragon crystal shards if they take that away? Or relics?

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

So what should they do to test player engagement on new things? That's why I told you, first taste is free. Now they know a lot of people liked this event. It is a game and at the same time its a pro profit company, and most mobile games make a killing with micro buys.
    edited July 25

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

So what should they do to test player engagement on new things? That's why I told you, first taste is free. Now they know a lot of people liked this event. It is a game and at the same time its a pro profit company, and most mobile games make a killing with micro buys.
    I agree, I wonder if all the player base bought sigil, how much money would the company make?
    Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

Not necessarily. Look at some whalers and look at Brian. Brian hardly spends but you got others that do. Some tubers get paid off of us or donated funds. When those funds can be funded elsewhere. Glad we are getting somewhere. I was tired of seeing "bring dse back, it annoying. Tbh so I just recommend put it behind a pay wall
    I’m not at all against kabam making money, just not at the expense of ticking off the majority of the playerbase
    Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

I agree, I wonder if all the player base bought sigil, how much money would the company make?
    Probably not that much at the current state of it, its outdated, people just buy it out of comfort nowadays. They did say a future change is comming which makes me skeptical about picking Sigil Witch.

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

I’m not at all against kabam making money, just not at the expense of ticking off the majority of the playerbase
    It's a mobile game. Mobile games rely on money tbh. Again how will mobile companies get paid off of free things?

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

Probably not that much at the current state of it, its outdated, people just buy it out of comfort nowadays. They did say a future change is comming which makes me skeptical about picking Sigil Witch.
    True I just want her for a new champ. I'm really close tbh lol
    Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

It's a mobile game. Mobile games rely on money tbh. Again how will mobile companies get paid off of free things?
    They get indirectly paid off of free to play players who boost player counts and draw new potential customers.

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

event.

If they want to test certain deals, they can make those offers available and see how they perform, then use that data as needed.

Again, I’m only against them making profits, but they can easily do so without baiting half of the playerbase
    That is also true. Don't bait but don't remove things that others like
    People would be pissed regardless. Even if this event started as a payed event, free players would complain about not having a similar one for free.
    Look at the doble track, not a lot of people are happy about it either even if they get a ton of free stuff.

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

They get indirectly paid off of free to play players who boost player counts and draw new potential customers.
    This is interesting, potential customers, so this event that got a thumbs up by almost everyone should be a good chance to become a customer right?

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

This is interesting, potential customers, so this event that got a thumbs up by almost everyone should be a good chance to become a customer right?
    Like I said in an earlier post, I don’t know how much they’d gain/lose from making this a pay only event, I just argued they’d lose more in the long run by pissing off the playerbase

People would be pissed regardless. Even if this event started as a payed event, free players would complain about not having a similar one for free.
    Look at the doble track, not a lot of people are happy about it either even if they get a ton of free stuff.

Of course people will always complain, but to act like it shouldn’t be a consideration in decision making is unwise imo

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

Like I said in an earlier post, I don’t know how much they’d gain/lose from making this a pay only event, I just argued they’d lose more in the long run by pissing off the playerbase
    Yeah don't get me wrong, I am not trying to start an argument with you. I am just saying that if its an evaluation to see if some players are potential customers or not this event is perfect for it. Almost everyone loved it, the ammount of resources and units is pretty darn good. If someone is a potential spender of lets say 5 bucks a month, this is a really good deal.

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

Yeah don't get me wrong, I am not trying to start an argument with you. I am just saying that if its an evaluation to see if some players are potential customers or not this event is perfect for it. Almost everyone loved it, the ammount of resources and units is pretty darn good. If someone is a potential spender of lets say 5 bucks a month, this is a really good deal.
    No worries, I wasn’t thinking that at all.

And yea I don’t disagree with anything stated here, it’d be a great deal, but it’d also leave a pretty bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

And yea I don’t disagree with anything stated here, it’d be a great deal, but it’d also leave a pretty bad taste in a lot of people’s mouths
    I'll give you an example.
    For a long time in the states McD sold any sized sodas for 99cts for a long time, for a period they stopped (cost of cups went up, syrup went up), people got mad. Did they stop drinking sodas? No... Now its back at 1.49 people don't drink less or more because its back either.

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

For a long time in the states McD sold any sized sodas for 99cts for a long time, for a period they stopped (cost of cups went up, syrup went up), people got mad. Did they stop drinking sodas? No... Now its back at 1.49 people don't drink less or more because its back either.
    I think I get the point. But even if people do stick around anyway, it’s still not a great idea to get players annoyed. There’s enough frustration around things like ai & inputs that for many, something like this could be the last straw.

Microtransactions as you mentioned earlier would be a great way to increase profits, but make those transactions something else, not something the playerbase has been exposed to for free already.
    edited July 26

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

Dorky said:

So ummm, why?

I think I get the point. But even if people do stick around anyway, it’s still not a great idea to get players annoyed. There’s enough frustration around things like ai & inputs that for many, something like this could be the last straw.

Microtransactions as you mentioned earlier would be a great way to increase profits, but make those transactions something else, not something the playerbase has been exposed to for free already.
    I played this game since the beginning with 1 break in the middle, if they are hurting financially they gotta find something new to sell other than champions and crystals, and in my opinion it has to be something that engages gameplay at the same time and not just log in everyday.
    They already have a mediocre sigil, a unit card, some monthly cards. Selling a daily event pass would not be that crazy, other games have done it. The only difference of exposure is that most games offer you a free test pass which this event would qualify as one. I believe when you start a new account you get a free trial at the sigil, it was free then you pay. Wouldn't be that much different.