Better Dual Use Champ - Hulk or Pig?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,287 ★★★★★
Both are easy defenders against most skill attackers, but against non skill champs Hulk has the unstoppable and inequity to stall and pig has the evade/power stings so both seem to be pretty even defense wise.

Who's more of a nuke in BGs and who can take on more matchups?

Better Dual Use Champ - Hulk or Pig? 58 votes

Hulk
10%
Trafalgarwar96ChikelCap_MuricaResternboy32Toproller89MethodMan69 6 votes
Spider Ham
89%
zuffyBigTuna_2054phillgreenMhd20034ThatGuyYouSaw235FunkFydaneKisHinTheAngryOnesxlbstverliebtJustcause102RiasGremoryLordSmasherCloudVIIStrifeGodfatherspiecaptain_rogersItsClobberinTimeBen_15455AzenstarIoniqus_797 52 votes

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,901 ★★★★★
    Spider Ham
    I don't think anyone facing hulk said, "ahh man unstoppable."
    But if you face pig and he decides to EVADE 3 times in row, hit you with unblockable sp2, 1 power sting and that's a big stall in BG also.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,471 ★★★★★
    Spider Ham
    Hulk's unstoppable can easily be managed with planning. Spam is a tactic defender this seaspn as well
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 3,311 ★★★★★
    edited July 27
    Spider Ham
    I have to give this to pig but the people talking about his unstoppable don’t understand that it isn’t his primary defensive mechanic. He can catch you with it (rarely) but 3/3 inequity is what does you in if you can’t get him down fast enough and if his fury rng is particularly good, your attack rating will be so lowered (plus hulk is bulky) and you’ll be hitting him for barely anything. It’s happened to me a lot

Also for attack, I have to give it to hulk by a little. One of the best onslaught counters and he takes on a lot of other matches (though him and piggy have pretty even matchups). Pig with excellent power sting rng is definitely faster in some instances but they’re both fantastic for different things. Neither are good for Serpent/Bullseye/Photon though but that’s to be expected
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,287 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I have to give this to pig but the people talking about his unstoppable don’t understand that it isn’t his primary defensive mechanic. He can catch you with it (rarely) but 3/3 inequity is what does you in if you can’t get him down fast enough and if his fury rng is particularly good, your attack rating will be so lowered (plus hulk is bulky) and you’ll be hitting him for barely anything. It’s happened to me a lot

Also for attack, I have to give it to hulk by a little. One of the best onslaught counters and he takes on a lot of other matches (though him and piggy have pretty even matchups). Pig with excellent power sting rng is definitely faster in some instances but they’re both fantastic for different things. Neither are good for Serpent/Bullseye/Photon though but that’s to be expected

I had a feeling people would overlook the Inequity stall. I feel like spam on the other hand would be super squishy. But i guess you can take hulk with more non-class advantage champs than you can pig.
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 548 ★★★
    Spider Ham
    Ham is better on offense while providing very good defense to back all hulk does for defense is stall while hams got an annoying evade to deal with
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 5,269 ★★★★★
    Spider Ham
    I think it depends, if Ham is awakened definitely Ham, if Ham's not awakened and you have maxed Inequity though I'd argue Hulk is a bit better. I've done r3 unawakened Hams even with class disadvantage with zero issues, Ham's only really a threat when he's awakened for me at least.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,287 ★★★★★

I think it depends, if Ham is awakened definitely Ham, if Ham's not awakened and you have maxed Inequity though I'd argue Hulk is a bit better. I've done r3 unawakened Hams even with class disadvantage with zero issues, Ham's only really a threat when he's awakened for me at least.

Yeah both awakened and max ineq