To those complaining about bg matchmaking

Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 414 ★★★

Faced accounts like these ( somewhat less 7* r3s but whatever ) about 10-15 times in my run from diamond 5 to gladiator circuit

took the L, moved on and got to GC ( didn't even use the victory shields this and last season )

for reference i have 3 7* r3s and 10 6* r5 ascended champs ( don't have onslaught or bullseye or photon or serpent either as 6* or 7* )

so understand the format of BGs as competition and don't make threads just because u got your butt kicked a few times...

git GOOD

Comments

• IronAvengerIronAvenger Member Posts: 376 ★★
    I must be getting lucky or something, but for the first time in my BG "career" I achieved 12 wins in a row and am now in Plat II. I'm not a huge BG grinder AT ALL, so maybe I "understand the format" now or I'm "git"ting GOOD?!
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 856 ★★★
    How does one GET 16 r3s?
  • IronAvengerIronAvenger Member Posts: 376 ★★

How does one GET 16 r3s?

I know right. I've only got eight 7-stars TOTAL. None at Rank 2. :p
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    Wow your roster is stacked I only have 3 rank 3s 😭😭😭
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 414 ★★★

Wow your roster is stacked I only have 3 rank 3s 😭😭😭

that's not my roster it's my opponent

I only got 3 7* r3s as well 😂
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,085 ★★★★★
    I'm not the type to quit but If I see someone like this on bgs that's it I'm quitting the round.

I mean, every other match for this guy on his way to gc resulted in opponent quitting at ban screen lmao
  • Cuber2906Cuber2906 Member Posts: 134
    sometimes if ur account is very weak compared to those with 10+ r3s, they just forfeit. It makes sense cuz whats the fun in fighting my 6* r2 defenders with the 7* r3s they got.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★
    I have messed up matches against smaller rosters - either just messed up rotations, bad draft strategy, or got caught with a mechanic I forgot about. And I have occasionally beat huge accounts and I can only guess they did the same thing.

It happens. The mistake is to believe getting wrecked quickly by an account better than yours means you suck. No, if they play well.. you will lose. That’s the part you just have to accept which I have to remind myself to of sometimes.

(I also stay in better frame of mind if I turn off emotes. )
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 414 ★★★

It might seem counter-intuitive, but sometimes these are easier matches than a "normal" Valiant.

Just because someone has the bigger roster, doesn't mean they have the skills to properly use it. Some spend to make up for their lack of skill. In those cases, the match isn't actually too hard, because they screw themselves up in drafting and selecting or mess up during their fight

sometimes that really is the case some big accounts can lose to small accounts if the draft is poor or they lack skill

this particular one was from one of the top alliances so they had the skill as well
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    So you kinda complained in disguise, well played.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 360 ★★★

I'm not the type to quit but If I see someone like this on bgs that's it I'm quitting the round.

I mean, every other match for this guy on his way to gc resulted in opponent quitting at ban screen lmao

I'll waste both our times and just let the time clocks decide my teams and who you're facing. Might even hit the pause button to wait a total of 109 seconds for the match even if I'm sure I'm going to lose. 70 percent of the time that level of petty results in a forfeit by the player with the better roster.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    While last season there was reason for larger rosters to move up the ranks with some speed (lots of extra wins needed for gladiator circuit, more rewards, and a better meta)... none of that is there now.

I am one of those rosters that looks very similar to the one OP posted... and I "do" 3 matches every 2 days... where half have been forfeits so far.

I do not sandbag, I do not intentionally lose... but the game rewards me more for doing 3 matches every 2 days, and that's what I plan to do.

To any small rosters out there that match up against me... sorry. I've definately been outplayed / outdrafted in the past, Believe it or not... even with a roster like the one pictured... I too get matched against even bigger rosters... but at least this season... I'm seeing my R3 7 stars going up against R3 6 stars... and that really isn't fair.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★
    This post would have been better if it would have been "To those complaining about matchmaking......... Stop".
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★

While last season there was reason for larger rosters to move up the ranks with some speed (lots of extra wins needed for gladiator circuit, more rewards, and a better meta)... none of that is there now.

I am one of those rosters that looks very similar to the one OP posted... and I "do" 3 matches every 2 days... where half have been forfeits so far.

I do not sandbag, I do not intentionally lose... but the game rewards me more for doing 3 matches every 2 days, and that's what I plan to do.

To any small rosters out there that match up against me... sorry. I've definately been outplayed / outdrafted in the past, Believe it or not... even with a roster like the one pictured... I too get matched against even bigger rosters... but at least this season... I'm seeing my R3 7 stars going up against R3 6 stars... and that really isn't fair.

I'm in the same boat. IIRC I have 13 at r3 but typically don't push more than the needed 3 wins every 2 days as there is no real incentive to push as I'm not in an ally that pushes BGs.
  • CesarSV7CesarSV7 Member Posts: 66
    Wolf911 said:

Faced accounts like these ( somewhat less 7* r3s but whatever ) about 10-15 times in my run from diamond 5 to gladiator circuit

took the L, moved on and got to GC ( didn't even use the victory shields this and last season )

for reference i have 3 7* r3s and 10 6* r5 ascended champs ( don't have onslaught or bullseye or photon or serpent either as 6* or 7* )

so understand the format of BGs as competition and don't make threads just because u got your butt kicked a few times...

git GOOD

What if this happens in GC top 200 players and they have skills as well as a huge roster? What would you do then?
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    CesarSV7 said:

Wolf911 said:

git GOOD

What if this happens in GC top 200 players and they have skills as well as a huge roster? What would you do then?
    assuming you don't have better skills or get a lucky draft.... probably lose.

At some point, its a competitive mode, and not everyone can be #1.

Only difference between this and war... is if you start in bronze from scratch in this mode... you can actually make it to #1... where as in war... if you started from scratch in a stone alliance... you wouldn't up anywhere near to the top for at least 6 seasons.
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 583 ★★★

I have messed up matches against smaller rosters - either just messed up rotations, bad draft strategy, or got caught with a mechanic I forgot about. And I have occasionally beat huge accounts and I can only guess they did the same thing.

It happens. The mistake is to believe getting wrecked quickly by an account better than yours means you suck. No, if they play well.. you will lose. That’s the part you just have to accept which I have to remind myself to of sometimes.

(I also stay in better frame of mind if I turn off emotes. )

This is very good advice, but the last part… you can turn them off?!? Thanks for the knowledge bomb!

CesarSV7 said:

Wolf911 said:

git GOOD

assuming you don't have better skills or get a lucky draft.... probably lose.

At some point, its a competitive mode, and not everyone can be #1.

Only difference between this and war... is if you start in bronze from scratch in this mode... you can actually make it to #1... where as in war... if you started from scratch in a stone alliance... you wouldn't up anywhere near to the top for at least 6 seasons.
    Yeah true, I guess It does give you a chance sytem wise. AW and AQ or raids don't like you said even though you don't die and complete maps 100% 👍🏻
    @Wolf911 congrats on making GC bro, hope your push goes well this season.
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 454 ★★★
    Don't really wanna open this can of worms, but I don't see how people can argue AGAINST "pay to win" for this game. In modes where rosters matter, of course being stacked with 7R3, while most people only have 3-5, is going to give you a better chance of winning.

I mean, at the end of the day, it's whatever. Most mobile games have pay to win features , by nature (otherwise they wouldn't be free on app stores). But how anyone can look at the two and say "you would have a similar roster if you got better" or "you could have that if you buckled down and grinder", is simply disingenuous.

In any case, on topic of the post, yeah, taking the L is really all you can do. Unless it's the rare whale that doesn't have any skill at all, then you stand a chance.
  • KTPrimalKTPrimal Member Posts: 121

Don't really wanna open this can of worms, but I don't see how people can argue AGAINST "pay to win" for this game. In modes where rosters matter, of course being stacked with 7R3, while most people only have 3-5, is going to give you a better chance of winning.

I mean, at the end of the day, it's whatever. Most mobile games have pay to win features , by nature (otherwise they wouldn't be free on app stores). But how anyone can look at the two and say "you would have a similar roster if you got better" or "you could have that if you buckled down and grinder", is simply disingenuous.

In any case, on topic of the post, yeah, taking the L is really all you can do. Unless it's the rare whale that doesn't have any skill at all, then you stand a chance.

Probably coping. Like how BGs is described as a competive pvp mode when its no different from the other modes. Only thing pvp is the draft.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    How boring would the game be with 16 7* r3s?