Dust and Ironheart Rebalance

1235»

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Yeah sadly this went as expected IMO the rebalancing team for new champs seems to be headed for the same destination as the balance team for old champs. More and more these updates seem to result in “we did a good job, nothing to change”. It’s almost a copy and paste. On to the next one I guess…

If neither Destroyer nor Serpent gets significant changes though I think we can call Time of Death on the rebalance program ☠️

Might as well start lighting up those memorial candles then cause Destroyer is not getting buffed lol if he did it would actually piss me off even more cause Ironheart needed it more than Destroyer. Destroyer already has insane damage output and it's 100% consistent unlike Ironheart's, only problem is he's too slow.
    Serpent will probably get some minor nerf like Bullseye but that's it, he'll still be annoying and busted on defense.
    Destroyer buff would be the plot twist of the century
    Probably wouldn't be canon still lol.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    Enchantress may be a counter to Serpent so there’s a chance he may be untouched
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Enchantress may be a counter to Serpent so there’s a chance he may be untouched

Even if she is they still tuned down bullseye after introducing NTW. I don’t think it’ll affect their decision.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,678 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Absolutely wild to me that she's not getting a slight buff when her damage is just not quite there. I've had fights where I go sp1 sp2 and because I got **** armor RNG I have to go for another sp1 to close out the fight, she's so slow sometimes it's not even funny.
    What's ticking me off however is the "we're also happy with what we're seeing from her as a defender"... Where on Earth are they getting this data from the depths of Bronze 3?

After this, I'm not even gonna hold on my breath on Sable, they obviously want mid to be mid, they don't care.

Nah Ironheart is usable despite the lack of changes. Sable has nothing redeeming so I’d expect that they’ll cook with her
    They think Sable's damage is 4/5, and they also think Ironheart is a good defender... I'm just saying don't be surprised if they decide to leave her as is too cause it's entirely possible.
    Friendly reminder that these ratings (Sable's 4/5) are what the Champion's design intention is meant to be... not what the balance team thinks she currently is sitting at.

Additionally, Ironheart is not meant to be a defender ... hence why her defensive performance is checking all the right marks currently. That tidbit didn't mean that she was nuking through players on Defense at lower tiers.
    What marks is her defensive performance checking? 🤔

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Absolutely wild to me that she's not getting a slight buff when her damage is just not quite there. I've had fights where I go sp1 sp2 and because I got **** armor RNG I have to go for another sp1 to close out the fight, she's so slow sometimes it's not even funny.
    What's ticking me off however is the "we're also happy with what we're seeing from her as a defender"... Where on Earth are they getting this data from the depths of Bronze 3?

After this, I'm not even gonna hold on my breath on Sable, they obviously want mid to be mid, they don't care.

Nah Ironheart is usable despite the lack of changes. Sable has nothing redeeming so I’d expect that they’ll cook with her
    You're being a little too optimistic after this tbh. They think Sable's damage is 4/5, and they also think Ironheart is a good defender... I'm just saying don't be surprised if they decide to leave her as is too cause it's entirely possible.
    Fair enough I guess anything’s possible. I’d really
    like to see what data they’re going off of because it seems to be a load of nonsense
    Yeah I don't know how they got to the conclusion that she's decent on defense, nothing she has makes her a good defender, even that regen can't stall cause it's weak.
    They must be getting all the data from the Bronze squad I guess, that would explain a lot of things.
    Ironheart is not horrible on BGs defense, she's just not designed for defense like many others. Mine has been banned in every ranking in past metas, including Uru. Why? Who knows. Could have been an offensive reason or a defensive one. Players have their reasons for banning a champ. You should ask the forum if anyone has ever banned Ironheart and why? Maybe you'll get the data from there.

Emilia90 said:

They think Sable's damage is 4/5, and they also think Ironheart is a good defender... I'm just saying don't be surprised if they decide to leave her as is too cause it's entirely possible.
    Friendly reminder that these ratings (Sable's 4/5) are what the Champion's design intention is meant to be... not what the balance team thinks she currently is sitting at.

Additionally, Ironheart is not meant to be a defender ... hence why her defensive performance is checking all the right marks currently. That tidbit didn't mean that she was nuking through players on Defense at lower tiers.
    What marks is her defensive performance checking? 🤔

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

You're being a little too optimistic after this tbh. They think Sable's damage is 4/5, and they also think Ironheart is a good defender... I'm just saying don't be surprised if they decide to leave her as is too cause it's entirely possible.
    Fair enough I guess anything’s possible. I’d really
    like to see what data they’re going off of because it seems to be a load of nonsense
    Yeah I don't know how they got to the conclusion that she's decent on defense, nothing she has makes her a good defender, even that regen can't stall cause it's weak.
    They must be getting all the data from the Bronze squad I guess, that would explain a lot of things.
    Ironheart is not horrible on BGs defense, she's just not designed for defense like many others. Mine has been banned in every ranking in past metas, including Uru. Why? Who knows. Could have been an offensive reason or a defensive one. Players have their reasons for banning a champ. You should ask the forum if anyone has ever banned Ironheart and why? Maybe you'll get the data from there.

I have a r2 7* awakened Ironheart in my deck and she was in it last meta too, even with rich get richer she never got banned, not even once. Unless you have more ss of her getting banned I don't know what to say lol she's definitely a terrible defender though and if yours was getting banned it was probably just people trying to catch you off guard with Dust cause that's literally Ironheart's only purpose.
    Look at these sweet numbers from my r2 awakened 7* everyone! 221k damage in a single sp1-sp2 rotation:

221k for a r2 awakened 7* is definitely crazy damage and doesn't need a buff at all... in a world where a 7* r2 is meant to hit just as hard as r4 6* that is, not here.
    For context yes this is how garbage her damage is when armor RNG is really bad (which is basically most of the time since Kabam being Kabam left the chance to get armor on light attacks at 30%). Definitely dug my own grave with this one but that doesn't change the fact that the rebalance team was completely and utterly useless when they reviewed her data, and that's a hill I will die on lmao end of rant.
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 74
    as someone with a r3 dust, who constantly gets banned. I have barely seen a iron heart in bgs or even used to face dust.
    many of the champs released this year rarely appears in bg but it is what it is.

dusts attack use is very similar to storm but much slower but she can pack a punch when you need it
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 230 ★★

altavista said:

I will be furious if they touch serpent. He is decent at best at attack, So he needs all his defensive prowesses.

I think if they took away Serpent's giant hammer, more people would think he is decent/good on Attack. There is a huge cognitive dissonance to seeing someone attack with an anime-sized giant hammer and do a pitiful amount of damage. In contrast, the feel of Vox's scythe attacks and the damage it does meets expectations.

Tune up on offense and a tune down on defense would be warranted, I think.

I mean he is definitely great in offense outside bgs. Boy has a lot of utility, one special attack and you can completely bypass miss and evade. He is a ramp up champ so not the best in bgs.

Defensively he is little OP, But I don't want him to get nerfed (I have a r3 7* and pumped all my sigs on him).
    He is bad for game, balance program exists to buff bad champs and nerf op champs. He should be nerfed.

Emilia90 said:

I will be furious if they touch serpent. He is decent at best at attack, So he needs all his defensive prowesses.

I get it but I can’t rationalize leaving serpent as is on defense. His kill rate on defense is close to a 100% from what I’ve seen from other big players and my own experience. It’s not like bullseye where he trips people up, but there’s a lot of counters and I’ve also seen like 30 second takedowns of him with a few champs

I’m a huge DLL fan but Serpent is just such a mindblowingly stupid champ. Can’t dex when he has true focus, guaranteed block damage, immune to every power control other than steal I believe, damage reduction, power control reduction, long special attacks that make him further stall, insane power gain, cheat death, regen. Like who approved this? The more I think about him, the more frustrated I get

Instant burst reduction means you can’t really use hood or Ham effectively here, most power controllers are useless, most general champs are too slow or completely useless, and mystics are still unreliable or stalled. I think Chavez and Kush are his best counters and even they can be cooked by serpent because he’s just so annoying. Even if you play perfectly you get a guaranteed 7 second stall at the end and he can also fail neutralize
    I mean, We had the same sentiment when photon, onslaught and bullseye were released and now they all were "fair". Give a few months and every new mystic champ will start to hard counter serpent.

Also We haven't had any mystic champ since serpent release, that's why he have limited counters. I rather see more champs countering him instead of nerfing him.

I'm a little biased here tho as I ranked him up solely for defense
    Are you gonna take your statement back if the next mystic champ doesn't hard counters Serpent.
    Bendy said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I get it but I can’t rationalize leaving serpent as is on defense. His kill rate on defense is close to a 100% from what I’ve seen from other big players and my own experience. It’s not like bullseye where he trips people up, but there’s a lot of counters and I’ve also seen like 30 second takedowns of him with a few champs

I’m a huge DLL fan but Serpent is just such a mindblowingly stupid champ. Can’t dex when he has true focus, guaranteed block damage, immune to every power control other than steal I believe, damage reduction, power control reduction, long special attacks that make him further stall, insane power gain, cheat death, regen. Like who approved this? The more I think about him, the more frustrated I get

Instant burst reduction means you can’t really use hood or Ham effectively here, most power controllers are useless, most general champs are too slow or completely useless, and mystics are still unreliable or stalled. I think Chavez and Kush are his best counters and even they can be cooked by serpent because he’s just so annoying. Even if you play perfectly you get a guaranteed 7 second stall at the end and he can also fail neutralize
    I mean, We had the same sentiment when photon, onslaught and bullseye were released and now they all were "fair". Give a few months and every new mystic champ will start to hard counter serpent.

Also We haven't had any mystic champ since serpent release, that's why he have limited counters. I rather see more champs countering him instead of nerfing him.

I don’t think it’s the same thing though. Photon already had hard counters before she was out and despite turning off masteries, there’s ways to manage her and she isn’t immune to everything that exists. Same thing goes for onslaught and bullseye. While photon could already be nuked by CB, Mantis, Shang, Zemo, KP, and a few others by her time of release (and managed well and taken out by others like Hulkling and Starky with full health) there’s no hard serpent counters that even exist yet. Even his best counters aren’t the fastest of most reliable

I think people just needed to learn to dex onslaught and he can be nuked by anyone and bullseye is a frail dude despite being annoying to deal with so any bleed immune with good damage takes him well. I agree though, we haven’t had a single mystic and I’m willing to bet that Enchantress if she’s coming and Shathra will be hard serpent counters lmao. We’ll see though. From my experience figuring all the tough defenders, there’s nothing more limiting and punishing than serpent by miles. Like it’s a guaranteed loss unless you draft like 3 specific champs and even they can fail
    That might change with 2 back to back mystics will have to wait and see
    Serpent balance info will be out next month, so they should take the decision based on the available champs not thing we gonna get in future.

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I don’t think it’s the same thing though. Photon already had hard counters before she was out and despite turning off masteries, there’s ways to manage her and she isn’t immune to everything that exists. Same thing goes for onslaught and bullseye. While photon could already be nuked by CB, Mantis, Shang, Zemo, KP, and a few others by her time of release (and managed well and taken out by others like Hulkling and Starky with full health) there’s no hard serpent counters that even exist yet. Even his best counters aren’t the fastest of most reliable

I think people just needed to learn to dex onslaught and he can be nuked by anyone and bullseye is a frail dude despite being annoying to deal with so any bleed immune with good damage takes him well. I agree though, we haven’t had a single mystic and I’m willing to bet that Enchantress if she’s coming and Shathra will be hard serpent counters lmao. We’ll see though. From my experience figuring all the tough defenders, there’s nothing more limiting and punishing than serpent by miles. Like it’s a guaranteed loss unless you draft like 3 specific champs and even they can fail
    Atleast serpent have 3 counters, When domino was released ,There wasn't a single hard counter. If I'm not wrong, The first champ who is immune to AAR and don't have any abilities whose chance to trigger is less thN 100% is Mysterio, Who was released like a year after domino. Time god bgs didn't exist at that time.

Serpent is definitely more annoying than other recent defenders, But as I said, as time goes by, Most mystics will start to counter him and he is more manageable.

Also I believe the only thing that makes him too tough in defense in his sig ability. Without the sig, He is not even top 5 defenders imo. So maybe a slight change like his death buff can be nullfied? Or death buff only heals and won't trigger power gain? I won't mind something like this. But they should tune his damage up if they plan to nerf his defenses.
    You know what was not there when Domino was released, rebalancing of new champs. Now that we have it he should be nerfed.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I was expecting Ironheart to get a change to her sp1 where it can refresh her DOT.

Then you were asking for disappointment. She's not supposed to be shuri, but every champion is supposed to be able to refresh everything
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 ★★★★★

altavista said:

I think if they took away Serpent's giant hammer, more people would think he is decent/good on Attack. There is a huge cognitive dissonance to seeing someone attack with an anime-sized giant hammer and do a pitiful amount of damage. In contrast, the feel of Vox's scythe attacks and the damage it does meets expectations.

I mean he is definitely great in offense outside bgs. Boy has a lot of utility, one special attack and you can completely bypass miss and evade. He is a ramp up champ so not the best in bgs.

Defensively he is little OP, But I don't want him to get nerfed (I have a r3 7* and pumped all my sigs on him).
    He is bad for game, balance program exists to buff bad champs and nerf op champs. He should be nerfed.
    They didn't buff mid champs who need slight tune up (ironheart) so why should they nerf op defenders like serpent?

And for your other comment, If not the next mystic champ, then probably the following one will counter him.

Is serpent too Op and bad for game? Yes.
    Do I want him to nerfed? No, cuz I have a r3 serpent.
    Should serpent be nerfed? Yes, He is too unfair in defense.

But WILL KABAM NERF SERPENT? MOST LIKELY NOT. They might say he is working as expected or do something as insignificant as they did for bullseye and we will have a rant post like this running for few days, Then everyone will forget it lol. I bet that's gonna happen.

altavista said:

They didn't buff mid champs who need slight tune up (ironheart) so why should they nerf op defenders like serpent?

And for your other comment, If not the next mystic champ, then probably the following one will counter him.

Is serpent too Op and bad for game? Yes.
    Do I want him to nerfed? No, cuz I have a r3 serpent.
    Should serpent be nerfed? Yes, He is too unfair in defense.

But WILL KABAM NERF SERPENT? MOST LIKELY NOT. They might say he is working as expected or do something as insignificant as they did for bullseye and we will have a rant post like this running for few days, Then everyone will forget it lol. I bet that's gonna happen.
    I get what you mean, Kabam is very afraid to nerf things, afraid of the backlash from people like you who maxed their champs. You saw what happended with Shocker right, fixed the interaction with glancing and the community started demanding rank down tickets. In addition to that he is a DLL champ, he will try his best to stop any changes to his champs, just like he did with Kate Bishop.

If the balance team is really looking at the data, he is the worst defender that came after the rebalancing started and he deserves the nerf. Someone proposed an easy fix for him, just reduce the number of dread to 2 as a defender also there whould be more ways to reduce his culforce charges. Finally, I am asking one thing how many times did you win against a Serpent?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

I was expecting Ironheart to get a change to her sp1 where it can refresh her DOT.

Then you were asking for disappointment. She's not supposed to be shuri, but every champion is supposed to be able to refresh everything