Beta Ray Bill animations are here

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

Animations look peak, immunities and resistances look nice he'll definitely be suicide friendly, now let's just hope the "high damage in short fights" wasn't written by the same person who gave Kate 2.5/5 in damage and Sable 4/5 on the champion spotlights lmao

This could mean anything. Technically, maw is a "high damage" champ too, lol. For $30, you get what you pay for
    High damage is not subjective, that's the point I was trying to make.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,058 ★★★★
    Defo gonna have some kind of block mechanic, so many hits into block in that clip
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★

Defo gonna have some kind of block mechanic, so many hits into block in that clip

He might have some increased block penetration, or access to pierce
    So, what are our predictions for his kit? I’m predicting a lot of burst damage, either red and/or yellow numbers, shocks or even critical shocks, furies, etc.
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 395 ★★
    I’d run him based off the animations alone, that is a TRIUMPH on design. still hope his kit and numbers pays off for us.

stupid question; the 7* from the Plat Track is available to TB and above (who bought the track, completed it,terms and conditions may apply yadda yadda)?

I’ve searched, heard responses (some from fairly reliable members), bout couldn’t source an official post or response, if anyone can drop a link?

brain hurts, fresh off work, and a couple alliance mates are concerned on the cut off. my google fu is trash until I grab some protein.

I’d run him based off the animations alone, that is a TRIUMPH on design. still hope his kit and numbers pays off for us.

stupid question; the 7* from the Plat Track is available to TB and above (who bought the track, completed it,terms and conditions may apply yadda yadda)?

I’ve searched, heard responses (some from fairly reliable members), bout couldn’t source an official post or response, if anyone can drop a link?

brain hurts, fresh off work, and a couple alliance mates are concerned on the cut off. my google fu is trash until I grab some protein.

I believe so but are they also going to give out like a 4-6 star for those who didn’t buy it?
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 731 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Animations look peak, immunities and resistances look nice he'll definitely be suicide friendly, now let's just hope the "high damage in short fights" wasn't written by the same person who gave Kate 2.5/5 in damage and Sable 4/5 on the champion spotlights lmao

This could mean anything. Technically, maw is a "high damage" champ too, lol. For $30, you get what you pay for
    Maw’s damage is good though, especially if you stack all those degens
    Not saying it's bad, but he's not someone most of us would play on offense unless you just love the champ
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,535 ★★★★
    Btw, it's announced that Kabam live stream will gift one viewer who enters 'code' chance to win 7* Beta Ray Bill.. that's so cool.
  • OldManHopOldManHop Member Posts: 294 ★★★
    edited July 31
    psp742 said:

Btw, it's announced that Kabam live stream will gift one viewer who enters 'code' chance to win 7* Beta Ray Bill.. that's so cool.

You misunderstood. They're going to give out a promo code for everybody (usually just some weekly crystals and other stuff) AND do a normal Twitch giveaway.
    EdisonLaw said:

I believe so but are they also going to give out like a 4-6 star for those who didn’t buy it?

Not through the double track event. If you don't buy the platinum track, you don't get the Lockjaw Tokens required to buy him from the shop when he becomes available.

As others have mentioned, it is confirmed that Thronebreaker+ will be able to buy him as a 7* for 3x Lockjaw Tokens starting August 8th at 11 AM PDT, until September 13th.

psp742 said:

It’ll probably be another promo code as usual
    OldManHop said:

psp742 said:

You misunderstood. They're going to give out a promo code for everybody (usually just some weekly crystals and other stuff) AND do a normal Twitch giveaway.
    EdisonLaw said:

Not through the double track event. If you don't buy the platinum track, you don't get the Lockjaw Tokens required to buy him from the shop when he becomes available.

As others have mentioned, it is confirmed that Thronebreaker+ will be able to buy him as a 7* for 3x Lockjaw Tokens starting August 8th at 11 AM PDT, until September 13th.

Time for another arena grind then 😠

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Animations are on fleek.

What is the lore behind him?

He’s a Korbinite (alien horse) who met Thor and fought him. During the fight, he found himself worthy of Mjolnir. This led Odin to create a new gold hammer called Stormbreaker to be his weapon

Aah great 😊 thanks! So he’s a good guy?
    Yes, he and Thor are brothers in arms.
    So, OP synergy incoming
    We haven’t gotten an OP synergy in a long time
  • The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Member Posts: 232 ★★
    I like the animations but dislike the model. He shares the problem with Serpent of having odd proportions that don't completely fit in this game.
    edited August 1

I like the animations but dislike the model. He shares the problem with Serpent of having odd proportions that don't completely fit in this game.

He looks like that in comics.

He looks sick. I'm holding my titans lmaoo.

Wait you didn't buy the pass?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,334 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Even if he did, I’m sure he’d want the dupe
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Who is the other champ coming
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    edited August 1
    EdisonLaw said:

I'm too broke 😭
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,535 ★★★★
    edited August 1
    I think it's Spiral (mutant) or Enchantress (mystic) at least I'm hoping it is.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    Keltan said:

I'm excited

Who's that other champ coming?
    Looks very OP 👀
    Now can we please delete Thor Ragnarok and Jane foster to remake OG Thor?
    It's so shameful to have such strong character reduced to meme tier while actual memeface characters gets this treatment.

Remake OG Thor, release him as 7* as some kind of payment, Kabam get money then release on Titan as usual.
  • XlebXleb Member Posts: 298

Who is the other champ coming

Enchantress, but I think they are still hiding it because there was already a leak in the game files that she is the second champion and Kabam decided to take revenge, without officially announcing the characters a few days before the stream
    PT_99 said:

It's so shameful to have such strong character reduced to meme tier while actual memeface characters gets this treatment.

Remake OG Thor, release him as 7* as some kind of payment, Kabam get money then release on Titan as usual.

And also make his animations similar to Bill
    EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

And also make his animations similar to Bill
    You mistyped superior**
    PT_99 said:

EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

And also make his animations superior to Bill
    You mistyped superior**
    Fixed
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,334 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

Lol, Beta Ray Bill isn't a memeface character. He's one of the biggest icons in Marvel comics. People have wanted him in game since it released; he's one of the most powerful characters ever written. However, yes they should buff OG Thor, make him a Fury buff and Shocks king.
    Yeah he’s the exact opposite. Not even into comics but BRB’s runs are great and I loved him in EMH. I’d say he’s a better character than Thor tbh but he’s not nearly as mainstream