Battlegrounds meta champions

DragonBoiiDragonBoii Member Posts: 12
This is an rng frustration rant but also just about bgs in general. For context, in 20 titan crystals throughout its lifespan, I've pulled a "featured" champ 6 times. I've got an sig 40 thing, a duped blade, sersi, etc and even when I did get a featured champ I've gotten the worst ones in ironheart, silver sable, etc. How am I meant to keep up in bgs? I tried climbing high this season to find that in terms of # of rank ups (7 7* r3's ish), I have the right amount. But EVERYONE has 7* serpent, or bullseye, or onslaught, or redskull, or photon, etc. I have all these great bgs champs as a 6*, but they just cannot keep up with the duped 7* versions. Back before battlegrounds existed, not having the most "meta" champ didn't really matter as most solo content you can do and have fun with anyone. It didn't matter if you didn't get any featured 6*s that much, and even for war you could still use sub optimal champs for attacking consistently. It's a huge point of frustration for me that due to my poor luck, I legitimately cannot push for high ranks in bgs. Even if I play perfectly, I can't outscore someone when I'm having to fight a 7* r3 serpent. And this isn't really just a luck thing, bgs really forces the champion pool to such a narrow optimized pool of "meta" champs that it makes ranking up champs you actually enjoy hard if you want to grind for bgs hard **as a late game player** (since there isn't much other endgame content for now).

I know this just comes across as an rng rant which it is partially, and a lot of these issues aren't prevalent for most players now. But when 7* r4s come out, and people that don't have whatever the most optimized bgs champs are as 7*s, their 6*s will just not cut it anymore and be left in the dust. Also yes I know I can just ban them, but often times it's banning my own 6* version of the champ too and being forced to leave open other annoying defenders

TLDR:
Bg's have chocked the champion meta so much if you want to actually climb to where you can't rank up champs you enjoy if you care about being a top player, or if your luck is awful and don't have any of these few meta champs it's that much harder to climb purely due to crystal rng, which had never really been an issue with the game before battlegrounds

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,118 ★★★★★
    The beauty of RNG, everyone is gonna pull someone bad at some point.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,100 ★★★★★
    Just curious, when you say you want to 'actually climb', how far up are you hoping to get in GC?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,713 ★★★★★
    I agree.
    My champion rng have not been what I wanted since necro. That's 10+ months.. Have stopped pushing m1. Just sitting on resources, idc anymore if I get quantum Or uru6. Just doing objectives.
    Stopped arenas completely, Didn't buy plat pass like I did last year, why should I? #Rant