The Crucible Path 1 Write-up by an *average? Valiant

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,089 ★★★★★
Here is my crucible path 1 write-up. Since it’s mostly roster dependent, I’m not doing a more in-depth guide. I used @21Eggatron 's spreadsheet for reference, but often just looked at it if I was stuck on a node combination or to get ideas. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16MDy1ei-t44cOfGEai22o9DXvrJ32rwDawTrPc6KTPk/edit?usp=sharing

I’m listing the times, successful hits and my % health after each fight to give you an idea of the ease of my champ’s effectiveness. I can also upload the victory screen shots if anyone actually wants to see the full stats, but I’d honestly prefer not to. If I made a mistake in my champ selection, I’ll note that along with any problems. All fights were solo’s unless noted, and the times and hits are added together.

Let me know if path 2 is wanted/needed.

Yondu: r3 King Groot – 5:25 min, 233 hits, 100% hp [took him because he’s very tanky , also did with Gamora in 1:16 on practice runs with 97% health and 71 hits]

BWDO: 7r2 Duped Bishop – 2:06, 58 hits, 71% health [took to counter event and get regen]

BWCV: 6r4 Sandman duped – 4:40, 285 hits, 27% [also did with Spider Gwen on practice run]

Venom: 6r5a Sinister – 1:19, 20, 38% health [easy fight – was rushing because I wanted to get under 1 minute]

Green Goblin: 7r2 duped DKG – 2:30, 75, 75% [tanky, hate fighting GG]

Rhino: 7r1 Masacre – 2:23, 120, 94% [just keep up disorient]

Red Hulk: 5r5a duped [yes 5* in case I needed my 6* later] 3:35, 229, 30% [wouldn’t recommend – Red Hulk hits hard into your block against a 5*, and you need heavies to knock him down]

Hulkbuster:6r4 Knull duped – 2:54, 170, 100% [easy to remove armor ups]

Vision [Aarkus]: 7r3 Duped Sassy – 1:19, 47, 54%

Hela: 7r2 duped Deathless Guilly – 2:03, 113, 89% [didn’t know if Guilly’s regen would outdo the block damage, but she did nicely]

Juggs: 7r1 Joe – 4:11, 195, 79% [a long fight that didn’t need to be. Probably should have picked someone else, but I was never worried]

1 revive Weapon X : 6r4 Nimrod 110, 2:17, 17% [should have been a solo, but I goofed and got clipped]

Electro Luke: 7r1 duped Falcon – 3:15, 106, 14% [dex sp 1, it’s electro’s sp1]

Punishing Angela: 6r5a Domino – 3:06, 61, 54%

Nightcarnage: 6r4 Diablo duped – 1:46, 48, 39%

1 revive and heal Spider-witch: 7r2 Sunspot – 2:11, 106, 17% [probably pick a different champion as I couldn’t get to the sp2 as I kept getting power drained]

4 revives Ice Phoenix: 6r5 Serpent duped – forgot stats, but last revive was with 369 hp left [I had never used Serpent before, and just thought he’d be easy to wing it with since he’s cold snap immune – would suggest a different champion if you’ve never used him prior]

Gwenperion: 6r5a Shuri Duped – 4:041, 224, 97% [need despair mastery, spam sp1, get 50 shock passives and shock debuffs, Gwenperion can’t throw sp3 so build on up to that.]

Moleman:6r4 Apocalypse -2:58, 76, 46%

Red Magento: 7r3 Silk – 1:16, 96, 98% [just nuked him down with the sp3  sp1 rotation]

MODOK: 7r3 Shang-Chi - 1:36, 67, 68%

Guardian: 6r5a Corvus – 2:15, 74, 48% [easy to remove armor ups, can’t auto-block sp2, but I did have to go through his charges twice]

2 revives White Magneto: 7r2 Red Skull – 3:51, 205, 20% [Could have been a solo, but both times I died I forgot which magneto throws which special and didn’t dex properly]

Tigra: 6r5a Red Guardian duped – 0:43, 12, 82% [faster solo with just 12 hits]

Venom the Duck: 7r2 Bullseye – 4:24, 257, 49% [probably could have been shorter, but also have only used Bullseye about 3 times total. Got 0 perfect release charges or whatever they are called]

Hit Monkey: 6r5a Fury – 3:01, 106, 19% [still hadn’t activated LMD, glad I used the 5* against Red Hulk so I had this Fury available]

Punisher 2099: 7r3 Hulkbuster – 1:59, 31, 61%

Nova: 6r5a Doom – 1:27, 91, 87%

3 revives iBom: 6r4 Scorpion – 6:01, 256, 22% [probably should have picked another option with power gain and poison immune like Hyperion. It was too hard to keep meltdown timer active. Also, I’ve never used Scorpion for Questing, BG, etc so it may have been me]

Man-Thing: 7r3 duped Hulk – 1:08, 82, 65%

2 revives Void: 6r4 duped Wolverine- 5:06, 213, 13% [I thought Wolverine’s regen could outdo the debuff damage from void, and that I could then get rid of the debuffs. He couldn’t. I also forgot that wolverine’s regen increases based on power stored, but I had to get the power up to 3 bars before I got the nice regen. Also, I always run Wolvie as a horseman and forgot how bad his bleed damage is without Apoc]

PlatPool: 7r2 duped Dust - 1:41, 92, 64% [easy access to debuffs]

Dragon Man: 6r5 Void dued – 3:12, 101, 61% [easy once debuffs are up as he can’t throw specials]

1 revive Gwenmaster: 7r3 duped Venom – 2:24, 141, 20% health [used 40% revive with no healing, only got to one phase]

14 revives, but every fight is solo-able if you plan correctly

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,039 ★★★★
    Awesome, I'm doing normal cuz I'm a noob lol nearly everyone else seems to be doing legendary. Will probs do legendary before the end of the year
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 915 ★★★★

Awesome, I'm doing normal cuz I'm a noob lol nearly everyone else seems to be doing legendary. Will probs do legendary before the end of the year

Not sure how far you're in, but I did 1/2 a normal path & realized I should really be doing legendary. I'd recommend planning it out & if your roster can fill 90% of the fights, do it. If you're missing a piece here or there, there's plenty of spreadsheet, livestreams that might help you find a piece that you're missing or overlooking. I think it's a least worth a try. Just my thoughts...
  • Cuber2906Cuber2906 Member Posts: 130

same, legendary seems possible but after getting stuck on bwdo, lost hopes
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    Good, short, quick write-up .
    💯
  • The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Member Posts: 228 ★★
    Any recommendations for Electro-Luke Cage if I don't have falcon?
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,089 ★★★★★

@The_0wenpus I'd imagine Namor max sig is great for this fight because he'll reflect the damage back. However, mine was only 6r3 and didn't want to risk it. Professor X is typically good for electro, so he should be good for this fight (only his first medium is a contact hit). Black cat might be good too with her defensive ability reduction, but I don't know her well. If you can play crossbones (I can't) he should also be good.

I think Namor is the best option if you have him.
  • GyanemdjerGyanemdjer Member Posts: 141

Prof x works well
  • Cuber2906Cuber2906 Member Posts: 130
    does onslaught work?
    edited August 11
    Cuber2906 said:

does onslaught work?

@Cuber2906 he does not. Too many of his attacks are contact unless you're planning to spam medium into heavy.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 415 ★★★
    Cuber2906 said:

does onslaught work?

If it's a 7*, go for it.

@The_0wenpus I'd imagine Namor max sig is great for this fight because he'll reflect the damage back. However, mine was only 6r3 and didn't want to risk it. Professor X is typically good for electro, so he should be good for this fight (only his first medium is a contact hit). Black cat might be good too with her defensive ability reduction, but I don't know her well. If you can play crossbones (I can't) he should also be good.

Thanks for the advice. If non-contact hits work like that, that opens up more emotions for me to use.

Thanks for the advice. If non-contact hits work like that, that opens up more emotions for me to use.
    Before commiting the champ to the fight, I'd suggest practicing against electro and seeing of the champ takes damage.

Before commiting the champ to the fight, I'd suggest practicing against electro and seeing of the champ takes damage.
    Oh, smart idea.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,819 ★★★★★

Namor, Gambit, OR
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,754 ★★★★★

Namor, Gambit, OR
    Black cat, crossbones, Black widow, Negasonic works as well
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 271 ★★
    Great write up with a ton of helpful info. Definitely do the same for path 2 once you’re done. These types of posts benefit everyone. I’m up to Red Mags myself. It’s been a grind and I’m making careless mistakes now bc I’m tired.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,886 ★★★★★
    edited August 11
    Great write up—here is my experience with this path (Champs used/Revs):

Yondu-Valk (6r5A)
    BWDO-Storm (6r4A)
    CV-Spider Gwen (7r1L40)
    Venom-Destroyer (7r2L20)
    GG-Ronan (5r5)
    Rhino-Ham (7r3L40)
    Rhulk-KP (6r5A)
    HB-Shuri (7r2L40)
    Aarkus-AbsMan (6r5A)
    Hela-Wiccan (7R1L20)
    Juggs-Hulk (7r2L20) 😵
    WX-Nimrod (6r4A)
    Luke-Cat (7r3L40)
    Angela-RedMags (5r5) 😵
    NightCarnage-Scorpion (6r5A)
    GwenWitch-Iceman (6r5A)
    IcePhx-Serpent (6r5A) 😵😵😵😵
    Gwenperion-RedMags (6r3)
    Mole-Apoc (6r4)
    Red Mags-Titania (6r4)
    Modok-KM (7R2L100)😵
    Guardian-Hulkling (6r5A)
    Wags-Havok (7R2L40)😵
    Tigra-Silk (7r3L40)
    VtD-Bullseye (7r2)
    Hit Monkey-Bishop (7r2L80)
    P99-Warlock (6r4)
    Nova-SymSup (6r5A)
    iBom-OGV (6r4A)
    ManThing-Overseer (7r1L20)
    Void-LDS (7r2L40)
    PlatPool-WWBN (7r2)
    DM-Torch (6r5A) 😵
    GM-Herc (6r5A)

Hope this is helpful. Not too bad—typical lag issues and connection problems for me, but very straightforward.

Dr. Zola

Great write up with a ton of helpful info. Definitely do the same for path 2 once you’re done. These types of posts benefit everyone. I’m up to Red Mags myself. It’s been a grind and I’m making careless mistakes now bc I’m tired.

Then I'll post it tonight hopefully. I've been done since Thursday. @TikkaMasala Good luck with the remainder of your run.
  • AadhyVanAadhyVan Member Posts: 80

I used 6R4 Baron Zemo - MM and SP2 only. Keep an eye on Power Meter and bait SP1s. Cost me a revive, cause I got hasty at pushed him to a SP2 when he was rooted.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,802 ★★★★★
    Nice stuff, @willrun4adonut

I've dipped into my 5* Roster too, either for the perfect counter (Ronan) and/or to save the 6*/7* as a choice for later in the quest.

There's definitely cheese options for 5* 5/65s, such as Ronan against Gwenmaster, and this is 5* Dr Doom against Hela:

As for the rest:

Yondu - Proxima Midnight (6r3Sig60)
    BWDO - Emma Frost (7r1)
    Claire Voyant - Stealthy (6r3)
    Venom - Kushala (7r2)
    Green Goblin - Warlock* (6r3 - Aaaaagh! bad choice!)
    Rhino - Classic Spidey (6r3)
    Rhulk - Chee'ilth (7r1)
    Hulkbuster - Silver Surfer (7r1)
    Aarkus - Abs Man (6*r4 Sig100)
    Hela - Dr Doom (5* r5)
    Juggernaut - Overseer (6r3 Sig120)
    Weapon-X - Nimrod (5* r5 Sig 200)
    Electro Luke - Namor (5* r5 Sig 200)
    Angela - Bishop (6*r4 Sig100)
    NightCarnage - Shuri (7r3 Sig 40)
    GwenWitch - Prowler (7r1)
    IcePhoenix - Classic Iron Man (6*r4A Sig120)
    Gwenperion - Ronan (5*r5Asc Sig 200)
    Mole Man - Archangel (6*r5 Sig 150)
    Red Mags - Miles Morales (6*r4 Sig 100)
    Modok - Attuma (7*r3)
    Guardian - Hulkling (6r5A)
    Wags - White Tiger (7r1)
    Tigra - Red Guardian (6*r5 Sig 150)
    Venom the Duck - Shang-Chi (6*r5 Sig 200)
    Hit Monkey - Bishop (7r3Sig40)
    P99 - Hawkeye (7r1)
    Nova - Scorpion (6*r4 Sig100)
    iBom - Ultron (6r5A Sig 200)
    ManThing - Overseer (7r1)
    Void - Quicksilver (6r5 Sig120)
    PlatPool - Photon (6r5A Sig 200)
    DM - Torch (6r3)
    GM - Juggernaut (7r2)

For anyone who hasn't done path 1 yet, the bold champs are bolded because they're completely GOATed for the fight, if you have them. They're mostly soloes; apart from occasional mishaps like being unable to bait an SP2 from Dragon Man with Torch, and eating an SP3 to the face.

* Why Warlock, you ask? He's usually good for GG, if you can get him perpetually regenerating (and Power Draining) in Madness. Unfortunately the 50% Power efficiency meant GG kept gaining Cunning, so that usual strategy didn't work. Lesson: don't pick Warlock, and think about the nodes properly! It could have been an easy stun-lock solo if I'd chosen Gambit...
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 811 ★★★

Same bro😂😭
  • King_5trudelKing_5trudel Member Posts: 30
    i finished the lengendary of this to get me Valiant. it was rough. duped ihulk
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,075 ★★★★

I used Black Cat and she got the solo.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 271 ★★
    @willrun4adonut post Path 2 when you get a chance. I appreciated your path 1 list as a guide. Just finished it and going to start Path 2 soon.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,381 ★★★★★

Zemo cleans him up nicely.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,704 ★★★★★
    edited August 13
    Here's my mini account run with random champs at disposal
    Path 1:

Yondu: Gamora 7r1 lvl 1
    BWDO: omega red 7r1
    BWCV: silk 7r2
    Venom: diablo 7r1 🛑 not recommended
    Green Goblin: galan 6r4
    Rhino: ham 6r4
    Rulk: Zemid 6r4