Combo ending hit does not connect when throwing special

Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 706 ★★★★
I’ve noticed this happening since the last update but I wasn’t sure if it was a bug or me just being a bit slow the throw the special attack.

Now I’ve managed to get a video

https://youtu.be/JHyF1VUfb7Q?si=Xqjjgrz_jSKDCvZa

I went through frame by frame and got these screenshots. All I can think is that the AI has become sentient and surpassed the rules of the game. Like come on, nightcrawlers sword goes right through fury and somehow that’s not a hit?

Comments

• sxlbstverliebtsxlbstverliebt Member Posts: 10
    You didn't actually land your last basic hit (clearly indicated by the combo meter staying at 71), which means that you threw your sp2 after your 4th hit in the combo. Since there is a delay between activating the special and landing a special hit, he was able to block the special, because there was a bigger time window of no contact than usual.
    People actually use this delay to force the defender to block, which is useful for champs like valk, masacre or hulkling.
    I'm not saying the animations aren't poor, but this is clearly your fault. Make sure that all your hits connect before pressing the special button.
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 706 ★★★★

I'm not saying the animations aren't poor, but this is clearly your fault. Make sure that all your hits connect before pressing the special button.

If you wait long enough to check the hit registered, then that leaves too long of a delay to throw the special. I swiped and then tapped the special button right away, that's how it always worked.

Right now it seems like you can cancel basic attacks into specials, you could do that with heavies but not light / mediums before. Something is not working properly.
  • Jeremiah25019Jeremiah25019 Member Posts: 3
    lol, i have faced this issue so much i don't even notice it anymore.........and i especially love it when they use it to KO you in one combo..........
    Jokes aside, Ai, input issues, lags and freezing, myraid of bugs etc are ruining the experience for a lot of people.
    Mcoc is still one of the best games out there, Too bad it's not addressing these issues in a way that would be noticeable in the community.