Add 7* Launch Pool Crystal to buy

ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 934 ★★★★
edited August 18 in Suggestions and Requests
I would like to propose the addition of a 7* Launch Pool Crystal to the Shard Crystals or Special Crystals area of the Crystal store.

I think it would be really useful for players and give them an alternate way to spend their 7* shards and increase engagement by promoting player choices.

Those who are starting to build up their 7* roster would benefit from a smaller selection of champions that were specifically picked to create that balanced launch pool. They will be able to target and dupe these champions a little bit easier. For those who have a quite developed 7* roster this would be useful for gaining Titan shards. Either way, it gives choice.

This crystal could also be used in rewards where the propogation of more advanced 7* champions into the game needed to be controlled.

I think that this crystal should cost no more than the current 7* basic as it was the 7* basic originally. A pro-player move would be to target it at 12500 7* shards, creating a less harsh jump for new players. This crystal already exists in-game as a reward in a few locations so would just need adding to the relevant tab in the game.

It's really like to see this - what about you?

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,893 ★★★★★
    Not a bad idea. I've also wanted to see another option to use my 7* shards instead of just opening a regular 7* crystal as soon as I get 15K shards. I don't by any means have all 7*s in the game, and even less of them awakened, and even less of those at a high sig - but all the same, having no choice about how to spend my 7* shards is starting to feel somewhat rote. It would be fun with some variety in that department.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,792 ★★★★★
    If they introduce something like this, it's highly likely they will put a higher cost for the crystal, let's say like 20k shards.

This idea is good but is too soon to implement. Once the basic pool gets very mature (like 150-200 champs in basic pool) we can have launch pool crystals
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,660 ★★★★
    I like the idea. They can add the incursion crystals as having 10 basic champs in it like the 6 star incusion crystal concept to purchase instead of the current 7 champs in those crystals. That would be good to have. I think they might need more basic champs first to do it.
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I think the time is exactly right to implement something like this. The 7* base pool is already at 80+ characters and it's getting harder and harder to get dupes.

The cost aspect is interesting but I think it's unfair to make it cost more than the current 7* basic. When the first 7* crystals were launched players that were able to gather 7* shards quickly were able to benefit from the smaller pool. This gives all players, including new players that are close to getting their first 7*, the same option.

I think it would be a great addition to the game and give players another way to spend their hard-earned 7* shards.