How good is venom actually?

2»

Comments

• cscale0725_gmailcscale0725_gmail Member Posts: 79
    He's highly Versatile. He has access to easy and plentiful Buffs and debuffs
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,328 ★★★★★
    The reason why venom is highly rated is cause he’s a jack of all trades, not a master of any, but he is pretty darn good at all the trades that he’s capable of.

Heavy armor break + switch buffs. Get 1-2 precision buffs + 1-2 furies and he melts anything that bleeds with the venom relic.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    One of the things I really like about him is that you don't have to use specials in order for him to do insane amounts of damage. In fact, if you get the right RNG, you might want to actively want to hold off from using specials, especially the SP2 that converts all of your buffs into fury buffs. That's great if you got crappy RNG, but if you've got a solid set up buffs, you're better just keeping hitting the opponent without using any specials.

This is great in a lot of situations. You've got a power sting on you for whatever reason? Don't throw any special! Does the opponent have that annoying "they gain a bar of power whenever you throw a special" node on them? Don't worry about it! Maybe you just don't gain any power for whatever reason. Venom doesn't care.

There are all kinds of interactions where not having to worry about throwing a specific special attack in order to do proper damage is a good thing. Instead, you just build up your buffs and if you don't like one you get, you can always re-roll it with a heavy attack. It makes it very easy to build a viable no-specials Venom, unless you have absolutely terrible RNG and get the same buff re-rolled all the time. I was up to four armor up buffs in a recent BG match and was ripping my hair out, haha.

But then I did launch an SP2 that converted them all into fury buffs, and the opponent got KO'd anyway.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

One of the things I really like about him is that you don't have to use specials in order for him to do insane amounts of damage. In fact, if you get the right RNG, you might want to actively want to hold off from using specials, especially the SP2 that converts all of your buffs into fury buffs. That's great if you got crappy RNG, but if you've got a solid set up buffs, you're better just keeping hitting the opponent without using any specials.

This is great in a lot of situations. You've got a power sting on you for whatever reason? Don't throw any special! Does the opponent have that annoying "they gain a bar of power whenever you throw a special" node on them? Don't worry about it! Maybe you just don't gain any power for whatever reason. Venom doesn't care.

There are all kinds of interactions where not having to worry about throwing a specific special attack in order to do proper damage is a good thing. Instead, you just build up your buffs and if you don't like one you get, you can always re-roll it with a heavy attack. It makes it very easy to build a viable no-specials Venom, unless you have absolutely terrible RNG and get the same buff re-rolled all the time. I was up to four armor up buffs in a recent BG match and was ripping my hair out, haha.

But then I did launch an SP2 that converted them all into fury buffs, and the opponent got KO'd anyway.

That’s the only thing that holds him back, it’s RNG. Same with Hyperion, you may get 5 fury buffs with one heavy, but you may sometimes get only 1-2 buffs.
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 827 ★★★
    He’s cool
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Member Posts: 569 ★★★
    A ton of great points made in this thread . A couple of extras that i didn't see:

1) his heavy reach is great
    2) he has my favorite "feel" for medium intercepts (hard to describe, but it just feels easier with him)
    3) you get to use a giant evil space lizard symbiote to shred just about anything that bleeds or armor breaks - which makes him FUN to play

Sometimes we can let this game feel like a job, but not when you're using Venom
  • TeeBleezyTeeBleezy Member Posts: 39
    Xguard77 said:

2) he has my favorite "feel" for medium intercepts (hard to describe, but it just feels easier with him)

This is one of the main reasons I love using him. Seems like his reach on his light attacks make for really good light intercepts, too

• Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    He god damn shreds