When reworking Cyclops, leave Armor Break in his kit

ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Member Posts: 444 ★★★★
Please Kabam, don’t make the Spider-Man mistake again. Having armor break available on a champ who’s class doesn’t have it gives them a lot more value.

Comments

• SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★
    Wouldn’t be surprised if they let Cyclops keep the armor break but restrict it to nontechs (which is sorta what I wanted them to do with Spider-man, let him have the armor break but replace it with a physical vulnerability or something against mystics). Idk between tech’s general low viability and the fact we already have two Magnetos and Onslaught I don’t think we reallly need yet another mutant that can dunk on techs.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,826 ★★★★★
    I definitely disagree.

If theres one x-man who should dunk on Techs, it's Cyclops. Basically the only time he lets loose is fighting Sentinels...

• CookinEwoksCookinEwoks Member Posts: 177 ★★
    I would like the armor break to be a passive tho, so many skills with purify nowadays
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 426 ★★★
    Hope kabam does not just slap on a bunch prowess buffs and call it a day. Sure they'd be strong but I'm tired of such buffs
  • ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Member Posts: 444 ★★★★

I would like the armor break to be a passive tho, so many skills with purify nowadays

Passive against skill only would be cool.
  • Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 362 ★★★
    I don’t care how they rework him, I just want them to keep the fun interaction with havok where you can’t do damage or take damage
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,896 ★★★★★

I don’t care how they rework him, I just want them to keep the fun interaction with havok where you can’t do damage or take damage

If they remove it I WILL BE FURIOUS
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,826 ★★★★★
    edited August 20

ShoNuff29 said:

Passive against skill only would be cool.
    I put a suggestion like that into a rework I posted a few weeks back:

When Armour Break debuffs end for any reason, they have a 75% chance to be replaced with an indefinite Armour Break passive, which reduces Armour rating by 115. Inflicting an Armour break passive does not remove an additional stack of Armour.
    Max stacks 20.

I really like the idea of Cyclops steadily dismantling even Tech opponents like Sentinels with repeated optic blasts.
    On the other hand, that would be a terrible design if we want him to be good in Battlegrounds, so maybe not...
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

I definitely disagree.

If theres one x-man who should dunk on Techs, it's Cyclops. Basically the only time he lets loose is fighting Sentinels...

That would make him unique from other mutants (though we have Magneto who does that already)