War Rewards Buff - Gold and below left in the dust again

Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
So the top tiers of war got a nice buff:
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/374355/alliance-war-season-52-changelog#latest

But gold and below got basically nothing. Again. If the whole point of the war showcase is to get people interested in competitive war - how exactly is that accomplished when the gap keeps increasing to the point no lower alliance will ever be able to move up? If anything - it’s just killing off gold and below interest. You either join an already high tier alliance or war is pointless.

I don’t get it. This is two reward buffs now where gold and silver are left basically unchanged. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain how this helps the game.

Comments

• BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    Gold got the loyalty 7 star shard thingies, no? Not much but it’s something
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,763 ★★★★★

Its very nice now but golds never been place for stuff always plat or above
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    Bendy said:

Its very nice now but golds never been place for stuff always plat or above
    Yeah my ally only does two battle groups and we get gold 3-4. It’s very chill so I don’t complain about it cause I could just join a more war focused alliance if I wanted better rewards
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,394 ★★★★★
    Valiant or not there is literally no effort put into war when you're below gold so take what you get
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    edited August 21
    i was in a alliance who ran 3 bg and had trouble with participation, yet we still stuck around gold 2-3. Wasn’t really much effort. If the top rank rewards are better, then they’re not giving you incentive to play but rather incentive to rank up your alliance. And if you feel your alliance group isn’t pulling their weight when you are then join a new alliance that is more serious about war.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 351 ★★★

Silver 6 gets a few of those as well. Honestly, as an Alliance that bounces between Silver 1 and Gold 6 depending on our effort, I'm a-okay with the rewards. I like when we hit gold, as I can R4 another 6 star for Battlegrounds, but that doesn't always happen. In my alt's alliance, we're hitting Silver 3 with at least half the Alliance no longer playing but no one clearing the dead weight from the group...
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    edited August 21
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Because medicore performance need not be celebrated, like are you serious? 😃

Getting 4 tokens which can be exchanged for 4000 7* shards not enough?

Why give any rewards to mediocrity? Maybe just give them only premium and grandmaster crystals.

This is what’s comical - I posted this knowing these are sorts of comments I would get. There is a disincentive to play war except at platinum+. It’s part of the reason I left the upper level gold alliance months ago where it was a requirement to participate. For what? The tiers above you are buffed on a schedule - we were getting 2 year old rewards. It’s a waste of time and effort. Still is.

So what you're trying to ask Kabam is that YOU goldies don't want to play war competitively but wants to be rewarded as same as people who play like that?
    Doesn't make sense.

YOU left upper alliances where one must join war, have minimal deaths so that whole 30 players can get rewards, you left it all, that's your choice, now you can't be entitled to those same rewards that YOU left, in lower brackets you get lower rewards, that's how COMPETITION works.
    Actually - I didn’t say that at all - and specifically stated otherwise. But boy that strawman sure got thumped. Nice work
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

That has always ben the case plat and master is where the good stuff is

It’s not about “where the good stuff is” - of course that’s the case. It’s that the gap to gold is a chasm. As if every valiant players exists in plat or above. There are ways to make it worthwhile without taking away the incentive to move up. As it is now - it’s plat or don’t waste your time.
    I think it's meant to try and prevent "retired" whale alliances or alliances hoping to pick off easy wins from staying in the low tiers.
  • RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Member Posts: 150 ★★
    The biggest problem I have is the solo event milestones. They haven't been updated in ages. Either buff them or get rid of them and roll it into war rewards.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,561 ★★★★★

The biggest problem I have is the solo event milestones. They haven't been updated in ages. Either buff them or get rid of them and roll it into war rewards.

That's a problem across the board unfortunately. All solo objectives/milestones aren't barely worth it for any progression level. They all need to be updated but kabam just takes forever to update them and when they do, it's already too late.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,296 ★★★★★
    Close your eyes, only for a moment...
  • GrumrokGrumrok Member Posts: 76
    Last rewards Buff only p2 and above got some good improvement.
    Now, with another improvement they went a few tiers down with quite some more noticable stuff...so i assume, next one they go even further with this.
    Just patience
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    Plat is just as bad
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    Yep, I'm fully on board with OP on this. I feel like Gold and below has consistently been left behind in terms of rewards for a long while now. We see time and time again how only the top gets their rewards increased and it's so enormously demoralizing. I could be the only one playing AQ in my alliance and the glory I earned during that week would still make me able to buy three times the t6cc shards that I'd get from an entire month's worth of AW. And I'd get it in the form of selectors, not just random crystals.

The whole "Waah, waah, you just want Platinum rewards for Gold play" nonsense is so ridiculous. No one is saying that Kabam should give low/mid-tier alliances the best stuff. The point is to update our rewards when they're updating the top alliances' rewards. What's the point of scrapping around along the borders of, say, Gold 3 when the difference of getting up to Gold 2 or falling down to Gold 4 are just different variations of frustratingly outdated rewards?

I could quit playing AW all together and the only thing I'd miss out on is the loyalty, which isn't even part of the end-of-season rewards. I'm happy that they added a couple of loyalty tokens to the rewards now, but they don't change much in the grand scheme of things.
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 823 ★★★
    edited August 22
    What do you expect gold and silver rewards to be? I would like to know your insight on that
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 823 ★★★
    edited August 22
    And what's your account progression
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Fine with me. I'm in gold 5 because I don't care and the alliance doesn't care.

But I did get a 6* nexus that finally got me herc so maybe that's why I'm good.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★

Gamer said:

That has always ben the case plat and master is where the good stuff is

It’s not about “where the good stuff is” - of course that’s the case. It’s that the gap to gold is a chasm. As if every valiant players exists in plat or above. There are ways to make it worthwhile without taking away the incentive to move up. As it is now - it’s plat or don’t waste your time.
    I think it's meant to try and prevent "retired" whale alliances or alliances hoping to pick off easy wins from staying in the low tiers.
    exactly this.

low level war rewards are designed with primary factor being developing alliances and accounts growing and climbing. hense rewards that suit lower progression.
    and the secondary consideration is making it so that people have a choice to make,
    push hard and do the best you can to get the best rewards possible for yourself,
    or
    play with little effort and just accept whatever rewards come to you.

its not designed to give big rewards to lazy players.
    its designed incentivize players to push and reward those that do.
    if gold rewards got better then i know i wouldn't bother trying to push for platinum. gotta use potions and boosts where i am.
    if gold rewards were better i would just save my effort and items and stay there......
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★

What do you expect gold and silver rewards to be? I would like to know your insight on that

The specifics don't matter to me. What's important is that the rewards are bumped up in roughly the same way as they are for the top-tier alliances. Not the same stuff, but in the same way. Let's say Master and Platinum alliances get 7r3 materials instead of 7r2 materials. Gold doesn't need those specific materials/the same amounts, but it would be nice if we got a similar one-step bump from 6r4 materials up to 6r5. As of right now, I'm only getting mats that were relevant to me maybe two years ago. Compare that to AQ and BG where...okay, AQ rewards are still pretty worthless outside of maybe Raids, but at least BG rewards are good even if you don't push hard in Gladiator's Circuit.
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Member Posts: 214 ★★
    AW is good for loyalty farming, that's main reason why I do it.

Buff the rewards, great. Don't buff the rewards, great.

BG + SOS + events like crucible + July 4 + black friday are where most non-whale, non top tier players should be focusing. EQ, SQ, AW, AQ, arenas are all time fillers.