A hint at the next saga?

XlebXleb Member Posts: 316

Just recently, the Alliance War banner changed in the game as the season is coming to an end. But what is notable is that this banner does not seem random.

I think these signs and part of the background is very reminiscent of a battle arena... And also in the foreground is Traiko... Who is a gladiator

What do you think, maybe this is really a hint to the next saga, which will be connected with some Gladtor games perhaps... Or is it just a random banner, it's up to you to decide!
But as I mentioned, I don't think Kabam just made a banner with one of the game's memorable champions in the foreground (after all, he's not there by accident) and a background that looks like the Gladiator Arena

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,919 ★★★★★
    Very likely the banner is showing next saga but could be a coincidence but next saga starts the same time as season i believe so
  • XlebXleb Member Posts: 316
    You might also think, in that case, that the She Hulk model is being updated for a reason. It is connected to Traiko, as well as to Titania, they are all interconnected.
    Bendy said:

Very likely the banner is showing next saga but could be a coincidence but next saga starts the same time as season i believe so

This banner was removed with the release of new content, and the saga tags were also returned to the champions of this saga, not the next one. So this is definitely a banner for aw (well, it is related to the saga)
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 827 ★★★
    So The champion is going to be the new saga chase champion? 💀
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,085 ★★★

You shouldn't complain about that, he's an absolute monster
    Continuation of the theory. The names of the tags of the past sagas are not to say that they are random... The "magic thief" during the X-Magic saga literally says it all. The "house of mirrors" in the current saga is the attitude towards amusement parks (Murderworld Arcade). The tags for the next war of alliances are secutor and provocateur. You may ask why they are so strange and what kind of secutor is this? - They are both types of ANCIENT ROMAN GLADIATORS.

I hope I'm close to the truth... This is so exciting!!!
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    Maybe you are right, they changed the image back to arcade
    He also has armor breaks, which play into attack tactic. Still a long shot but not a crazy theory
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,153 ★★★★★
    I will be furious if they make the champion a chase champ. We already had one cosmic chase champ, I want someone from science and tech class (preferably tech) to be chase champ. Sentinel or dock ock are great contenders.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,919 ★★★★★

I will be furious if they make the champion a chase champ. We already had one cosmic chase champ, I want someone from science and tech class (preferably tech) to be chase champ. Sentinel or dock ock are great contenders.

It cant be the champion as chase champs are saga based and no cosmics are saga this season

It's more like he's the main character next saga. What was Knull like in saga 1, but we weren't chasing him
    Bendy said:

It cant be the champion as chase champs are saga based and no cosmics are saga this season
    The past 2 sagas, they have had an outlier from the regular class wheel. Void in xmagica, wolverine/deadpool in arcade games. So having a cosmic champ is still possible, but the Champion would already be on the list of tactic champs if he was the outlier since he’s available as a 6*
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,328 ★★★★★
    edited August 23

He needs max sig tho (unless he's getting buffed which I doubt)
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,954 ★★★★
    I'm pretty sure The Champion is going to play the role of the villain in the saga, similar to Knull and Arcade's role in the previous two sagas. I can't say who's going to be the heroes of this new saga though, but based on the fact that this seems to be focused on an arena, this could be a crossover event between all the heroes, as they fight to stop the Elders
    edited August 23

I'm pretty sure The Champion is going to play the role of the villain in the saga, similar to Knull and Arcade's role in the previous two sagas. I can't say who's going to be the heroes of this new saga though, but based on the fact that this seems to be focused on an arena, this could be a crossover event between all the heroes, as they fight to stop the Elders

I may be wrong, but the last time I saw the Champion of the Universe playing a key role was in the September 2022 storyline. So it would be a great comeback.

Or, which is also possible, maybe the whole thing was started by the Grandmaster, who hasn't been heard from for a long time either.

Is this secretly hinting at a Champion buff? @Swedeah would be sooo happy
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,958 ★★★★★
    I predict Hulk Ragnarok
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,954 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

That would be great, but considering the fact that there was a champion rework vote for all the champs that desperately needed a buff just a week ago, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon
    edited August 23
    Crcrcrc said:

I predict Hulk Ragnarok

To be fair he also kinda needs a buff as well, being currently the worst Hulk out of them
    EdisonLaw said:

He needs max sig tho (unless he's getting buffed which I doubt)
    He doesn't need max sig, he can do a lot of damage even at 1 dupe level
    EdisonLaw said:

He doesn't need a buff at all

Wait, my theory isn't that stupid???