A couple questions before fighting 6.4.6 GM

User123456789User123456789 Member Posts: 43
edited August 25 in General Discussion
As the title says, I’m on 6.4.6 and really excited to get throne breaker, but I’m nervous for the grandmaster fight and I didn’t want to rush into it without having some questions answered first.

1. With these champs being my best, what is the best team and path for me to take?

2. Should I save for more revives just to be safe? This is what I have in my inventory right now, but I’ve heard people using upwards of 2000 units and I want to make sure I don’t run out before killing GM.

3. I just pulled 5* doom and I have the resources to max him or at the very least get him close. Is he worth upgrading where I’m at right now, for this quest or other uses? I also have some other 5*s I could rank if they would be useful such as duped Chavez, Shang chi, Galan, onslaught, and duped omega red.

Comments

• Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 916 ★★★★
    1. High damage dealers work best. Herc, hulkling are both of those. That said, unless you're a reverse control wizard, you really want someone immune for phase 3. From the looks of your roster, I'd say Wiccan. As for a path, there's a cosmic heavy path that starts with Phoenix (I think) that should probably be best
    2. Looks like plenty enough resources, but I have no idea of your skill level, so maybe?
    3. He's another good GM option & will be useful elsewhere, so again up.to you. Personally, I'd level up that Wiccan a little more to make GM easier

Hope this helps & good luck
  • User123456789User123456789 Member Posts: 43

1. High damage dealers work best. Herc, hulkling are both of those. That said, unless you're a reverse control wizard, you really want someone immune for phase 3. From the looks of your roster, I'd say Wiccan. As for a path, there's a cosmic heavy path that starts with Phoenix (I think) that should probably be best
    2. Looks like plenty enough resources, but I have no idea of your skill level, so maybe?
    3. He's another good GM option & will be useful elsewhere, so again up.to you. Personally, I'd level up that Wiccan a little more to make GM easier

Hope this helps & good luck

Very helpful thanks sm
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    My first run, I used ~2000 units. Some times I'd don't even get him to a wounded phase and just pounded him slowly. Also, my 2000 units was spent on revives, and I didn't go in with any revives.

You should be fine, even with sub optimal skills, for GM with your stash.
    edited August 25
    Ok so what about this team:
    Herc
    Hulkling
    Sunspot
    CGR
    Wiccan

I feel like these are my best damage dealers but I could swap in Hawkeye for one of the top four as well.

I could also swap in nimrod for the added tankiness

Does hercs red damage affect GM or is he immune to it along with DOT effects etc?
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 916 ★★★★
    Pretty sure herc's red damage does count for a damaging effect. Been awhile since I've done that fight. Imo, cgr won't be useful against GM cause you need to dex, which takes a lot of the damage away. Sunspot too, will run out of charges, unless you go sp3, which also is locked in early phases, if I remember correctly. I would drop those 2 & take scorpion, since he's tour highest ranked, & kushala for the mystic path I mentioned earlier
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★

Herc
    Hulkling
    Sunspot
    CGR
    Wiccan

I feel like these are my best damage dealers but I could swap in Hawkeye for one of the top four as well.

Does hercs red damage affect GM or is he immune to it along with DOT effects etc?

With that team you can take down Grandmaster
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,524 ★★★★★

Herc
    Hulkling
    Sunspot
    CGR
    Wiccan

You'll only be using Herc and maybe Wiccan vs the GM. Don't bother with other attackers.
    Bring a couple to do the path and maybe a synergy partner for Herc, like Black Panther or Cap IW.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    edited August 26
    I'd drop CGR and sunspot. I'd bring synergies for Herc. His red damage counts as dot for one of the prompts.

I'd drop CGR and sunspot. I'd bring synergies for Herc. His red damage counts as dot for one of the prompts.

What synergies would be best for GM?
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,913 ★★★★
    Just a tip: Hercules's Feats of Strength doesn't do damage to GM, so just be careful