With the Serpent info, should I rank this guy up?

Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
He’s pretty fun to use. I think I only have like 4 good serpent options on my deck and 2 of them are banned most of the time (Chavez and Adam). Kushala does fine enough but when there’s no additional buffs, she takes a bit longer too since she’s only r2 atm. Tigra has been my go to but I’d also like to have another counter.

From what I’ve seen, neutralize does seem to be the best option. He won’t be useful in crit me and stuff but I’m talking in a general sense. I’ve seen some cool stuff with him. He’ll pretty much exclusively be a serpent and other buff heavy counter though, so he doesn’t have the greatest range. Being able to do serpent is a pretty big deal though so I’m wondering if it’s worth it mostly for him and Wiccan handles it very well

With the Serpent info, should I rank this guy up? 75 votes

Rank Wiccan for serpent (and other buff heavy stuff)
70%
Talha305Rajathe_eradicatorphillgreenVegeta9001NojokejaymCupidHerbal_Taxmandfmoore26FunkFydaneMaxtheSilentGyanemdjerGrootman1294Justcause102Trafalgarwar96SbkruebSpadeHunterAykut387captain_rogersSarvanga1_ 53 votes
Don’t rank him
29%
CondemnedToeRagnarok13Foxhero007Scopeotoe987Gulfstream550DeNeDieLordSmasherMrBanksThe_real_IndyRawrasurusHainam219Steam97SearmenisNONYABIZZspidyjedi84ILoveDrDoomDemonSlayer6Cloudddey_broViper198787SagaChampion 22 votes

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

The only reason Wiccan was good and why Kabam called him a counter was because he was juiced up from the scrap wars node.

I’ve heard from some Wiccan players that he’s pretty good generally. Does he not finish serpent that fast in regular metas? Ik scrap wars was making him better, but idk how much better
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

The only reason Wiccan was good and why Kabam called him a counter was because he was juiced up from the scrap wars node.

I’ve heard from some Wiccan players that he’s pretty good generally. Does he not finish serpent that fast in regular metas? Ik scrap wars was making him better, but idk how much better
    Unless there are a ton of other buffs probably not, I still voted yes cause I think at this point that's the only choice we really have, better than nothing.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,080 ★★★★★
    There are very few cosmics and buff heavy champs that he doesn’t destroy.
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★
    Don’t rank him
    Emilia90 said:

I used to be a fan of Wiccan and when R3s were becoming a thing I really did want to take him up. But he’s just so slow for BGs.

One of Wiccan’s abilities is that when an immunity is triggered he places an incinerate on the opponent. He’s immune to armor break so anytime he would’ve been armor broken in scrap wars, he’d place an incinerate on the opponent.
    edited August 28

Emilia90 said:

I used to be a fan of Wiccan and when R3s were becoming a thing I really did want to take him up. But he’s just so slow for BGs.

One of Wiccan’s abilities is that when an immunity is triggered he places an incinerate on the opponent. He’s immune to armor break so anytime he would’ve been armor broken in scrap wars, he’d place an incinerate on the opponent.
    Yeah that’s fair. Do you know how fast he usually finishes in a vanilla meta? I’ve been trying to find vids but not many people run him so I haven’t seen any of how he normally does

If he’s still slower that Chavez and Kush then I’d probably see no reason to rank him. Might actually hold out for a Sym supreme in that case lol
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    edited August 29
    What rank is he now? I took up Wiccan to r2 before last BGs meta. I'll admit it was mianly because I knew he'd be good, but he's just a solid champ in general and can fill some niche roles. He was my staple reverse-control counter for Necro exploration, and the only reason I didn't rank him sooner was due to him not being awakened. But I actually ended up duping him 3 times within the month and a half before I did the rank up.
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★
    Don’t rank him
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Yeah that’s fair. Do you know how fast he usually finishes in a vanilla meta? I’ve been trying to find vids but not many people run him so I haven’t seen any of how he normally does

If he’s still slower that Chavez and Kush then I’d probably see no reason to rank him. Might actually hold out for a Sym supreme in that case lol
    I used to use my R2 against Korgs. Even with a low energy resist Korg, he can take 60 seconds punching across. There’s a reason you hardly ever see a Wiccan in anyone’s deck. I really really like the guy. He’s cool and I use him for questing. He’s just unfortunately not a great BG champ except for niche metas.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

Thanks, I was wondering why they said that.

Those metas would really mess with their data...maybe they don't care...
    edited August 29

What rank is he now? I took up Wiccan to r2 before last BGs meta. I'll admit it was mianly because I knew he'd be good, but he's just a solid champ in general and can fill some niche roles. He was my staple reverse-control counter for Necro exploration, and the only reason I didn't rank him sooner was due to him not being awakened. But I actually ended up duping him 3 times within the month and a half before I did the rank up.

He’s r1 currently and sig 40. He’d mostly just exist as a serpent counter in my deck since I hate fighting him lol

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I used to use my R2 against Korgs. Even with a low energy resist Korg, he can take 60 seconds punching across. There’s a reason you hardly ever see a Wiccan in anyone’s deck. I really really like the guy. He’s cool and I use him for questing. He’s just unfortunately not a great BG champ except for niche metas.
    Yeah I probably wouldn’t use him in 99% of matches. It’s more so exclusively the serpent fight that I was referring to, I just wasn’t sure if he killed serpent in under 70 seconds normally. That would be better than 99% of champs right now so he’d just exist to do that fight lol
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    Longtime owner of r2 Wiccan, sig 60 or 80. He’s a worthy rankup if you play BGs and AW. Like you noted, doesn’t have the best range but is perfect for his target opponents. If you play these modes, it’s great to have someone on your roster that just takes most cosmics off the board.

1 in 5 times (on avg) his neutralize will fail to stop Serpent’s immortal nonsense, but that’s just because Seepent has the silly 125% ability accuracy on that part of his kit.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    Also a sneaky Thing counter.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    Yes he does counter Serpent I went with Chavez
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Member Posts: 820 ★★★★
    edited August 29
    I have him at rank 2 and while I use him less than some other mystics I think he is a quality champ and generally is useful. His immunity to reverse controls and armor break come in handy from time to time.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    He still takes 90 sec atleast, but atleast you don't have to deal with death immunity. Wiccan is generally a good champ though.

Although I know another great counter who works everytime

The ban button

Still need to deal with protection though
    EdisonLaw said:

Still need to deal with protection though
    His damage is dot so protection won't trigger often. Although you have to keep neutralize up all the time, if you mess, you're done.

He is one of the best thing counters during x magica meta
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★
    Another good counter for Serpent is the classic champ Symbiote Supreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMKR5Wmk8Ms

His main damage source is bleed, so he is still in disadvantage against serpent. But the sp3 tank ability might be incredibly helpful.
    Hood should be a good serpent counter with all the staggers, right?
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★

His main damage source is bleed, so he is still in disadvantage against serpent. But the sp3 tank ability might be incredibly helpful.
    If you watch the video, it has nothing to do with bleed damage. Once Symbiote Supreme gets to a sp3, which is very fast due to Serpent having so many buffs, you can cycle sp2 and sp3 back to back. The big damage is with sp2 which also power drains Serpent at the same time.

Hood should be a good serpent counter with all the staggers, right?

Serpent has reduced crit penetration and crit resistance. The Hood’s staggers come from critical strikes
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    edited August 29

I literally take serpent down in a minute or so with my wiccan. 9/10 times he avoids immortality too, I have maxed assassin which gives him a super slim chance to still activate it. He can take serpent in plenty of neutral matchups provided nodes aren't against him. He won't be great this meta for him.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

In what planet is nearly timing out a good counter? 💀

He's a good but not a fast counter. Also he cannot prevent the death immunity
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

He's a good but not a fast counter. Also he cannot prevent the death immunity
    @EdisonLaw Black Widow Claire can prevent his death immunity vis her sp2

Anything that kills serpent has to be a great counter for him, lol
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Member Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    I only have ever won a round against serpent using wiccan. I don’t even find kushala vs serpent to be that comfortable.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Member Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★

Someone watched the video with their eyes closed.