Crystal Cleansing Event: Are the rewards enough to make you stop hoarding your crystals?

TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 ★★★★★
edited September 1 in General Discussion
For me, no. Just no. I have ZERO ambition for this.

I thought it would be an event worth putting the effort into, but it's not. IMO, opening 1 billion crystals is an absurd community milestone, for trash rewards. Many of the rewards are just bad and underwhelming. I don't expect them to be super OP, but they could have been better than the irrlevant 5* shards, and outdated 6* shards that benefits smaller accounts. And who needs a crystal profile pic and a title???

The best things we'll be getting out of this are 1,000 7* shards, 10 revives, 300 units, and an exalted crystal? (which is really going to be a 6* champ, but even those are not that impressive for the ending milestone we have to reach.

Where's the incentive for higher progression players?

MCOC hoarders, what are your honest thoughts on the event? Do these rewards motivate you to open your hoarded crystals?

*Note: If I'm wrong about the event, I'll gladly stand corrected.

Comments

• TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 ★★★★★

This is just a trial run of the event. They said that the rewards would be low for this one

Hmmm ok. Was this mentioned on their discord?
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 425 ★★★

This is just a trial run of the event. They said that the rewards would be low for this one

No. The orignal livestream last month
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 ★★★★★
    edited September 1

No. The orignal livestream last month
    Ok thanks. I don't get to see their livestreams
  • AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 223
    Not sure of the discord but they did mention on the stream that this is a trial event for a bigger event later...
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    What are the rewards? Is there any infographic or announcement?
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,966 ★★★★

What are the rewards? Is there any infographic or announcement?

Milestone info is on their site:
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/crystal-cleansing-realm-event/
  • MachoGamerMachoGamer Member Posts: 14
    I have about 800 quest crystals, I'll just open those and that's all. I think that's enough of a contribution for the rewards we're getting
  • tpeters85tpeters85 Member Posts: 58
    I pretty much only hoard lower-end crystals (quest, arena boost, t3 and t4 class catalyst crystals, etc.) and the only reason I do it is because opening them is too much of a chore when I'm only able to pop 10 at a time and then have to deal with an insane overflow in my stash. When I first heard "crystal cleanse event", I was hoping that we could do a large batch crystal trade-in even if we only got milestone rewards out of it. I would be happy to unload the crystals I've been hoarding if Kabam could make the process quicker and more convenient.
  • allinashesallinashes Member Posts: 824 ★★★
    I won't open much of my lil hoard. Just what I would open normally and maybe a few thousand gold crystals just to feel like I contributed.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★
    There should be some incentive to open those arena boost, solo shard and T4CC frag crystals. At least you get something now for opening them.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    I just know all the players spamming disagrees are not higher than TB
    Also I'm a chief crystal hoarder, I practically do not open crystals (unless I have to) and I never have to because I always have resources in overflow (I'm practically rich in game lmao),I still have crystals from when versus mode in arena was a thing, even act 1 crystals.I open 7* star crystals but began saving mine as well as titan for banquet season where I intend to do a big opening. This event is not encouraging me to open even my Gold crystals AT ALL. What am I gonna do with 5* shards, I literally have a million and I haven't opened a 5* since early 2023. Unless there is a huge milestone that I haven't seen and this crystal opening spree has anything to do with the 7* cheeilth or any upcoming event, I most likely will not be taking time out of my day to participate in this
  • ShodaiHighkageShodaiHighkage Member Posts: 82
    This event just seems like a way to waste my crystals hoarding stash tbh. Not at all enthused with this. I already made this mistake during the trial run for the super event and was left with no crystals for 4 hr and 22 hr events as a result.

These paltry rewards aren't even worth the time it takes to consider them.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    You just “boom”ed 😅 it’s a test bro, the rewards are secondary
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★

For me, no. Just no. I have ZERO ambition for this.

I thought it would be an event worth putting the effort into, but it's not. IMO, opening 1 billion crystals is an absurd community milestone...

In fairness, the Road to the Crypt milestones for Necropolis probably seemed fairly absurd when they were announced.

The initial milestones peaked at 5 million; but ultimately the community managed over 11 million deaths in the Necropolis 🤷‍♂️
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★
    What I want the most is the T1 Primodal dust. I know most Valian summoners don't upgrade 6 stars but I still do so this is a nice bonus for doing nothing extra. If the incentive was better I'm sure we could do some crazy numbers but it's still free and I will take it.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    Glassback said:

NONYABIZZ said:

I just know all the players spamming disagrees are not higher than TB
    Also I'm a chief crystal hoarder, I practically do not open crystals (unless I have to) and I never have to because I always have resources in overflow (I'm practically rich in game lmao),I still have crystals from when versus mode in arena was a thing, even act 1 crystals.I open 7* star crystals but began saving mine as well as titan for banquet season where I intend to do a big opening. This event is not encouraging me to open even my Gold crystals AT ALL. What am I gonna do with 5* shards, I literally have a million and I haven't opened a 5* since early 2023. Unless there is a huge milestone that I haven't seen and this crystal opening spree has anything to do with the 7* cheeilth or any upcoming event, I most likely will not be taking time out of my day to participate in this

Trouble is, accounts like yours are literally the problem with server use from all of the crystals hoarded. There’s no benefit to keeping them but hoarding them just slows the game down.

Pure selfish imo. And posting a semi brag about it is a whole move in itself 🙄
    And you got this information from where exactly??? Did kabam tell you this personally?
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Member Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Nope