Maestro’s sp2 energy penetration passive is currently nonfunctional

SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 250 ★★★
Maestro’s sp2 grants him an energy penetration passive during superior rage, which allows his attacks to ignore 50% of the opponent’s energy resistance. However, it doesn’t appear to actually be granting any benefit at all currently. Shown below is a practice fight against Absorbing man in magma form, who has a whopping ~80% energy resistance. Despite Maestro having his energy penetration passive active in one picture and not active in the other, the sp1 hit damage appears identical (I didn’t take the pictures at exactly the same point but note both images have a hit dealing an identical 349 damage). In addition, the sp1 bursts of energy damage aren’t benefitting either, dealing the same damage* in both images.

*The energy penetration passive states that it only ignores energy resistance during attacks, but it should still apply to the sp1 burst damage since it occurs immediately on hit. I checked DLL’s breakdown video on Maestro to confirm that he explicitly stated as such.

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    So instead of 1144, it should do 1.5x more damage. I think this is a bug, as it's probably unintended
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 250 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

So instead of 1144, it should do 1.5x more damage. I think this is a bug, as it's probably unintended

I’m not entirely sure how the math should work with this. Probably not 1.5x, I imagine either the opponent’s raw energy resist stat is halved or their effective energy resistance percentage is. Either way there shouldn’t be literally no difference that’s for sure.