Point farming in bgs!!

MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 177 ★★
So almost a year ago Kabam made a statement that intentionally losing in VT with energy to farm points against easier opponents would be a punishable offense (as it should be).

Recently found out how big and widespread this issue still is. This is something that affects every single player in the game. The scores keep increasing and lower tier players take a beating. There seems to be a consensus among people who keeps on exploiting this that Kabam in fact won't take action against it anymore!

Either something is or isn't cheating and i would really like kabam to clarify their stance on this and hopefully do more about it

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,887 ★★★★★

Its not cheating, its cheap and low, unsportsmanlike conduct.
    Small accounts are gonna get a beating anyway.

It's not technically cheating but it's a bannable offense.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 177 ★★

They were confident they could restart raids yesterday too... So yeah...
    Have nothing to do with this
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,300 ★★★★★

They might not be able to detect it as well as they claimed. Also the new 2-1 coin system makes point farming leas effective.
    I am not justifying or in favor of this conduct, just don't think it can be punished as well as they claim.

So is this complaining about getting wins over bigger accounts that don't do anything or is this about running into valiants in lower levels? I've played about a total of ten battleground matches this season and am in diamond 1. I'm not sandbagging, I just haven't gotten around to getting to Gladiator circuit yet. There's been a lot of time limited content so I can totally get people just getting their three wins and doing something else.

Its very specific to people who intentionally lose matches with energy in VT to continuously match easier accounts to farm points with elder marks.

They might not be able to detect it as well as they claimed. Also the new 2-1 coin system makes point farming leas effective.
    I am not justifying or in favor of this conduct, just don't think it can be punished as well as they claim.
    It doesn't make it less effective. The point is point farming is to increase their scores towards solo and alliance event which they still do and it keeps raising the scores for everyone. Im not gonna comment on what kabam can and can't do. Thats up to them.

Im simply bringing up an issue i have and how they go about it is up to them. But i would absolutely like clarification
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 248 ★★
    I guess that makes sense. I just have always found it easier to just use elder marks for every fight because eventually you run out of Elder Marks if you don't advance. It seems like a very unfun way to play.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★

So almost a year ago Kabam made a statement that intentionally losing in VT with energy to farm points against easier opponents would be a punishable offense (as it should be).

Recently found out how big and widespread this issue still is. This is something that affects every single player in the game. The scores keep increasing and lower tier players take a beating. There seems to be a consensus among people who keeps on exploiting this that Kabam in fact won't take action against it anymore!

Either something is or isn't cheating and i would really like kabam to clarify their stance on this and hopefully do more about it

I did it a while ago. Didn't hurt anyone and got my rewards. It was a massive pain. Ready for the hate! Bring on the "aksually, you're cheating and ruining this game!" People.

It doesn't make it less effective. The point is point farming is to increase their scores towards solo and alliance event which they still do and it keeps raising the scores for everyone. Im not gonna comment on what kabam can and can't do. Thats up to them.

Im simply bringing up an issue i have and how they go about it is up to them. But i would absolutely like clarification
    That was there most recent answer though, that it was less effective because of seeding and the new point system.
    I don't know, i thought farming was cheap, then you see solo scores in the millions and you just realize that with farming or not, those scores are ridiculous and just move on.

As I said in another thread, since the changes to the Victory track this isn't nearly as big of an issue. Before those changes, players farming points created a zero sum game, for every match they won, they only gave up one medal. Now, for every match someone farming wins, they have to give up four medals to other players. It doesn't create nearly the same negative experience that it used to, and if someone is farming they are actually accelerating average players in their climb.

Having said that, our position hasn't changed. We have monitoring in place and the most egregious abusers are often punished. We intend to be stricter in our enforcement next season, when the Global Event will make farming more tempting.

Okay so a little abuse is okay but not too much? Got it. Just asking cause i sent in a pretty big one and dudes still doing it with not a single care in the world. It accelerating players is one thing. You are completely ignoring the actual solo and ally event factor also

That was there most recent answer though, that it was less effective because of seeding and the new point system.
    I don't know, i thought farming was cheap, then you see solo scores in the millions and you just realize that with farming or not, those scores are ridiculous and just move on.
    Well i personally know people that do this up to those scores. If thats not considered egregious then i guess we are all good to go
    PT_99 said:

Blame Kabam,
    The difficulty in victory track and gladiator circuit is day and night difference right?

Then WHY winning in gladiator circuit give same solo milestone points as victory track?
    Why will avg player want to farm and waste elder marks when he can farm in lower ranks?

Gladiator circut needs to give more points per win to encourage big accounts to move up asap,

But no 😃 same points just harder fights.
    Oh well, players will ALWAYS get those SAME POINTS in easier fights.

Why not both? People exploiting stuff in game or finding "loopholes" as some say have taken away so much from us already. Gift badge and story legend runs to name 2 at the top of my head.

PT_99 said:

Blame Kabam,
    The difficulty in victory track and gladiator circuit is day and night difference right?

Then WHY winning in gladiator circuit give same solo milestone points as victory track?
    Why will avg player want to farm and waste elder marks when he can farm in lower ranks?

Gladiator circut needs to give more points per win to encourage big accounts to move up asap,

But no 😃 same points just harder fights.
    Oh well, players will ALWAYS get those SAME POINTS in easier fights.

Why not both? People exploiting stuff in game or finding "loopholes" as some say have taken away so much from us already. Gift badge and story legend runs to name 2 at the top of my head.
    Just do your best and live with it, we are talking about a game where the same accounts rank top 10.in arenas for years and those accounts are not banned, even though its physically impossible for those people to grind 24/7
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
    edited September 4
    @MorningstarIsBae you do realize that you're still going to be getting free wins when they forfeit out? And now since you have to burn 30 energy each time (sinxe theres 2 medals per win) its a huge energy sink for them, and on average youll get even more wins. Or are you just that bad at the game that you lose to people not doing this and needed some kind of excuse to cope with?
    Polygon said:

@MorningstarIsBae you do realize that you're still going to be getting free wins when they forfeit out? And now since you have to burn 30 energy each time (sinxe theres 2 marks) its a huge energy sink. Or are you just that bad at the game that you lose to people not doing this and needed some kind of excuse to cope with?

Talk about jumping to conclusions. My main account is celestial level and my mini i have no issue reaching gc. U got way too offended over this

Polygon said:

@MorningstarIsBae you do realize that you're still going to be getting free wins when they forfeit out? And now since you have to burn 30 energy each time (sinxe theres 2 marks) its a huge energy sink. Or are you just that bad at the game that you lose to people not doing this and needed some kind of excuse to cope with?

Talk about jumping to conclusions. My main account is celestial level and my mini i have no issue reaching gc. U got way too offended over this
    You literally said "The scores keep increasing and lower tier players take a beating. " in your post. Why make a post and complain about it if you have no issues reaching GC?
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

You literally said "The scores keep increasing and lower tier players take a beating. " in your post. Why make a post and complain about it if you have no issues reaching GC?
    You answered your own question. The scores keep increasing.... jesus dude.. but yeah i guess it would be pretty dumb of me the be concerned with something that affects others than me aswell
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    My understanding is these bans happen in waves (and also they can’t flag every type of behavior that could be points farming cause there’ll be a lot of false positives. For example, someone might start a fight, then their baby starts crying so they have to put it down or something like that so they can only ban the most egregious cases)

My understanding is these bans happen in waves (and also they can’t flag every type of behavior that could be points farming cause there’ll be a lot of false positives. For example, someone might start a fight, then their baby starts crying so they have to put it down or something like that so they can only ban the most egregious cases)

I get that 100%. I probably wouldn't be here making a post if it wasnt for a pretty severe case i reported that was decided wasnt bad enough apparently.

It just sends a message that this is okay. And its shelling just in bgs so why not continue that in aw aswell.

Just to clarify im against all forms of cheating as again its cost the entire playerbase things for years and that obviously sucks

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

You answered your own question. The scores keep increasing.... jesus dude.. but yeah i guess it would be pretty dumb of me the be concerned with something that affects others than me aswell
    So now this post is for lower tier players when you apparently are in Celestial? If that was true you wouldve phrased your post differently than "low tier players keep getting abused" and replying to Crashed saying "so some abuse is allowed". You're just salty because you didnt score as high in the milestones. But if you really were in Celestial your win loss ratio combined witb the marks we get , you should have no issue competing with the higher level.
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

So now this post is for lower tier players when you apparently are in Celestial? If that was true you wouldve phrased your post differently than "low tier players keep getting abused" and replying to Crashed saying "so some abuse is allowed". You're just salty because you didnt score as high in the milestones. But if you really were in Celestial your win loss ratio combined witb the marks we get , you should have no issue competing with the higher level.
    No this post is about the entirety. For me personally i am affected by how much higher these people can score in solo and ally event in way less time. You are so out to get a gotcha moment that you aren't making any sense. Im not here to argue with you
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 437 ★★★
    Might be a bad take, but having ranked rewards tied into solo milestones is probably the reason we still see these posts. If there was a VT solo milestones with no rank rewards, then it would still offer an incentive for new accounts to play and then force the bigger accounts into accessing the rewards they want when they reach GC.

Let's be real, the solo milestones and ranked rewards for the solo event aren't much for a high tiered player, so I never really understood why people would want to camp in VT to begin with. Most stop using Elder marks after reaching 300k anyway.
    edited September 4
    As much as I love this game from the beginning, it must be one of the most exploited games out there.
    Its like everything released or available has a loophole somewhere, and its a constant chase of fixing that loophole.