This month’s Paragon gauntlet objective doesn’t require saga champs?

SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 250 ★★★

This month’s paragon gauntlet objective does not require you to use saga-tagged champions like basically all the previous ones have; it just asks you to not use the choice nodes. I wanted to get an official confirmation if possible if this was intentional or if this is a text error, because that definitely changes the planning involved (I was not looking forward to figuring out a roster that could handle both the Attuma and Sinister alongside the other 4 bosses).

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 ★★★★★
    Maybe cuz the attuma boss is too limting?
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,753 ★★★★★

No as mutants are saga so thats not the case
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 250 ★★★
    Bendy said:

The Attuma boss is a problem because he has the pleasure to burn node, so you need incinerate. Can’t exactly use most of the saga-tagged mutants against him because of that (unless you want a 20 minute fight).
    edited September 4
    Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

The Attuma boss is a problem because he has the pleasure to burn node, so you need incinerate. Can’t exactly use most of the saga-tagged mutants against him because of that (unless you want a 20 minute fight).
    Theres a negasonic bishop whats the problem? We also have wiccan mephisto kushala so no its not due to attuma
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 250 ★★★
    You also got biohazard delirium Sinister which is the other major issue. Unless you bring OS or play very carefully with Kushala that’s two of your slots that would have to be taken with specific counters and 4 other fights to plan for. I’m sure it’s possible but it’d be a pretty restrictive challenge if it were Saga-champs only, which is why I think they may have relaxed the saga restriction this month (unless they haven’t in which case they hopefully clarify so soon).
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    Sound a lot like free stuff to me🤷🏻‍♂️😅
    Squidopus said:

You also got biohazard delirium Sinister which is the other major issue. Unless you bring OS or play very carefully with Kushala that’s two of your slots that would have to be taken with specific counters and 4 other fights to plan for. I’m sure it’s possible but it’d be a pretty restrictive challenge if it were Saga-champs only, which is why I think they may have relaxed the saga restriction this month (unless they haven’t in which case they hopefully clarify so soon).

Id say most likely this month can be done with just mutant tech tbh like im probs using saga anyway since the saga stuff was what made it a challenge
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,277 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

Shuri still wrecked him in EQ...

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

How? 10 mins fight? He has pleasure to burn node
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,277 ★★★★★
    edited September 4

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

How? 10 mins fight? He has pleasure to burn node
    No just a regular fight 🤷
    I didnt even read the node, just went in like that.

Hey. Did anyone tried it? Do we need to use saga champs or using normal champs will complete the objective?
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,096 ★★★★★
    I didn't even notice that, and used saga champs. Took one revive on attuma with sinister.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 868 ★★★
    Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

Negasonic is saga, that’s who I used
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 396 ★★★

Hey. Did anyone tried it? Do we need to use saga champs or using normal champs will complete the objective?

it doesn't require saga champions

i did it with herc, omega sentinel & ironheart
    Wolf911 said:

Thanks a lot wolf
    Wolf911 said:

I think it was supposed to be saga based but they forgot to include it since every month since sagas has been saga tags
    Somehow dot effects are able to bypass pleasure to burn node in attuma.
  • IlociaMIlociaM Member Posts: 107
    This saga Champs are very weak I'm glad they don't required them
  • AshadowAshadow Member Posts: 6
    I did it with Saga champs.
    Absorbing Man, Dust, and Immortal Abomination.

Unfortunately the monthly quest is no longer fun, the rewards are terrible for Paragon and above, and considered a waste of time by most.
    I also think restrictions are removed because participation is at an all time low.

I think Kabam has given up on the monthly event quest.
  • felanomafelanoma Member Posts: 51
    Nice to know, i was fighting slowly trying saga champs, but this saga my champs are not as high as last saga.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    I used Sunspot for Attuma, Howard the God for Morbius and Sinister (that fight was a pain), and Piggy for everything else.
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 334 ★★
    edited September 8
    I didn't even notice that it wasn't saga champs. I did it with NTW 7*R2, Abs man 6*R6 and Weapon X 6*R6 it was easier than a lot of previous gauntlets with the saga champs. Boosted up and used 0 revives 0 health potions.
    Morbius - Weapon X
    Attuma - NTW
    Sinister - Abs Man
    Red Skull - Abs Man
    Sharthra - Abs Man
    Count - NTW + Weapon X
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    Shuri, warlock and silk got it done for me.

Shuri for attuma and warlock for sinister. The rest were forgettable.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,102 ★★★★★
    I used all saga champs, it was no problem