Quick 7* Nexus input

OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
So I opened up an event nexus and am looking for some quick input

I’m 95% sure I’m going to with Howard the God. Since I don’t get much loyalty as I’m in a very small Alliance that doesn’t do War, my odds of awakening him are low. I’ve already got him at R2 and certainly his awakened ability helps - makes him a bit more of a dual threat, but importantly makes him a counter to a number of annoying champs such as Domino.

I’m definitely not going to take more sigs on my Morbius as I don’t think I see a reason to ever rank him. That leaves the other option as a new pull of the Destroyer. I’m REALLY stacked with my Mystic defenders - Sassy at sig 40 and R3, Mangog at Sig 100, Maw at Sig 40, Kindred, and Chavez (although she isn’t as much of a dual threat as she used to be). I’m also pretty stacked on offense with Juggs, Chavez, and a recently duped Kushala. So, since Destoyer has a long ramp and still is a bit mid on offense I’m not seeing a compelling case for taking him given my current roster.

That said, there is possible I’m missing something so welcome any input the community has to offer.

Quick 7* Nexus input 93 votes

Dupe Howard the God
19%
BigTuna_2054Ragnarok13ContestOfNoobsrcm2017blurblotTJ107TheApologizerKingsKrewTotalMonster110Cap_MuricaCoach_G1KatzerN0madHighlander2Cloudddey_broGalactikDonutJLordVileJTheshadow 18 votes
Take the new champ - Destroyer
78%
RaulvallecaSsfu_koraxMaverick75captaincushCropDusterMasterduxSw0rdMastercscale0725_gmailMightyDZAWicket329MaxtheSilentJakearoundwvonkButtehrsLordSmasherpeixemacacoBerserker22captain_rogersSarvanga1_Ewell65SSS69 73 votes
More sigs on Morbius
2%
bhuv9191The_0wenpus 2 votes

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    HTD doesn't need dupe unless you wanna take domino, which a lot of other champs do better.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    @Karatemike415 not sure you are lurking in the forums right now but know you are a HtG fan - what do you think?
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
    Agreed
    Surprised Midstroyer is getting this level of support vs. Howard the God.

I get the ‘new champ’ thing, but I’ve got a pretty big 7* roster at this point and still am struggling to see the role Destroyer can play vs. Juggs, Chavez, Kushala, Sassy, Maw, Mangog, Kindred, Dragon Man, Wiccan, Sorc Supreme, Deathless Guilly, Sig Witch, and Mojo - all of which I have on my 7* mystic roster. Can someone who knows him well help me out? If he is just going to be another Arena fodder champ for me I’d rather dup Howard who I actually use.
    DocWest said:

Just take Howard since that’s who you clearly want

Thanks - just seeing if there a reason other than ‘he is a new champ’. If that is it I’ll take the Howard dup for sure
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Member Posts: 1,558 ★★★★
    Dupe Howard the God
    Go for the dupe, since you want Howard and you might aswel r3 him and show him some gameplay!!
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★
    Destroyer is kinda mid I suppose but don’t throw stones in a glass house and all.

Destroyer’s got some neat tools, namely a full counter to indestructible buffs (mystic ward and nullify immunity can’t stop it), dual immunities + protection passives that reduce ALL damage, and damage of its own to easily put most things in the dirt (just not in a bg timeframe unless you’ve got a good matchup/meta). It’s also a decent defender that can trip up some people up and wall out some champs. The main caveat is that it really wants its sig ability (sig 1 helps on its own, but high sig is great for extra protection) but hey can’t dupe it unless you pull it first.

None of that really matters though because you’ve made it pretty clear that you wanted HtD above all so just pick the one you want. Honestly you shouldn’t have made a poll, just pick Howard. Game’s about using who you want so go at it, no use waiting.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 ★★★★★
    You want us to make a compelling argument for Destroyer, but you already have your mind made up on HTD lol
    Squidopus said:

Destroyer is kinda mid I suppose but don’t throw stones in a glass house and all.

Destroyer’s got some neat tools, namely a full counter to indestructible buffs (mystic ward and nullify immunity can’t stop it), dual immunities + protection passives that reduce ALL damage, and damage of its own to easily put most things in the dirt (just not in a bg timeframe unless you’ve got a good matchup/meta). It’s also a decent defender that can trip up some people up and wall out some champs. The main caveat is that it really wants its sig ability (sig 1 helps on its own, but high sig is great for extra protection) but hey can’t dupe it unless you pull it first.

None of that really matters though because you’ve made it pretty clear that you wanted HtD above all so just pick the one you want. Honestly you shouldn’t have made a poll, just pick Howard. Game’s about using who you want so go at it, no use waiting.

Thanks @Squidopus - your response is exactly what I was hoping for. Definitely came in with a bias for HtG for all the reasons I mentioned above, but I prefer to make data driven rational decisions when possible and frankly didn’t have enough data on Destroyer to feel like I was able to do so. A few of the vids I checked out didn’t cover his capabilities as clearly as you did, so thank you.

Will give it some further thought given the clarity and then make the call.

• Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,320 ★★★★★
    The best advice has already been given, which is do what you’ll have the most fun with.

The second best advice, however, is that awakening gems are inevitable. Champion pulls are not.

I generally counsel that unless the dupe is absolutely critical to the usefulness of the champ (I’m talking Aegon levels of impact), take the new champ and get a new toy to play with.
  • Hickdog27Hickdog27 Member Posts: 140 ★★
    Remember when we needed these?
  • Hickdog27Hickdog27 Member Posts: 140 ★★

• peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,265 ★★★★
    Destroyer and dont look back....Morbius is coming after you
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

The best advice has already been given, which is do what you’ll have the most fun with.

The second best advice, however, is that awakening gems are inevitable. Champion pulls are not.

I generally counsel that unless the dupe is absolutely critical to the usefulness of the champ (I’m talking Aegon levels of impact), take the new champ and get a new toy to play with.

The gems may take a lot longer for those that are f2p though. I'm in a similar boat as OP, i took sparky and masacre with this very reasoning of AGs being available before the champs in that selector, and I've been waiting on the AG patiently before i r3 sparky but it just seems like its going to be a while. Plus, myself and OP would need to be lucky and specifically get tech from the AG anyway.
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    My r3 sig 50 destroyer would like to have a talk with you
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,085 ★★★★★
    edited September 7
    Destroyer is pretty decent, I wished he got a tune up, but since Ironheart didn't get one, it was unlikely.

Either way, he excels when there are a lot of buffs because he can gain his charges faster. Without buffs, he relies on intercepting and punishing special attacks. In long fights go for the SP3 after getting the power gain, in short fights, sp2 spam after power gain. Also he can be a bit annoying to fight but he gets nuked by many science champs though
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Member Posts: 719 ★★★
    This is obvious, there is no real doubt.