Midchantress

2»

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

The disagrees are from those who bought the pre-release bundles thinking they had another Serpent level defender in their hands lol I bet that aged pretty well for them 😂

In war I’d much rather fight serpent. The amount of RNG fighting her is ridiculous. Sometimes she goes down easily, but other times she gets BS spells like “evade all knockdown” on a war node that requires you knock her down. Or unstoppable when dashing. I think the inconsistency is what makes her so annoying to fight.
    That's only because there aren't any nasty nodes that synergize well with Serpent's kit in AW, if there were it'd be a different story I'm sure.
    Also, there are plenty of champs with easy access to slow or decelerate (some heavy, some sp1) so I haven't really struggled with any of that personally, I have taken some unavoidable damage but not to the point I'd call her a 5/5 on defense. Nodes can be nasty for sure but I'd argue hazard shift is worse than any of the heavy or intercept ones, and even then I don't think she's 5/5 more like 4/5. She is however a 3/5 in BGs 90% of the time, haven't lost to her once since I learned how to fight her.
    I agree with you, Serpent is the better defender especially in BG. I just personally hate fighting champs where it’s an RnG fiesta. With Serpent I know what I’m fighting, he’s annoying and I don’t like to fight him 😂 but atleast I can reliably counter him and replicate it each time.

With enchantress she has the 3 prompts for how to take away the passive damage but on top of that is random spells like “evade all knockdowns” “untouchable” or “unstoppable while dashing” just feels like so much to keep track of ontop of whatever the nodes make you do. I don’t think she’s a good addition to the game and with the currently limited pool of tactic attackers she’s my least favorite to see in war.
    I get what you mean then, I'm not fully sure how the combinations work either and I probably won't be learning that cause it sounds like a massive pain. My advice, just remember this: disable heavy punish spell first always, if she doesn't have that one active then disable knockdown spell first, if she doesn't have either of them active then you don't have to worry about untouchable or unstoppable you can just intercept safely and get rid of everything pretty quickly.
    So far, this strategy has been the easiest way to counter her and I haven't run into any trouble so far by doing this. Maybe I will eventually but doing it this way has been extremely reliable and consistent for me.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★

The disagrees are from those who bought the pre-release bundles thinking they had another Serpent level defender in their hands lol I bet that aged pretty well for them 😂

In war I’d much rather fight serpent. The amount of RNG fighting her is ridiculous. Sometimes she goes down easily, but other times she gets BS spells like “evade all knockdown” on a war node that requires you knock her down. Or unstoppable when dashing. I think the inconsistency is what makes her so annoying to fight.
    That's only because there aren't any nasty nodes that synergize well with Serpent's kit in AW, if there were it'd be a different story I'm sure.
    Also, there are plenty of champs with easy access to slow or decelerate (some heavy, some sp1) so I haven't really struggled with any of that personally, I have taken some unavoidable damage but not to the point I'd call her a 5/5 on defense. Nodes can be nasty for sure but I'd argue hazard shift is worse than any of the heavy or intercept ones, and even then I don't think she's 5/5 more like 4/5. She is however a 3/5 in BGs 90% of the time, haven't lost to her once since I learned how to fight her.
    I agree with you, Serpent is the better defender especially in BG. I just personally hate fighting champs where it’s an RnG fiesta. With Serpent I know what I’m fighting, he’s annoying and I don’t like to fight him 😂 but atleast I can reliably counter him and replicate it each time.

With enchantress she has the 3 prompts for how to take away the passive damage but on top of that is random spells like “evade all knockdowns” “untouchable” or “unstoppable while dashing” just feels like so much to keep track of ontop of whatever the nodes make you do. I don’t think she’s a good addition to the game and with the currently limited pool of tactic attackers she’s my least favorite to see in war.
    I get what you mean then, I'm not fully sure how the combinations work either and I probably won't be learning that cause it sounds like a massive pain. My advice, just remember this: disable heavy punish spell first always, if she doesn't have that one active then disable knockdown spell first, if she doesn't have either of them active then you don't have to worry about untouchable or unstoppable you can just intercept safely and get rid of everything pretty quickly.
    So far, this strategy has been the easiest way to counter her and I haven't run into any trouble so far by doing this. Maybe I will eventually but doing it this way has been extremely reliable and consistent for me.
    Samsies. I'd rather utilise my time revising spanish than studying her kit
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★

Thanks for the tips. I was too lazy to read all of her kit and didn’t realize removing the spell removed those passive effects, I just thought it took away the passive damage when she throws specials. Still annoying on the unstoppable heavy node since there’s not many slow tactic champs. Might be worth just eating a last heavy hit to remove those annoying spells.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

Samsies. I'd rather utilise my time revising spanish than studying her kit
    It's pretty simple to understand

Green: Punish heavy
    Orange: Intecept
    Purple: Knockdown.

Memorize these and you'll be fine.
  • Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 179 ★★
    Or when you’re fighting her, pause the fight and read the abilities from there.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

Thanks for the tips. I was too lazy to read all of her kit and didn’t realize removing the spell removed those passive effects, I just thought it took away the passive damage when she throws specials. Still annoying on the unstoppable heavy node since there’s not many slow tactic champs. Might be worth just eating a last heavy hit to remove those annoying spells.
    I honestly have no idea what removes what but that's the strategy I use lol oh and if she gets all three do them in that order too. I think that's pretty much it.
    And yeah just eat the last heavy hit when she's on those nodes, you will lose health for sure but you won't die.
  • UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 557 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Serpent is the more broken defender that you can’t really overcome with skill.
    Only in bgs in war there’s so many good counters to him cause you no longer need good health or speed
  • Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Member Posts: 261 ★★
    Almost as mid as serpent
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,684 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Emilia90 said:

She’s pretty easy yeah lol. I kinda just cook her with anyone, red goat literally nukes her sub 30. I’m assuming on war nodes she’d be pretty annoying in some places though
    Who tf is red goat?
    Red Guardian?
    David Harbour
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,923 ★★★★
    Once you understand how her magic charms work, she's becomes a pretty easy defender
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 401 ★★★
    edited September 13

GC Quantum

rank 3 sig 20 Midchantress VS rank 3 HULK

EDIT : No way both her and 🐍 are both 5/5 show me a similar time against rank 3 sig 20 🐍 using any champ in the game
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 405 ★★
    Three words only for this: WHAT THE SIGMA?