Current Champion Design Team

2»

Comments

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

You know what’s crazy… is how stubborn they are to tweak any 2024 champs. They are all perfect on target champs per our balancing team… but then let’s think of this in term ls of 2023 champs. Shuri would have never been buffed into relevance, who cares if her kit wasn’t practical.

Shuri was designed as a long form content high damage champion, she wasn't hitting that so she was rebalanced. It's got nothing to do with the year she was buffed
    She was soloing Abyss fights prebuff just fine as designed, it was stressful but it worked. She had 0 value outside of that… like Northstar who I’m sure we will be told is perfectly balanced. The year she was balanced had everything to do with her getting balanced. Her initial design would have made her a top 5 attacker in 2024
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Skill issue.

Well there is no skilling around Serpent since you can’t dex him unless you nullify his true focus. Bullseye, if you don’t have a bleed immune, even if you dex his specials you’ll still take bleed dmg
    Serpent I’ll definitely give you. Defenders requiring immunities isn’t new though. Morningstar bleeds you on contact, Iceman inflicts coldsnap at the start of the fight, Hulkbuster inflicts shock when you crit against him etc. I think this is just the cycle of this game: release a champion with not a lot of counters at the time, everybody complains that there are no counters. Time passes, people figure out better counters + more counters are released. Champion isn’t considered a hard defender anymore. Remember when Dormammu was considered an unfair defender?