I know he is rare, but anyone using him for anything significant?

OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
edited September 9 in General Discussion
Managed to pull this guy today out of one of the event 7* crystals. Definitely a champ I like - he got me through some content a couple of years ago for sure. But haven’t had much cause to use him much over the last year or two given newer tech champs and more recently the 7* tech champs. Reasonably happy with the pull since I don’t do large Alliance Raids so otherwise would never have had a chance to pull him.

I’m sure he hits hard as a 7*, but wondering if those few folks that have him have seen him shine anywhere in particular?

Comments

• Burrito2525Burrito2525 Member Posts: 515 ★★★
    I would send him to r3 so fast.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    Yes, I’m definitely happy with the pull. I’m going to at least R2 him to use him though as I’ve got a 6* sitting at R4 and max sig so otherwise there wouldn’t be a point. I’d have to think about whether I’d want to R3 him unawakened though.
  • CsuttonCsutton Member Posts: 224 ★★
    Dude, 7* ultron is amazing. The immunities, regen, great dot and hit damage when played right. He’s a banger! I’d at least r2
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,914 ★★★★
    Ultron is a pretty overlooked tech champ imo. He's immune to both Poison and Bleed, has great Power Control, and also great debuffs. Great pull man
  • Cloudddey_broCloudddey_bro Member Posts: 260 ★★★
    I also lucked out any pulled him. He has everything you’d want in the tech class but he doesn’t really counter any meta defenders. Nonetheless I would rank 3 him just cause he’s cool as hell.
  • LesktheGlut_666LesktheGlut_666 Member Posts: 77
    Nothing like a brag post lol
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    I'll r3 him immediately just for the flex.

His sig ability is dope, But he is good without it. Also he applies degens against mutants, Which is very unique and not countered by any mutants. He is definitely useful in bgs as a 7*, and is a cool tactic champ.

If you're a whale and going to buy the opening ceremonies deal, use the awakening gem on him without a second thought.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    Fairly middle of the road champ. He's being hyped because of how rare he is but most wouldn't r6 Ultron and that's pretty telling. He's about the same tier as Namor.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,085 ★★★★★
    I would r2 him, he’s quite good
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,210 ★★★★★

Fairly middle of the road champ. He's being hyped because of how rare he is but most wouldn't r6 Ultron and that's pretty telling. He's about the same tier as Namor.

Bro is smoking something CRAZY
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,085 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Bro is smoking something CRAZY
    Probably marijuana or tobacco