I know it was done to balance Orochi but I feel like this was unnecessary

PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
I was kinda confused when I saw a boss named Orochi had only 6 lives instead of 8, then I found out they were removed to 'balance' her?? And once I looked at the phases THEY WEREN'T EVEN HARD, and she doesn't even have a chunky health pool.
So I feel like this was done to shorten the fight BUT WHY?? Why give her 6 lives instead of 8, if you're gonna go with a theme atleast fully commit to it. Most people probably don't even care about it but the 8 headed serpent having 6 lives kinda ticks me off a little

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,086 ★★★★★
    edited September 12
    Also her PI is only around 50k. Around the same as an act 6 boss. I think it’s to make up for her 6 lives though
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★

Next thing you know a dev comes in saying, "sorry guys it was a typo, it was supoosed to have 16 lives."

Wouldn’t bother me I have no reason to fight her again. I do think she was suspiciously easy
    She's wayy too easy for an act boss tbh, I'm pretty sure fighting base serpent in BGs is harder than taking her down

They could of given her 42 lives and it still wouldn't be as bad as a decently leveled Serpent boss. I think it's less to do with balance and more to.just trim it down. Phase 1 to 5 are very much exactly the same thing, adding 2 more onto that is just not needed. If there was something to make the phases more different then adding the other 2 phases back would have been justified

See that's also part of the problem she's not where near the difficulty of the previous ouroboros bosses.
    She feels wayy to easy to take out. Her kit overall isn't as intersting or challenging as the act 8 bosses
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,966 ★★★★
    I won't complain about easy bosses. I was expecting it to be similar to Scytalis but Oruchi seems more easier. I m okie with my Lady D/Shuri/Ironheart going pew pew each phase. Maybe 3 phases with same stipulations and more health pool could have been better.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Does shuri works for her well?
    edited September 12
    Have seen her on multiple lists so my I guess is she does

• AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,966 ★★★★

Yeah techies with aromour ups and many debuffs is key. Lady D, Shuri and Ironheart are top options, i used them all during my exploration, good to have them as 7*s.

• DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    Nah no lie destroyer is best counter. Sure mine is r3 7* but he soloed everytime
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,763 ★★★★★
    I kinda liked how she was tbh as shes quite tricky since spacing needing dots it was fun learning it and failing but i really enjoyed her and im glad her health wasnt as big as it would of been a slogfest with the healing
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,568 ★★★★★

Next thing you know a dev comes in saying, "sorry guys it was a typo, it was supoosed to have 16 lives."

Wouldn’t bother me I have no reason to fight her again. I do think she was suspiciously easy
    She's wayy too easy for an act boss tbh, I'm pretty sure fighting base serpent in BGs is harder than taking her down
    She's not an act boss tho. Only a chapter boss.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 177 ★★
    Def the easiest special boss we ever had. Oh well. Enjoy your rewards fellas
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,086 ★★★★★

Def the easiest special boss we ever had. Oh well. Enjoy your rewards fellas

True. I think Scytalis is slightly harder than her
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    It's the first Boss of Act 9. There's an arc for the rest of the Act.
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Member Posts: 596 ★★★
    Fantman was mvp for me, his power control is good and the glancing is a safe net if I got hit.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★
    She should have been harder, I would have liked another 2 phases and one could have been reverse controls and instant full healing like gwenperion has and throw a bane and starburst in there as well. I miss the fun and interactive nodes of Act 6.