**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Double UNSTOPPABLE tag/wording [BUG]

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
Here is what WILL HAPPEN when you fight against champs that able to gain UNSTOPPABLE BUFF (Duped Juggernaut, duped unstoppable Colossus):
- After activating their special attacks (SP), WHILE UNDER A STAGGERED DEBUFF, the UNSTOPPABLE BUFF WILL pop up TWICE and the Staggered Debuff will nullify the 1st Unstoppable buff but not the 2nd buff.
- When they are not under a Staggered Debuff, the Unstoppable tag will come up TWICE BUT the Unstoppable Buff will appear only ONCE. (the Unstoppable Buff will not stack up to 2 buffs despite the double Unstoppable Tag pop up).

The problem with this is when you're using a champ that can put on Staggered Debuff on them. When the mentioned above champs are under a Staggered Debuff, the debuff will nullify the UNSTOPPABLE BUFF that comes up DURING THEIR their SP animation.
However, since there is a 2nd Unstoppable Tag, the champs mentioned above will get back the UNSTOPPABLE Buff at the end of their SP.

Result: a useless Staggered Debuff. The Hood's staggered ability will be useless. This is not really a problem to Thor Jane Foster as her heavy attack usually put up to 2 Staggered Debuff.

PS: No video to show as a proof for now 'cause it will take more time to do so. Will try to update it later.
PPS: Let me know if there's any confusion arise from reading these post in the comment section.

*Not sure if tagging the forum mods will violate the forum rules or not so I won't tag them. Maybe I understood the rules wrongly.*

Comments

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Not a bug. Was done this way purposely to fix problems in the past. Also, wrong section of the forums.
  • Options
    The unstoppable buff activates 2x
    1st buff activates while sp attack animation(this expires right after animation)
    2nd buff activates right after sp animation

In your case hood's stagger removes 1st buff
    and 2nd buff remains active
    So what you're saying is not a bug

Use Thor JF for 2x stagger I think it may work

• Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Not a bug. Was done this way purposely to fix problems in the past. Also, wrong section of the forums.

Well that’s... a good reason I guess? But now it’s harder to nullify with SW aswell
  • Options
    Bahamut wrote: »

Well that’s... a good reason I guess? But now it’s harder to nullify with SW aswell

I know there was more that went into it, but before, could get a hit in on Juggs/others after the special, before theyre ready to defend, and someone like SW could nullify it before it even started. I don't mind it now, I parry and get one light attack in, and hopefully nullify it.

I do feel for the OP though. I've never found a great use for stagger. Unstoppable would be one, without this fix.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Does anyone remember why they did the double unstoppable buff thing. I feel like it was mentioned before but can't remember exactly. It is the only buff that triggers this way isn't it?
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    @Primmer79 seems like there was something more to it. I mean there are lots of buffs that trigger right after sp move and those can all be nullified immediately so why is unstoppable different?
  • Options
    @Primmer79 seems like there was something more to it. I mean there are lots of buffs that trigger right after sp move and those can all be nullified immediately so why is unstoppable different?

there was definitely more to it, I remember it getting brought up like this a few months ago. I'll try to do some research and get back to you
  • Options

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/131443#Comment_131443

this has some decent conversation on it, but essentially, there was a bug with the timing of unstoppable starting after the special. USed to start with the special, but timer only started when special ended. I do not remember this bug, but remember the fix was to have unstoppable start at the end of the special only. This led to not having unstoppable during special, and if timed correctly, could hit the opponent after a special, but before unstoppable took place. Only fix for this was to have two unstoppable buffs start.
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★

That's a terrible step to "fix" Unstoppable timer. If that so, using that 'logic' then KABAM should also 'fix' the debuff and buff timer of Doctor Octopus (heal block, power lock, armor up) at the end of his Specials too (not that there's any problem with DO but I'm just using him as example).

I'm not angry at you but just mentioning that KABAM action to 'fix' that doesn't actually fix the problem. Thanks for thread link, btw.
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    it was a lazy fix to stop people with ability accuracy decreasers to stop unstoppable from trigger.

e.g. for the brief time that the special wasn't unstoppable, but unstoppable triggered after the special ended, you could squeeze in a hit with somebody like bw and unstoppable would never trigger.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

The thing is though, it was never a problem in the past until they buggered it up doing something.