Observation on AI after 9.1 completion

Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 443 ★★★
This is a sample of one, of course, but I realized about halfway through completion that the AI behavior in 9.1 is very different from BG, AW, etc. It feels much more like the “old days” when defenders threw specials without an excessive amount of baiting.

I have no idea what this means in terms of the game overall. Are there different settings applied to different modes, does story run on a different engine than BG, etc etc. But I just thought it’s worth noting — better AI is possible.

Comments

• DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 349 ★★★

This is a sample of one, of course, but I realized about halfway through completion that the AI behavior in 9.1 is very different from BG, AW, etc. It feels much more like the “old days” when defenders threw specials without an excessive amount of baiting.

I have no idea what this means in terms of the game overall. Are there different settings applied to different modes, does story run on a different engine than BG, etc etc. But I just thought it’s worth noting — better AI is possible.

They have stated that there are different AI platforms for different game mode
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,241 ★★★★★
    Idk it’s been the opposite for me lol