Unpopular opinion: New store makeover is πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯🀷🏽😊

TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited September 13 in General Discussion

I think the graphics are kinda badass

Comments

• Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Member Posts: 336 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I like it.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Omedenn said:

It looks super nice, just not super nice to use

Exactly my thoughts
  • SkalamenkoSkalamenko Member Posts: 94 β˜…
    I love it. I wanted something like this since i started this game.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Solvseus said:

How anyone can look at this mess, or Events, and think they look good is beyond me. I know people have different tastes, but the new look they seem to be leaning into is way too busy, and outright garish. The design for games like these needs to be clean, and easy to immediately see exactly what you need to. These are not that.

If any of you are in school or retired and think these look good, please take a design class.

whilst i agree it looks bad,
    people can have different opinions and tastes without being attacked for it.
    what about those who are neither in school nor retired and think it looks bad?
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Member Posts: 750 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Compared to the other versions we've seen, I actually like this new interface. Its a nice update to the previous (solid) store.
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 396 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    UI is great UX isn't that's all I'm gonna say
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Solvseus said:

How anyone can look at this mess, or Events, and think they look good is beyond me. I know people have different tastes, but the new look they seem to be leaning into is way too busy, and outright garish. The design for games like these needs to be clean, and easy to immediately see exactly what you need to. These are not that.

If any of you are in school or retired and think these look good, please take a design class.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ trigger alert 🚨
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I quite like it too. The one thing I don't really like is combining the regular store with the unit store. I preferred those two being separate entities. It's not really a problem when you've played the game for years and know what's what, but it still bothers me a little. Having the real-world money offers on a separate store was always something I appreciated. There are so many games that doesn't do that and they are all very annoying.

They are typically annoying for far more reasons than that, though, and I don't think Kabam will suddenly start flooding the game with pop-up offers for real-world money or the like. So it's not that bad.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The fact that the unit store and the in game store are now combined is a huge w
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Solvseus said:

I have been a professional graphic designer for almost four decades. Will this win any design awards? No? Is it a "mess"? Not at all.

Is it functional and useful? Absolutely. Which is the only point.

It's just new, and some folks are making a huge deal about having to adjust to the change, but in a month you will have forgotten what it used to look like or that it ruined your day.

• EverythingZenEverythingZen Member Posts: 36 β˜…
    I don't like it at all. The old way was much more user friendly IMO, but I guess we are stuck with it like it or not.

• BosleyBosley Member Posts: 281 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 13
    No. The OP is wrong. It's arguably worse than the event UI change..... (edited for spelling lol)
  • ArmageddΓΈnArmageddΓΈn Member Posts: 823 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It is better and i like it but there is still room for improvement.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I dislike how they push the items for units. Why aren't the items that cost in-game materials (not units) up top? The sorting/organization should be flipped IMO.
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 132 β˜…β˜…
    Solvseus said:

Found the person who probably says every movie sucks, besides the ones everyone loves.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I dislike how they push the items for units. Why aren't the items that cost in-game materials (not units) up top? The sorting/organization should be flipped IMO.

Ok I can see where you're coming from here.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 664 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 14
    Solvseus said:

I agree with the event screen,..it’s horrible to navigate easily and rewards seem to take longer to claim,..(with that annoying flash every milestone you click on).
    I do somewhat like the store though,..although i don’t really see it as an improvement to the old store,..just more flashy colours.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 664 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Solvseus said:

I have been a professional graphic designer for almost four decades. Will this win any design awards? No? Is it a "mess"? Not at all.

Is it functional and useful? Absolutely. Which is the only point.

It's just new, and some folks are making a huge deal about having to adjust to the change, but in a month you will have forgotten what it used to look like or that it ruined your day.

I would agree with you on the store, it’s not terrible and people will get used to it.
    The event screen on the other hand i find very unappealing,.,it’s bad enough i choose to go to my stash to collect rewards and will continue to do so.