Cyber Monday Champion Selector Prediction

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
edited September 16 in General Discussion
They did a 2023 selector for July sales this year, but theyve never really did the same type of champion selector twice in a row across July and Cyber sales. Though im not sure if a 2024 selector would even be feasible since the December champ wouldn't even be out yet so do you think it could be neither and possibly where we see our first Abyss Nexus?

Cyber Monday Champion Selector Prediction 52 votes

2023 Selector
21%
GamerBigTuna_2054yossGravityWasy1Ultragamer13579rebel_LokxSuper_Cretu90CanBeyNacho98 11 votes
2024 Selector
19%
captain_rogersShoNuff29Nameless_IWAltairMUP96FineAFSagaChampionKingering_KingSmartgamerDarthbane3141Acapp_hercules890777 10 votes
Something Else (Titan Selector/Nexus?)
38%
Captain_007_Uncle_Fatty_247NojokejaymCupidJustcause102TotalMonster110TripleBZanyDruid0702TerminatrixJackTheSnackThe_Nemesis_1998CyrillFromTulaMasterAEdisonLawNineHeavenViper198787VivesectorDenic_2580Nemesis_17GusAr418 20 votes
Something Else (7* Abyss Nexus Selector?)
21%
SyndicatedSandeepSXenagosNONYABIZZOakenshieldribsandbbqbeef69PT_99SilentArisjpzeeAwesomep12BEA5T_FURY 11 votes

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,888 ★★★★★
    2024 Selector
    We had a titan selector on previous banquet as well right?
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★

Yes
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★

I should have been more clear what I meant is like a previous rotation titan crystal.

So for instance, if they cant do a 2024 selector yet, then the titan selector would still allow 1 to be able to get a Serpent (since he won't be in the Titan Pool at the time of Cyber Monday)
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,888 ★★★★★
    2024 Selector
    Where is awakening gem option? We already have limited pool AGs I believe it's time for class ag crystals
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I’m not entirely sure what it’ll be but I expect it to be some sort of selector. Kabam has said they’re starting the go the route of spending for a guaranteed reward, which we’ve seen with the 2023 selector from j4 and being able to buy a guaranteed 7* nefaria.

Maybe this is a longshot, but what if they give us a 7* class selector crystal? You spin a crystal which decides your class, and from whichever class you land on you can select any champ that’s in the base pool. It’s some rng but as long as there’s at least one champ in every class that you want from the base pool (which is the case for almost everyone) it would be valuable.

I’m not entirely sure what it’ll be but I expect it to be some sort of selector. Kabam has said they’re starting the go the route of spending for a guaranteed reward, which we’ve seen with the 2023 selector from j4 and being able to buy a guaranteed 7* nefaria.

Maybe this is a longshot, but what if they give us a 7* class selector crystal? You spin a crystal which decides your class, and from whichever class you land on you can select any champ that’s in the base pool. It’s some rng but as long as there’s at least one champ in every class that you want from the base pool (which is the case for almost everyone) it would be valuable.

That would be an interesting concept for sure but i think people would just prefer the 2023 selector again in that case. Or it could be a choice to either go that versus a past titan selector, for those still chasing a champ like Serpent that wouldn't be in the 2023 selector
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
    edited September 17
    I think it will be another 2023 selector - but perhaps not as deep in the offers (ie not the full 36k again) and I could definitely see an 7* abyss selector coming in. I don’t think we’ll see a 2024 selector. I do think we’ll see a class AG crystal, and that will probably be at the 36k mark.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,684 ★★★★★
    edited September 17
    Polygon said:

They did a 2023 selector for July sales this year, but theyve never really did the same type of champion selector twice in a row across July and Cyber sales. Though im not sure if a 2024 selector would even be feasible since the December champ wouldn't even be out yet so do you think it could be neither and possibly where we see our first Abyss Nexus?

I'm going with this. Where would the 7* Abyss Nexus even come from? We don't have an abyss quest with 7* crystals and rewards. When the 6* Abyss Nexus was first introduced, the only way to get it was doing the abyss quest right?
    edited September 17

I think it will be another 2023 selector - but perhaps not as deep in the offers (ie not the full 36k again) and I could definitely see an 7* abyss selector coming in. I don’t think we’ll see a 2024 selector. I do think we’ll see a class AG crystal, and that will probably be at the 36k mark.

@Oakenshield this makes sense but Where do you reckon they would put the launch pool selector? Along with the 2023 one?

Honestly a class AG crystal for 36k would be kind of underwhelming. It should be a generic cause if its a random class then a selector of some sort could allow you to dupe the champ you want whereas AG can be a class you don't want
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

@Oakenshield this makes sense but Where do you reckon they would put the launch pool selector? Along with the 2023 one?

Honestly a class AG crystal for 36k would be kind of underwhelming. It should be a generic cause if its a random class then a selector of some sort could allow you to dupe the champ you want whereas AG can be a class you don't want
    I honestly wasn’t thinking there would be a launch pool selector. Feels like the value on that is down after (at that point) the launch pool having been out for 18 months. Between that and the several launch pool selectors they have made available, many folks have most of the champs from that pool they want.

On the AG, I feel like they have been going very slowly on the AGs. I (like many) had expected one in the July deals only to have it not come. The recent opening ceremonies one was pretty solid given the number of champs it could awaken, but I don’t see them going straight to a generic. I really think it will be class. But maybe more than one?

Maybe they will have the first generic at the top of the Banquet awards, but I don’t see it coming at Cyber weekend. I’d be happy to be wrong of course!