IOS 18 - game mode

zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,228 ★★★★★
I have an iPhone XR to play my alt account. It has been lagging so bad with recent updates. I would experience freezes for 3-4 seconds before animation would resume. This can happen several times during the fight.

After updating to IOS 18, there is a new feature, Game mode. Seem to reduce most of the lags. There are still lags but minimized vs before. Definitely worth a try for anyone experiencing lags in iPhones.

Comments

• Adri5846Adri5846 Member Posts: 55
    Same device here. Will try the new IOS and I will tell you if is works better.

Now i am suffering a lot of lagg and maybe this could be a temporary solution.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    No way iphones just got a game mode 💀💀
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

No way iphones just got a game mode 💀💀

500$ price increase
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,366 ★★★★★
    edited September 18
    I do understand that game updates might be bugged, that something might change; but do people understand that some changes might not be the game's fault?...
    Iphone XR was released in 2018...its a 6 almost 7 year old device.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,713 ★★★★★

I do understand that game updates might be bugged, that something might change; but do people understand that some changes might not be the game's fault?...

i tried to swapped out phone every 4 years simple because i can’t stand lag and 4 years is plenty’s of time use. Of a phone

Gamer said:

i tried to swapped out phone every 4 years simple because i can’t stand lag and 4 years is plenty’s of time use. Of a phone

Regardless of that, every iOS or android update at some point for older devices are made to work AS A PHONE, making certain apps compatible with MINIMUM requirements. The latest operating system might be a heavy load.on the device already.
    Then again, when I made this argument I had people enraged and feeling cheated cause the description at the Play Store for android said Android 9 as a minimum requirement.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,713 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Regardless of that, every iOS or android update at some point for older devices are made to work AS A PHONE, making certain apps compatible with MINIMUM requirements. The latest operating system might be a heavy load.on the device already.
    Then again, when I made this argument I had people enraged and feeling cheated cause the description at the Play Store for android said Android 9 as a minimum requirement.
    I understand.
  • zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,228 ★★★★★

Definitely. Mcoc updates has been a bit more demanding in the devices too. I have the iPhone 15 Pro Max and even with the most powerful iPhone before the 16 Pro Max comes out, I have experienced lags from mcoc intermittently.
    zuffy said:

Definitely. Mcoc updates has been a bit more demanding in the devices too. I have the iPhone 15 Pro Max and even with the most powerful iPhone before the 16 Pro Max comes out, I have experienced lags from mcoc intermittently.
    That could be a different issue. I know its not an iOS thing, but a few months ago we had a similar issue where some devices had black screens, and the quality of graphics were awful.
    Its a lot harder for mobile gaming since new devices come out every year, and there is so many devices out there, brands and models.