Wich 7 Star Skill Champion to R2

AnbeiAnbei Member Posts: 136

Wich 7 Star Skill Champion to R2 127 votes

Chee'ilth (Sig 20)
22%
DrZolaJets44ChovnerUsquebathdamianohmBulmktSachhyam257spiderbites0196TJ107Sagacious0wlsvilariumKRANꓘFreakheartChiefGoatTsuyoshi_SenpaiNONYABIZZILoveDrDoomCoach_G1ribsandbbqbeef69Licky 29 votes
Atuma (Sig 20)
14%
BigTuna_2054BluestoneIamnikeTijjy007Justcause102ZuroJoker1976Almccarthywillrun4adonutorpimeSmbgibsonSerggggggggVivesectorSagaChampionJLordVileJWhiteKnightSamo560Doomstroyer 18 votes
Crossbones (Sig 20)
20%
HilldarLogan00MB8888Dose_ResponsiveSarvanga1_Ewell65SSS69ItsClobberinTimejcphillips7Herohanoi2x2yLBN1UltragamerDiablordakibakiii13579rebel_9SuhailEmilia90Cloudddey_broSaber_toth225Super_Cretu90 26 votes
Shang-Chi (Sig 20)
29%
buffajrRagnarok13MagrailothosFoxhero007captaincushCropDustersaimJyotishkadoctorbColinwhitworth69LordSmashercaptain_rogersLegionnaireOmedennFurrymoosenDoctor_Strange19BeastDadBen_15455houndogακιWill3808 38 votes
Mantis (Sig 20)
12%
NojokejaymAleorAzenstarChrisRM93JackTheSnackWasy1Dab_westKLZHonorable_BluJayJoSpidey_10KnightOfTheRealmHulk808PimbecheFriendly001HibblyOnepieceisnotreal 16 votes

Comments

• BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,800 ★★★★★
    Shang-Chi (Sig 20)
    Easy choice
  • AleorAleor Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Mantis (Sig 20)

Crossbones > Shang chi any day of the week any hour of the day any month of the year

Can his aar reliably prevent unstoppable?
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 349 ★★

Mantis is a BG nuke that can take a ton of fights fast once you learn her

Who has a good video to show how to use her? Is it all about light intercepting?
    Shang-Chi (Sig 20)

Shang is better than CB imo, easier playstyle and wayy more utilities.

It’s not remotely close either.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,172 ★★★★★
    edited September 26
    Shang-Chi (Sig 20)

Who has a good video to show how to use her? Is it all about light intercepting?
    Lol no. Apply infuriate and score 3 medium jntercepts atleast. Then apply intimidate and perform 2 MLLL combos on block (valk relic can really help by extending intimidate duration). Then rush to sp2, charge a heavy, launch it when the stun ends, on the second hit of heavy, launch sp2.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 349 ★★

Lol no. Apply infuriate and score 3 medium jntercepts atleast. Then apply intimidate and perform 2 MLLL combos on block (valk relic can really help by extending intimidate duration). Then rush to sp2, charge a heavy, launch it when the stun ends, on the second hit of heavy, launch sp2.
    Thanks as always. Guess I’ll give it a go…
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,873 ★★★★★
    Shang-Chi (Sig 20)
    Shang is way better for the average player than Crossbones could ever be. He's got incredible utility, very respectable damage and he's simple to get a lot out of.

Crossbones probably has a higher potential than Shang - like Guardian, he's got almost limitless damage potential - but he needs a lot of skill (and a lot of Heavy-counters) to get the best out of him.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,344 ★★★★★
    Shang-Chi (Sig 20)
    All are good choices, depends on who you like playing
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 ★★★★★
    Crossbones (Sig 20)
    Emilia90 said:

BeastDad said:

Shang is better than CB imo, easier playstyle and wayy more utilities.

It’s not remotely close either.
    Please show me Shang cooking Photon sub 30, doing sassy at r3 faster than most sciences, and soloing Necro bosses. Not to mention the excellent base debuff shrug and AAR that allows him to be one of the most versatile BG champs

Shang is slower, he’s not as good for long form, and though both have limited defense potential, Shang is even worse there. How is it not even close? Shang hasn’t been relevant for a while now 😭
    This, and he can't even handle most meta relevant defenders these days which CB can.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 978 ★★★★
    Anbei said:

Hi @Anbei ,

Firstly, may I ask where you are at in progression, Thronebreaker, Paragon or Valiant?

Secondly, which game mode are you interested in?

Thirdly, wat kind of player are you, are you good at intercepting, are you good at AI manipulation, are you a patent player or do you like fast rhythm?

All of this would determine which champ would be good for you.

All of these champs are amazing in their own way, just depend of you as the player.

Mantis - BG, fast pace, intercept, nuke
    Shang Chi - BG, Story and Endgame Boss, slow pace, patent, but also a nuke, can be very versatile.
    Crossbone - BG and Story, very fast pace
    Attuma - Mainly BG Def, decent attacker
    Cheelit - BG Atk and Def, slow pace, bating heavy
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,706 ★★★★★
    Whoever you enjoy using the most
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 425 ★★
    objectively XB is better, if you’re competitive, and skilled.

subjectively Hong Kong Fooey is a BLAST, and hella versatile in story and event (think I drug mine through one of the x of anguish events at some point?).

Mantis is for D unless you really get into her play style (brutal sp2), and Fish Face is a defender 90% of the time.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,387 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

CB way better than Shang. Faster BG nuke, more versatility, better for long form

@Emilia90 curious if the AI has made it more difficult to use Mantis effectively in BGs or if you just see Xbones as the better champ now?

I've yet to pull Mantis but ive been destroying r3 photons with my r2 s20 Xbones and I remembered you voted for Mantis over him in a poll comparing the two , but this was like 2 or 3 month ago so was just curious if your opinion changed
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★
    Chee'ilth (Sig 20)
    Aleor said:

Crossbones > Shang chi any day of the week any hour of the day any month of the year

Can his aar reliably prevent unstoppable?
    Can shang chi reliably counter some of the most annoying defensive abilities in the game? Can shag chi counter serpent (a meta defender) reliably? Come back when he can
  • AnbeiAnbei Member Posts: 136
    Fryday said:

Anbei said:

Hi @Anbei ,

Firstly, may I ask where you are at in progression, Thronebreaker, Paragon or Valiant?

Thirdly, wat kind of player are you, are you good at intercepting, are you good at AI manipulation, are you a patent player or do you like fast rhythm?

All of these champs are amazing in their own way, just depend of you as the player.

Shang Chi - BG, Story and Endgame Boss, slow pace, patent, but also a nuke, can be very versatile.
    I‘m Paragon on the way to Valiant. I Stuck on 8.2.6.
    I want to try Necropolis and Crucibley.
    I am a mid skilled player, Not top of the Tops, but not so bad.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,172 ★★★★★
    Shang-Chi (Sig 20)
    Anbei said:

Fryday said:

Anbei said:

Hi @Anbei ,

Definitely shang. He can cheese that bahamat fight. Cheelith is also very good for that fight.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,214 ★★★★★
    Shang-Chi (Sig 20)
    Anbei said:

Fryday said:

Anbei said:

Hi @Anbei ,

Yea Shang is the perfect answer here then. He’s a top option for bahamut and will be incredibly useful for the rest of questing.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 978 ★★★★
    Anbei said:

Fryday said:

Anbei said:

Hi @Anbei ,

Hi @Anbei ,

Many thanks for the extra info.

In that case I fully agreed with @captain_rogers and @Nemesis_17 , Shang Chi would be more helpful for you to make progress toward Valiant.

Good luck 😊
    Thank you for your help and answer.
    I go more with Chee‘ilth than with Shang-Chi. I can‘t explain, it‘s a feeling.
    edited September 27
    I go with you and Rank up shang-Chi

Shang-Chi (Sig 20)
    Anbei said:

I go with you and Rank up shang-Chi

Smart, the majority got it right for once.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 680 ★★★
    edited September 27
    Atuma (Sig 20)
    Too late i guess.
    I find my R2 duped 7 star Chi just collects dust tbh.
    I don’t “regret” ranking him up but my three 6* ascended and two rank 3 seven stars skill champs bench him.
    Last time i can remember him having a use was using my rank 3 six star against Eop dragon man for the one shot…(was fun).
    I just don’t find him very relevant anymore and he has zero defensive value,..which makes me cringe when adding him to a battlegrounds deck.
  • doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,819 ★★★★
    Shang-Chi (Sig 20)
    I rank mine to r3 because I got the skill from exploring act 8.
    No regrets. He hits like a tank!