Kabam, if you haven't considered it already, please keep the WoW/SoS/etc going long term

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 470 ★★★
Possibly a hot take, but these fights have been extremely fun. Don't get me wrong, having everest content to do or Carina Challenges to plan for is great and all, but those are all investment heavy pieces of content with one time payouts. The SoS style of fights has been such a refreshing change of pace. The fights are hard but not impossible, they often require use of Champs you wouldn't normally use, they give a decent chunk of rewards that (I feel) is worth the effort.

Some fights can be overtuned, sure, or some mechanics can be a bit finicky, but overall the fights have been extremely manageable. It's been nice being able to look forward to content that isn't a walk in the park. Story chapters have had the difficulty super tuned down, and EQ is extremely simple at this point, so having content you actually have to read the nodes and work with them has been fantastic.

Comments

• startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 804 ★★★★
    it’s fun but there’s a set budget of rewards and if it goes to SOS then other areas of the game won’t get them.
  • doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,829 ★★★★

Possibly a hot take, but these fights have been extremely fun. Don't get me wrong, having everest content to do or Carina Challenges to plan for is great and all, but those are all investment heavy pieces of content with one time payouts. The SoS style of fights has been such a refreshing change of pace. The fights are hard but not impossible, they often require use of Champs you wouldn't normally use, they give a decent chunk of rewards that (I feel) is worth the effort.

Some fights can be overtuned, sure, or some mechanics can be a bit finicky, but overall the fights have been extremely manageable. It's been nice being able to look forward to content that isn't a walk in the park. Story chapters have had the difficulty super tuned down, and EQ is extremely simple at this point, so having content you actually have to read the nodes and work with them has been fantastic.

I agree 500%. These fights are fun, challenging, and sometimes difficult. But fun.
  • shield311shield311 Member Posts: 584 ★★★
    edited September 28

Once AoA is over, hopefully we get a quest with all bosses again like EOP.

I prefer a crucible type quest.
    So real, crucibles is actually great (because I've been sitting on a single legendary path for a week now waiting for revives coz i suck but its convenient)
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★
    I would like the seasons of whatever to become permanent. There will always be fights that you have the best counter for and others that you will struggle. But this is good, challenging content with higher end rewards. Each season has its own gauntlet, which is a mini crucible anyway. I don't know if there's a need or want for a gauntlet of an entire year of these fights, but I could be wrong.

I would also like a Ch 8 crucible sometime in the future, but if you release that too soon than having one for Ch 9 will be a much longer wait.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,982 ★★★★★
    edited September 28

You'll get it.
    They have milked act 7.
    They will milk act 8 similarly.
    It's crystal clear not even an assumption.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,743 ★★★★★

You'll get it.
    They have milked act 7.
    Ik that. What I meant to say is I want all the bosses in seasonal challenges in a crucible style quest, as opposed to EOP style quest OP suggested.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,189 ★★★★★

You'll get it.
    They have milked act 7.
    I want them to milk the Original Act 6 bosses with updated healthpools for a change.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,982 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

You'll get it.
    They have milked act 7.
    I want them to milk the Original Act 6 bosses with updated healthpools for a change.
    Let's go!
    Why only bosses.
    That one Hyperion , that aspect of war labtron somewhere, friendly neighborhood acid wash mysterio, a right side defender from omega red quest, defender from symbiote supreme quest, from havok quest, a couple from mordo quest.
    Maybe they were harder because of the gated paths.

Even after these many years, I have faint memories of act6 and planning.
    In Act7/Act8, I have no memory of what fights were harder, just a couple where I used a revive.

Initial Act6 was like, okay we have farmed some revives and lets clear couple paths.
    People got mad tho, and I don't blame them. It was indeed hard to put so much effort and time on every single path for an average fun loving player.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 545 ★★★

BigBlueOx said:

You'll get it.
    They have milked act 7.
    Let's go!
    Why only bosses.
    That one Hyperion , that aspect of war labtron somewhere, friendly neighborhood acid wash mysterio, a right side defender from omega red quest, defender from symbiote supreme quest, from havok quest, a couple from mordo quest.
    Maybe they were harder because of the gated paths.

Even after these many years, I have faint memories of act6 and planning.
    In Act7/Act8, I have no memory of what fights were harder, just a couple where I used a revive.

Initial Act6 was like, okay we have farmed some revives and lets clear couple paths.
    People got mad tho, and I don't blame them. It was indeed hard to put so much effort and time on every single path for an average fun loving player.
    Dude, there was so much planning done for act 6 that you could show me a defender with a glimpse of the map behind them and I could tell which quest which path they were in with the nodes
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 1,107 ★★★

I think all of the champs we've fought will become a permanent piece of Everest content like eop. Anyone else agree with me?
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 549 ★★★

I think all of the champs we've fought will become a permanent piece of Everest content like eop. Anyone else agree with me?
    Called "year of pain"😂
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 1,107 ★★★

Called "year of pain"😂
    Or loss of money XD