**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Just curious why the level restriction on the T4 Catalyst Quest?

I wanted to ask why the T4 Cat Quest is locked to level 40 or above (level 36 myself... was pretty happy reading the mail to see it locked)? Not upset of complaining... really just curious.

Comments

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Waste of time anyway.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited December 2017
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Waste of time anyway.

Why is it one of those... here are a few fragments at the end and no real gain on cats?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,764 ★★★★★
    I don't see anywhere explained the rationale for the 40 level cap. This cap is also applied in LoL.

The event itself requires 4 energy per tile and some fragments which may be more relevant if someone is already close to forming a full catalyst.

Having said so, it is still another avenue to build up T4CC.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    chev327fox wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Waste of time anyway.

Why is it one of those... here are a few fragments at the end and no real gain on cats?

You don't get full Cats. Only Frags.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The cap is so hackers can't go in and clear certain content.

Be thankful. Its a huge waste of energy and not worth the ~800 shards you get IIRC.

I cannot tell if you are joking or not. Surely you must be... if a hacker can mod the game getting more Cats should not be an issue (therefore if that is the reason it makes little sense).
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I'm not usually one to make rash comments, but considering the energy cost, the frequency of the event, and the scale of the rewards ... this one is really not worth it. The energy cost should have been toned WAY down (halved) to make it even mildly viable, or the rewards increased significantly. It's only of use if you're a few hundred fragments away from forming a catalyst, and even then the fragment crystals we get regularly can provide those.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    chev327fox wrote: »

I cannot tell if you are joking or not. Surely you must be... if a hacker can mod the game getting more Cats should not be an issue (therefore if that is the reason it makes little sense).

The level cap is 100% for hackers. Why they deemed this quest to have the cap would be a question for Kabam.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    The first time the T4cc proving grounds introduced itself, most people gave the same conclusion that the event was only good if you were already close to forming a T4cc or just plain desperate to collect every fragment you can get (which equates to nearly 1000 T4cc frags of two classes each when explored).

Considering the "first time" was many months to even a year ago (I forgot, but it has been a long time), and the fact that nothing has changed (fragment amount, energy required, etc.), the rewards are incredibly outdated and for many, would feel it is not worth it. In fact, it is so mediocre, that I'd have expected it to be something already left permanent on the game due to just how paltry the fragments payout really is.

So long story short, don't worry, you aren't missing out on a lot.
    Oh I am not upset... the only reason I posted again is the hacker thing still makes little sense to me (if they can hack units and such why not T4s... so really makes little sense to me).

I was hoping an Admin/Dev might chime in as to their reason... but maybe not important enough ;)
  • Ya, it's actually not worth doing at all. The amount of shards are terrible for the nrg. Did a full run and barely got 2k maybe. Waste of nrg
    Yeah only fragments at the end so good if you are close to a T4Cat in Frags. Still find the level cap to be odd.