SOS Toad and AI Tampering

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,383 ★★★★★
edited September 29 in General Discussion
Its not just that hes being passive and never throwing the specials. I tested it and every single time i would go in after my special while unblockable/unstoppable with Hulkling or Juggernaut , he threw his special immediately . I repeated this test 9 times and same result each time.

Just wondering as im not familiar with how the industry for gaming is, but are there any legalities in place to prevent the AI being tampered with?

I assume not since we've seen the AI behave in ways similar to this. For example, extremely passive with defenders like Venom or Hyperion on holding specials, but launching the specials right away against Titania.

Or how you suddenly become a better interceptor than MSD whenever playing Valkyrie

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,383 ★★★★★

They didn't purposely tweak toads ai if that's what you're suggesting

Never said they did it on purpose. Was just pointing out that its not just that he holds onto the specials, but when you try to go in for an intercept when hes at 5% health or go in after hulklings unblockable sp2, he throws it immediately. The tampering I mentioned was curiosity to see if theres anything forbidding it if it was to even be done.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,075 ★★★

But it looks like they did. The toad AI is extremely smart, it exactly knows, when to throw specials, when to dash back, when to hold specials, how to behave in each phase, how to behave whem you're in the corner, how to change your actions based on prowess count and how to counter specific abilities of attacker.
    It looks they did to people that assume kabam are actively avoiding fixing the ai issues to get more revives out of people, which isn't happening
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,947 ★★★★★
    Almost every SoS fight has had serious AI bugs. If it's not on purpose, it sure seems so.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,081 ★★★★★
    To any deniers,
    I legit challenge you to fight Doom with Titania and do heavy sp3,
    EVERY. SINGLE.TIME
    That **** Doom will throw his sp2 to shjt with her loop.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 494 ★★★
    But side note, let him hit your block or you hit his and he throws his special fairly consistent. Lagacy has a good video on it
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,120 ★★★★★
    Another observation is, When using champs who have aggressive rotation, toad tends to be aggressive as well.
    Ex: DV, OS, and hulk

While champs who don't have a aggressive rotation (Can bait specials for 20 sec without any issues), toad refuses to throw specials. Ex: Shocker, g99
  • OdachiOdachi Member Posts: 1,111 ★★★★
    There's so much of this at the moment. Is it too much to expect that a fight with the word suffering in it has a harder AI, not 'bugged' as so many throw around.
    Never block to bait specials, just last second evades like your playing stark spidey and he always throws them after 2 or 3 times.
  • MasquiradeMasquirade Member Posts: 133
    I'm just bored of re-running this fight. Must be at least 30 attempts at a decent run with Hulk and Juggernaut after getting near one shots with Hulkling and Deathless Vision, haven't managed to get past 50%. Seriously frustrating the hell out of me.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,776 ★★★★★
    Just saying, once I got the rhythm, this toad fight was extremely fun.
    I even soloed with r1 DViz, but it took 8 minutes.
    At the start I was as frustrated as any of you. But when I started looping his specials, didn't worry about prowess and paid less attention to baiting only sp1, it started to feel normal.
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 345 ★★★

But it looks like they did. The toad AI is extremely smart, it exactly knows, when to throw specials, when to dash back, when to hold specials, how to behave in each phase, how to behave whem you're in the corner, how to change your actions based on prowess count and how to counter specific abilities of attacker.
    It looks they did to people that assume kabam are actively avoiding fixing the ai issues to get more revives out of people, which isn't happening
    Are you new Kabam’s fall internship or another new forum guardian?
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 345 ★★★
    shLuffy said:

devs your job is to entertain us not torture

You’re basically wrong. Their job is make as much money as possible for Kabam, in other words take as much as possible from your pocket to Kabam lol
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 907 ★★★★
    Do you guys actually play the game? You haven’t noticed the AI changing slowly with time? It gets better seemingly every update then we’re told:

AI changes? What AI changes?

If the game team hadn’t posted about it, it would still be mocked as a conspiracy theory by the Kabam Defense Force.