Photon Worth Ranking Unduped?

Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 214 ★★

Pulled this champ out of my last crystal, heard mixed opinions on whether she needs dupe or not.

Photon Worth Ranking Unduped? 59 votes

Yes
88%
World EaterOUYOandrade5184MagrailothoscaptaincushBluestoneHendrossSw0rdMasterHerbal_TaxmanRevenge_of_the_NerfsTheAngryOneblurblotDenzel116TJ107Sagacious0wlLordSmasherSarvanga1_MagicsolNockoTerminatrix 52 votes
No
3%
SamanunMachoGamer 2 votes
Who is Photon?
8%
captain_rogersSirGamesBondThe_losttierSagaChampionAcapp_hercules890777 5 votes

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,211 ★★★★★
    Yes
    R2 sure. R3 is debatable but it really comes down to your options at that point.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,155 ★★★★★
    Yes
    But on if you change that sta focus.
  • captaincushcaptaincush Member Posts: 765 ★★★
    Yes
    I took mine to r3 unduped cuz I knew it was just a matter of time. She still put in tons of work and got banned frequently in BG, and I did eventually dupe her, so I say go for it
  • SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 701 ★★★
    No
    No unduped she's useless tbh just a waste of a slot in the deck she wont be good for defense she's essentially just a rol defender unduped, and on attack even a high sig r3 isnt very impressive so i dont wanna think about a unduped r3 or a r2.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 298 ★★★
    Samanun said:

No unduped she's useless tbh just a waste of a slot in the deck she wont be good for defense she's essentially just a rol defender unduped, and on attack even a high sig r3 isnt very impressive so i dont wanna think about a unduped r3 or a r2.

She’s still essentially immune to parry without a miss counter, has undexable specials you're forced to eat into block if you play wrong (albeit much less chip without dupe), shuts off willpower, and can just generally eat damage alright thanks to energy resist and inequity attack reduction. Her sig is a big deal for sure but she’s still an annoyance without it who demands respect.

Also unimpressive on attack? She’s not my cup of tea personally but she’s clearly a capable attacker, just not a monster nuke like CGR or whatever. Really can’t go wrong with her unless you need opponents dead in >30 seconds, and as I feel like I need to emphasize that’s only really a relevant benchmark in bgs.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,329 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Of course she’s still a top tier dual threat

@Terminatrix
  • Acapp_hercules890777Acapp_hercules890777 Member Posts: 26
    Who is Photon?

R2 sure. R3 is debatable but it really comes down to your options at that point.

Between photon and ham which one worth r3? Unduped
    Yes

Definitely ham, he’s an insane nuke and even unduped a situationally great defender. Mine is r3 unduped and he’s amazing
  • SagaChampionSagaChampion Member Posts: 1,283 ★★★
    Who is Photon?
    I really like that Poll option 3
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,159 ★★★★★
    Who is Photon?

Definitely ham. Great defender, great attacker
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,329 ★★★★★
    Yes

I really like that Poll option 3

Why is Photon?
    Yes
    Everyone be asking “who is photon” or “why is photon” but never “how is photon”☹️
  • SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 701 ★★★
    No
    Squidopus said:

Samanun said:

She’s still essentially immune to parry without a miss counter, has undexable specials you're forced to eat into block if you play wrong (albeit much less chip without dupe), shuts off willpower, and can just generally eat damage alright thanks to energy resist and inequity attack reduction. Her sig is a big deal for sure but she’s still an annoyance without it who demands respect.

Also unimpressive on attack? She’s not my cup of tea personally but she’s clearly a capable attacker, just not a monster nuke like CGR or whatever. Really can’t go wrong with her unless you need opponents dead in >30 seconds, and as I feel like I need to emphasize that’s only really a relevant benchmark in bgs.
    None of those things actually matter tho, you dont need to parry just sidestep her, her specials can easily be dexed and they can be punished, she's rarely ever going to go into pure light when unduped so her specials arent a problem, shutting off willpower doesent really matter it's not like most defenders have debuffs to heal from anyways it's only real purpose is so we're not healing like 1k per tick from all her debuffs, inequity doesent come into play that much because there are alot less debuffs and energy resist isnt really that big of a deal most champs who deal energy dmg are mystics anyways, the only champ i can actually think of that does energy damage and i would actually use for photon is kate and she does the fight just fine.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    edited 1:57PM
    Yes

Pulled this champ out of my last crystal, heard mixed opinions on whether she needs dupe or not.

An awakened Photon is HELL. I think that's why she wasn't awakend as a SoS boss.

But she is good without her awakened ability. She's definitely better with it, like a lot of champs are, but still good without it and is worth ranking up. Before I awakened her from the selector, mine still got banned in BG's season after season.

Her base abilities alone allows her to counter miss, falter, and she shut down my Herc's immortality when she was on defense, go untouchable when parried and after Sp 2, has unblockable and undexable specials when in Pure Light Form, inflicts petrify, supression, and other debuffs, reduces crit resistance, great counter to Mystics. She's still can be annoying and daunting lol

• TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    Yes
    EdisonLaw said:

Of course she’s still a top tier dual threat

@Terminatrix

Absolutely!