Count Nefaria should turn off unfazed

PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,241 ★★★★
To begin champs invalidating certain masteries is absolutely nothing new,( serpent, photon, onslaught)which is why it annoys me that Nefaria(one of the champs that needs it the most ) doesn't do it. Count's evade is such a crucial part of his kit that it can make or break the matchup.
Nodes that prevent evade? That's fine no champ should counter everything, but not knowing if the opponent has a certain mastery active is just a huge fudgin gamble.
Some of you might try to argue that there's other champs that get affected by this as well (Spunk, Kate )
BUT
- Spunk and Kate inflict passive stuns on the opponent and Kate doesn't even need her evade for damage
NEFARIA NEEDS HIS EVADE, it's a crucial mechanic so either

- give him a passive stun on evade
- make him turn off the unfazed mastery
- give him an alternate pathway to build up that doesn't involve evading

Comments

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    Maybe he gains a grit for x amount of seconds
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    I knew it,
    Every time he's going to evade, there will be danger of enemy's unstoppable mastery 🤣

When a simple mastery can hammer down whole hero.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 298 ★★★
    Been talked about on other threads, but Nefaria is worse off compared to Kate and Punk as you mentioned but is pretty much in line with Negative and Elsa (minus his synergy being a less reliable counter to unfazed than theirs, but that’s barely a difference and isn’t a factor in bgs). I wouldn’t say no to it I suppose (tbh I’d rather they just get rid of unfazed entirely), but I wouldn’t get your hopes up for Kabam changing it either.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,159 ★★★★★
    It's the other way around. They designed nefaria in such a way that unfazed can counter him, so the mastery has some uses running. They know this would be a issue that's why he have the ironman synergy to apply decelerates. If you are desperate to use him on war you're supposed to take him with ironman. So it's unlikely to get changed.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,241 ★★★★

It's the other way around. They designed nefaria in such a way that unfazed can counter him, so the mastery has some uses running. They know this would be a issue that's why he have the ironman synergy to apply decelerates. If you are desperate to use him on war you're supposed to take him with ironman. So it's unlikely to get changed.

I mean if the devs planned for him to be only viable in war(AND HE STILL NEEDS A SYNERGY FOR THAT) and other pve content and NOT battlegrounds I guess thats fine then, but in his current state he's too risky to be used in bgs

I mean if the devs planned for him to be only viable in war(AND HE STILL NEEDS A SYNERGY FOR THAT) and other pve content and NOT battlegrounds I guess thats fine then, but in his current state he's too risky to be used in bgs
    Not at all. Who even runs unfazed in bgs? There are many other masteries worth investing for in bgs, and Nefaria isn't a busted bg attacker os something to run a mastery to counter him
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,194 ★★★★
    Yet there’s onslaught and photon that can alter masteries lol.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★

Not at all. Who even runs unfazed in bgs? There are many other masteries worth investing for in bgs, and Nefaria isn't a busted bg attacker os something to run a mastery to counter him
    Bro, nefa is best 2024 attacker,
    Check negase video, he explain problem with unfazed mastery clearly
    I'm not disagreeing whether he should counter unfazed mastery or not. I'm indifferent in this issue.

All I'm saying is, from a design principle, they want unfazed mastery to counter nefaria and not the other way around. So it's unlikely they'll do anything about it.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,176 ★★★★
    All I'm saying is, if he gets to counter unfazed, elsa and both negs (teenage warhead & negative) should get theirs too...

Better yet, they should just delete that mastery entirely. Sickos running it in BGs have tormented me for ages.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,873 ★★★★★

....they should just delete that mastery entirely. Sickos running it in BGs have tormented me for ages.

• Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 917 ★★★
    My brain is so broken. I read the title as unglazed
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,176 ★★★★
    I will get nuked for this, but nefa is already great for pretty much every game mode. He doesn't NEED to be able to counter unfazed. One mastery serving as a roadblock isn't the end of the world. Obviously, bgs is a big part of endgame, but y'all ever consider that they didn't want him being a top bg attacker on top everything else.

It's clear that they've changed their approach for newer champs and rebalance this year. It's good for the long term as if they keep escalating strength of champs they'll end up cornering themselves. This means they'll have to tank some aspects of some champs, create some bottlenecks, and so on. It sucks to see sometimes when they overdo it (sable), but it is necessary for game balance.

Talking about bottlenecks, sinister is insanely good after the buff, but there is the inequity bottleneck in his kit making him slower in bgs. He'll still get those fights done pretty much everywhere, but he won't be putting up the fastest scores in bgs. That's the only catch, kinda like with nefa here. There was an outcry for that too, but it died down (like this one probably will, after ppl get over their shiny new toy and move on to a shinier newer toy).

Furthermore, spunk and kate having the stun makes sense. They need to fire off their heavies to refresh their debuffs/ passives. That is not the case with elsa, negs, bullseye and nefa. The evade is core to all of their gameplay/ kits, but the passive stun isn't. Again, it makes sense for him to not have the passive stun in his kit. A passive stun is a pretty big utility on its own, and he has already got a boatload of that.

Also, unfazed doesn't fully counter evade. It gives the opponent a 1 sec unstoppable buff upon encountering an evade. It only really hinders nefa's basic attack evade (parry evade). You can still evade the last hit of specials, just don't dash in immediately after (like nagase does in the video).

His evade won't work in matchups where the opponent has any form of evade counter, and it will be tricky for any matchup involving unstoppables. It comes with the territory of having that parry evade.

It is what it is.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    And what about people that invested in Unfazed specifically to counter evade champions? Is it OK to shut off what they've invested in just because it's not a mastery you personally may use?