the aw blacklist needs to change

startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
i didn't spend on the SAGA deals last month but i know many who did. they spent a lot to get count nefaria and r3 him and he was probably banned for 75% of the season and now he's blacklisted for s53. by the time he's usable again the meta's passed him by and he'll get benched for who knows how long.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/377695/alliance-war-season-53-changelog#latest

i don't see the purpose of the blacklist anymore other than to frustrate players who invest a lot of money and resources into champions that they'll never really get to use. nefaria is probably the most egregious case because they just sold him for a lot money.

something has to change to preserve the value of rankups. i love war but it's turned into mid-tier champ slogfest.

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★

i didn't spend on the SAGA deals last month but i know many who did. they spent a lot to get count nefaria and r3 him and he was probably banned for 75% of the season and now he's blacklisted for s53. by the time he's usable again the meta's passed him by and he'll get benched for who knows how long.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/377695/alliance-war-season-53-changelog#latest

i don't see the purpose of the blacklist anymore other than to frustrate players who invest a lot of money and resources into champions that they'll never really get to use. nefaria is probably the most egregious case because they just sold him for a lot money.

something has to change to preserve the value of rankups. i love war but it's turned into mid-tier champ slogfest.

Also the tactic favours defense so much and for offense they been somewhat horrible since not a lot of debuffs and most of the debuff options get banned
  • GizzillaGizzilla Member Posts: 14
    100% agree. I have champs that I have put off ranking up because I have to rank up a saga champ so I can counter whatever stupid trap champ has been put on my line only to see the champ I've leveled up either get banned or become useless in the next saga. I'd like to level up the champs I want to, not the ones I have to, too stay current.
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 85
    Easy change is having class restrictions.
    T1 with 5 bans..max 3 from any class.
    T2 with 3 bans.. Max 2 from any class
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 550 ★★★★

Oh look silk banned again

As if she wasnt already perma banned all last season.

This meta is terrible and this system is awful.
    You shouldnt be able to blacklist/ban saga champs. They disincentivize ranking up champs for the saga which is the opposite of what they should be doing

Not really, this meta is funny, you will find out many champions are more useful than you thought if you search on YouTube, or just think hard.
    It’s probably the best meta of the whole year, I know I complained initially, but it is really funny.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    edited October 1
    😂 wait so the new hotness is banned.. That’s freaking hilarious. Even if people like an attacker in 2024 be prepared for the tactic pools to be so shallow people ban new attackers based on hype because the other options are laughable anyways
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,272 ★★★★★
    my god you guys just released Nefaria and based a whole event around ripping your wallet apart to get him

now we can't even use him??? seriously?!
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 461 ★★★
    I agree with what everyone has said already, but this was just the icing on the cake

They disincentivize ranking up champs for the saga which is the opposite of what they should be doing

Especially with a saga tactic as oppressive as Provocateurs are. Now, with the blacklist taking away two good saga Champs, there will be room to ban other good Secutor Champs, making it even tougher (I won't list any to give people ideas). What's the point of ranking up effective saga Champs if you're never going to be able to use them? The only thing I can think of is that they're trying to incentivize using less "OP" saga Champs, but AW isn't the place to make that kind of change.

I agree with what everyone has said already, but this was just the icing on the cake

They disincentivize ranking up champs for the saga which is the opposite of what they should be doing

Especially with a saga tactic as oppressive as Provocateurs are. Now, with the blacklist taking away two good saga Champs, there will be room to ban other good Secutor Champs, making it even tougher (I won't list any to give people ideas). What's the point of ranking up effective saga Champs if you're never going to be able to use them? The only thing I can think of is that they're trying to incentivize using less "OP" saga Champs, but AW isn't the place to make that kind of change.
    Oh selection poverty doesn’t even begin to describe it. Bye bye to the 3 most used
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★

Tactic champs should never be banned on blacklist instead should be whitelisted black list should be for the most used frequent non tactic champs im yet to see angela banned once
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 906 ★★★★
    I was thinking of taking my Silk to r3, but then I thought to myself: I’m literally not gonna be able to play her for months. In bgs she’ll be banned a lot, in aw she’ll be banned, I’d rather use other champs over her for questing. What’s even the point
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    edited October 2
    You can't make this shi up man 😂
    So silk and shuri are now AUTOMATICALLY banned giving alliances the opportunity to ban 3 other TOP secutor attackers instead making 5 total unplayable secutor attackers

Keep in mind there are arguably about only 5 actual good options in the entire pool
    I would know because my alliance permanently bans silk and shuri
    Who are we supposed to actually play as now that 5 of the only useful ones are getting banned, SHOCKER?? Doc Ock??

Kabam better change this pool 😭
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

Kabam better change this pool 😭

not happening unfortunately

"Based on how everything had landed, and the current balance with the Tactics at large, we are happy with where everything is currently and will let the next Season of Alliance War continue as normal."
  • GabeZRodGabeZRod Member Posts: 74 ★★
    I think this was the season that just made me apathetic to the game… I’m past the demoralization of dying in war. It’s not fun anymore. Getting sp3’d and missing so often is ultimately a good way to dig this game’s grave. More than half the attack tactic champs are useless
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,245 ★★★★★
    They blacklisted shuri over Omega sentinel? Lol
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,134 ★★★★★
    edited October 2
    Kabam makes new saga for war 😍🥳
    Questionable scuffed attackers on saga 😵‍💫

Permanently ban few remaining usable attackers for said saga 😶

"Team has data, data, data told AW engagement is not increasing, so rewards won't increase." ✅
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,134 ★★★★★

my god you guys just released Nefaria and based a whole event around ripping your wallet apart to get him

This right here man 💀
    I feel kinda, actually very bad for people who bought 7* nefa, r3 gems, sig stones for him to use in war from previous money deals

Only for Kabam to take it all away for whole war month.
    Crazy indeed.
    edited October 2
    PT_99 said:

"Team has data, data, data told AW engagement is not increasing, so rewards won't increase." ✅

Great call back… I know that my AW engagement tanked in December of last year when it was clear this was the direction of AW. Punishing tactics with a sliding slope of attacker options causing the best ones to be permanently unavailable. Between this and unreliable infight game performance AW is not worth the stress.
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

I feel kinda, actually very bad for people who bought 7* nefa, r3 gems, sig stones for him to use in war from previous money deals
    that's just bad business but it's a symptom of the ban system. i've generally given up hope that we can use champs like we used to.

they could release 7* hulking, kate, scorpion, kingpin etc.. and they will be banned all season then blacklisted if they're global and if they're not global they won't be much use on any minibosses or on boss island because the globals are too niche.

all the greats are basically trophy champs we can barely use and it sucks.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 436 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

Great call back… I know that my AW engagement tanked in December of last year when it was clear this was the direction of AW. Punishing tactics with a sliding slope of attacker options causing the best ones to be permanently unavailable. Between this and unreliable infight game performance AW is not worth the stress.

Exactly. AW is awful, sagas seemed to have potential but the implementation has made them more annoying than anything else with the garbage tactics and garbage champ pools.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,245 ★★★★★
    We had one good AW season with clarity+HOM but y'all complained it was too easy and guess what we got now?🤡
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 914 ★★★★
    And he’s not usable in BGs cos unfazed. I wonder if more people are going to spend on the next champ or not. 🤡