Is colossus still viable for Act 8 and Endgame Content?

JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 249
I used to be a pretty avid colossus player when 7 stars weren’t even a thought. I am paragon yet I have not stepped into act 8 or the crucible and other endgame content. If I have those immunities covered, could he still have viability? Even unduped since I don’t have him and don’t know when I’ll dupe him? I don’t have 6 or 7 star omega red or juggs either. I’m torn. I want thing to slap on BGs even tho he rlly needs high sig but if I can use colossus through act 8 and endgame content, I’ll go with him. I’ve seen different creators say different things and now I’m confused.

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,475 ★★★★
    7 star r6 colsosus stats are broken as hell. 30k 40k attack rating tings. Choose colosus
  • HuskerCoolHuskerCool Member Posts: 152
    i’ve seen many state that he’s lost relevance but they usually don’t elaborate as to why. I know getting him sig’d up could be problematic as a 7*. And many skill champions can be difficult to parry/heavy. But it seems like he would still be very useful against anyone who can’t shrug off parries.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    You can probably use him in a lot of places. His damage is above average at worst and his immunities are valuable. He’s just not a champ you ever usually need over other options, and his place as a mutant is awkward considering he’s hamstrung by being parry stun reliant and skills are the one class that will make you really regret that. If you like him I really don’t think you’re missing out on much by picking him over Thing, I think he’s definitely the best attacker of the three in the selector by a sizable margin. It’s just that even in the many paths you could use him on in higher level content, there’s almost certainly a few champs better suited to it and several others who can do a similar job. Depends on how much you value being the best or having unique niches over solid general performance.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 249

7 star r6 colsosus stats are broken as hell. 30k 40k attack rating tings. Choose colosus

Brother I got enough trouble r2ing and r3ing let alone a rank 4….let alone a r6🤣
    Squidopus said:

You can probably use him in a lot of places. His damage is above average at worst and his immunities are valuable. He’s just not a champ you ever usually need over other options, and his place as a mutant is awkward considering he’s hamstrung by being parry stun reliant and skills are the one class that will make you really regret that. If you like him I really don’t think you’re missing out on much by picking him over Thing, I think he’s definitely the best attacker of the three in the selector by a sizable margin. It’s just that even in the many paths you could use him on in higher level content, there’s almost certainly a few champs better suited to it and several others who can do a similar job. Depends on how much you value being the best or having unique niches over solid general performance.

Think this gave me the confidence I need to pick thing🤣
    edited October 3
    I mean its an investment for a broken champ. Pretty sure he will have better numbers than cgr, maybe double, maybe triple
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,164 ★★★★★

Giga forum MEMEber
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,447 ★★★★★
    He’s tanky, does damage, has helpful immunities, etc. Only thing is, he has a restrictive playstyle of parry-heavy
    EdisonLaw said:

He’s tanky, does damage, has helpful immunities, etc. Only thing is, he has a restrictive playstyle of parry-heavy

Yeah I went with thing 🤣
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,447 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Yeah I went with thing 🤣
    Is he duped though?
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Yeah I went with thing 🤣
    Is he duped though?
    Unfortunately no but I put a little iso into him and slapped him in the BGs deck. People mess up and ban him instead of onslaught, serpent, or bullseye especially in the lower ranks and I didn’t know when I was going to dupe colossus if I picked him. I also don’t have 6 or 7 star OR or Juggs yet so I was kaput and out of options synergies wise too. I have quest clearers so I figured I’d go for the practical option
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,109 ★★★★★
    I chose thing dupe cause I am done with all endgame content. However I will use him only in arena
  • shield311shield311 Member Posts: 462 ★★★

I mean its an investment for a broken champ. Pretty sure he will have better numbers than cgr, maybe double, maybe triple

💀💀💀 by the time r6 is a thing, 90% of the champion pool will already be a 7* and the stats scale with rank for all champions, you really can't be comparing 7r6 with 7r3 or below, every champ will gain stat boost mate 😭 🙏 also ain't no way even a 7r6 colossus gonna come close to cgr's damage ramped up
    shield311 said:

💀💀💀 by the time r6 is a thing, 90% of the champion pool will already be a 7* and the stats scale with rank for all champions, you really can't be comparing 7r6 with 7r3 or below, every champ will gain stat boost mate 😭 🙏 also ain't no way even a 7r6 colossus gonna come close to cgr's damage ramped up
    Fairs to nearly all ur points but pretty sure colosus would cook cgr. R6 can get about a 50 to 60k attack rating. For reference, my r5 ascended kingpin has about 5k I think (tbf, not including extra attack rating from overpower or fury, but I doubt it will make his attack go over 10k)